The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy_jucie
That doesn't give them long to interview. sunderland uni haven't even arranged interviews yet and they told me some time in Jan. But if you go by 40 day rule I should of had an interview by then? As far as I'm aware they just have to let you know if you have an interview by 40 days

I wouldn't worry about it, none of mine have even acknowledged my application :frown: I am applying for SCITT and school direct though so they make take longer. (I hope)
Reply 2381
Just a note - it's 40 working days, so that doesn't include weekends, or the christmas period when UCAS is closed (which is at least the christmas week, possibly longer) so 40 days is closer to the end of January than anything else :smile:
Reply 2382
Has anyone heard back from the University of Edinburgh Primary?
Another one still waiting on a reference- the head teacher hasn't even confirmed! It's so stressful, she keeps telling me that she'll do it in the next couple of days. I'm just so frustrated, I asked her months ago, then at the start of term, then again 2 weeks ago.
Original post by etiquette
Another one still waiting on a reference- the head teacher hasn't even confirmed! It's so stressful, she keeps telling me that she'll do it in the next couple of days. I'm just so frustrated, I asked her months ago, then at the start of term, then again 2 weeks ago.

Argh stressful isn't it! Emailed my primary reference today to say ucas was live again and had no reply.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know it is so stressful isn't it. I am awaiting my second reference too. I keep seeing posts about people being invited to interviews and it makes me feel even more stressed out!!!
Yeah, and you're trying to toe the line between persuasion and annoying when you email them. I mean, I really doubt I'm getting a personalised reference anyway, I'm pretty sure it's a stock one.
Second reference finally in and my application is now away. The blind panic can subside for a little while until I (hopefully) get interview invites.
Original post by etiquette

Original post by LaurieLee
Argh stressful isn't it! Emailed my primary reference today to say ucas was live again and had no reply.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Sara Jayne
I know it is so stressful isn't it. I am awaiting my second reference too. I keep seeing posts about people being invited to interviews and it makes me feel even more stressed out!!!

In the same boat as all of you. Frustrating, isn't it! I emailed my secondary referee on Thursday asking her politely when she plans to complete it but I've had no reply. That normally wouldn't be a problem but she always replies to emails promptly and I know she's ignoring me.
Reply 2389
Received interview offers from all three choices for the 11th, 12th and 18th of December. This all just became a bit more real! I am not prepared at all...
Original post by Beckarr
I've applied for Secondary History at Sheffield Hallam - no acknowledgement yet!
I've also applied for Leeds Trinity and York Uni via Schools Direct! Heard nothing! :frown:

...but I know that all University's have to keep their applications open for two weeks at least, so I'm thinking (hoping) that my Uni's haven't looked at their applicants yet!!

Good Luck
:biggrin:

Finally, someone else that is applying for Secondary History! The majority here seem to be applying for Primary level?

Got my welcome letter today, hopefully some interviews on the way...

Andy
Original post by dan92pne
Received interview offers from all three choices for the 11th, 12th and 18th of December. This all just became a bit more real! I am not prepared at all...

Well done, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2392
Has anyone heard from Hertfordshire?
Reply 2393
Ta!

That's fantastic, good luck! Where have you applied to?
Reply 2395
Original post by alabelle
That's fantastic, good luck! Where have you applied to?

Cheers. Edge Hill, Liverpool and a Schools Direct at Bishop Rawstorne C of E through Cumbria Uni, all Secondary History.
Original post by Juichiro
Why must this be so stressful? :frown:

That's the nature of teaching. It doesn't end with the application I'm afraid.
Cheers. Edge Hill, Liverpool and a Schools Direct at Bishop Rawstorne C of E through Cumbria Uni, all Secondary History.

That's a bit worrying for me...applied to Edge Hill and schools direct through Cumbria Uni for Secondary History. Hmmmm.
Reply 2398
yay just received offer of interview from st marys all three choices have replied with interviews now. Phew :-) hows everyone else going?
Has anyone else applied to Greenwich?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending