The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody heard anything
from uni of manchester or Leeds trinity? Can't stop checking! X
Reply 2121
Original post by JMR26
I graduated about 12 years ago with Dual Hons Biology and Finance, but Maths was always the subject I enjoyed.
I'm applying for MMU, Edge Hill and Schools Direct at Weaverham.
Fingers and toes all crossed that we both get places!:biggrin:

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2122
Original post by Airfairy
I get understand that at undergrad level, but not at PGCE. It makes even less sense that clearing existed last year (when applications only went to one uni at a time) than this year. Still I know people can drop them last minute and pick one uni out of three, etc, but when some courses have like 500+ applicants for 20 spaces it's just hard to see how they couldn't be filled.

I checked last year in July which courses were still open for secondary maths, about 75% of courses still had vacancies. Including some good unis like Kings.
Original post by cutebat
Passport and bank card- need two things with signature on it. But remember to take your evidence of application with you :-) Good luck!! xx

Thank you! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow evening! Thanks for all the help - you're a star xx
Original post by LAEVIE
I passed both numeracy and literacy today and I took a print out of my application form. They hardly looked at it to be honest!

Congratulations! How did you find the Numeracy?
Original post by LAEVIE
I passed both numeracy and literacy today and I took a print out of my application form. They hardly looked at it to be honest!

Hi
What are these tests? Do the tests compensate for a lack of a qualification? If so, do many universities recognise these as qualifications?
I know that this is question overload!!! I would be grateful for any kind of help with this, since these tests might help me apply for a PGDE :-)
More specifically, if anyone has information to this regard that applies to a Scottish university then please enlighten me, if you can :-D
Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Reply 2125
Original post by Descartes93
My application was submitted on Friday afternoon and I still have not received my welcome letter and therefore cannot log into track!!!!!!!

I will be pouncing the postman as soon as I see him....

If you click 'forgotten log in details' your personal ID is sent to you. I just did it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bordercollies10
Hi
What are these tests? Do the tests compensate for a lack of a qualification? If so, do many universities recognise these as qualifications?
I know that this is question overload!!! I would be grateful for any kind of help with this, since these tests might help me apply for a PGDE :-)
More specifically, if anyone has information to this regard that applies to a Scottish university then please enlighten me, if you can :-D
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

hey these tests are only for english unis. they dont apply to scottish ones. where you applying to? :smile:
Original post by hippygirl
hey these tests are only for english unis. they dont apply to scottish ones. where you applying to? :smile:

Hey
I'm applying to UWS, Glasgow and Strathclyde :-)
Ahhh, thanks for sharing that, that's interesting to hear! And it doesn't surprise me at all :frown: so basically going off that, we shouldn't really put hope into apply 2! I mean, if I don't get anything from apply 1 I will definitely go into apply 2 and apply anywhere but hopefully it won't come to that.

Hi Airfairy,

Also bear in mind that some people will be given conditional offers after Apply 1, dependent on them passing their undergraduate degree/science GCSE/skills test etc. Unfortunately not everyone will get the grades they need, or pass the skills tests, in which case a lot more places become available. My friend is on a SCITT at the moment, and three people have had to drop out as they'd failed their skills test three times. So essentially that's three places that could have been filled by other (more competent) people!

I think this is why a lot of universities now demand that you pass your tests within eight weeks of getting an offer, so that if you fail, they can re-open their recruitment process and keep looking for other people.
Have got an interview at the Institute of Education for the 5th of December! Am so nervous, can't quite belive I got an interview so quickly :smile:
Am still waiting to hear from Kingston, and St Mary's University College Twickenham though
Has anyone heard from Nottingham Trent, Derby or Leicester yet?
Reply 2131
It seems to be the IoE that is sending everyone off to interview next week. I was hoping to have passed my skills tests by the time I was being interviewed, but I guess it's just nice to have an interview.
Has anyone applied to Edge Hill, Cumbria or Sheffield Hallam? Have you got even an acknowledgement?
My application has been sent! Applying for pgce primary and have received the email from both unis to say it's being considered!
i applied last year and got asked to interview quite quickly and then had to pull out as I found out I was pregnant! One plus though is that I sat the literacy skills test last year so one less thing to worry about!
Although it's daunting to be doing it with a 4 month old this time! Anyone else applying have young children?
i already work in a school and have taught in Spain so not worried about the experience side but nervous about the presentation!
Has anyone applied to Edge Hill, Cumbria or Sheffield Hallam? Have you got even an acknowledgement?

I have applied to Edge Hill and a school-direct option in Cumbria but haven't heard anything back yet.

I know one individual that has an interview at Edge Hill in the next few weeks...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Andrew240
I have applied to Edge Hill and a school-direct option in Cumbria but haven't heard anything back yet.

I know one individual that has an interview at Edge Hill in the next few weeks...

Oh right :frown: for what subject though? I guess different subjects may have their own way of doing things. What have you applied for?
Interviews are flying around here! exciting times! Best of luck everybody
I have an interview at Manchester Met on Weds 5/12/13 at the Didsbury campus, anyone else? (Primary)
Original post by blondie23456
I have an interview at Manchester Met on Weds 5/12/13 at the Didsbury campus, anyone else? (Primary)

Congrats! :biggrin: Did you find out by UCAS or email?
Original post by blondie23456

When did you submit the application?
have you already sat the skills tests?

not long to prepare presentation etc!!
x
ps Wednesday is the 4th!

Latest

Trending

Trending