The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s.of
I applied last Thursday the 28th and heard yesterday! When did you apply?

I only applied on the 2nd, it's good they have given 2 weeks notice! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2661
Original post by andrea199
I only applied on the 2nd, it's good they have given 2 weeks notice! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure that's perfect, I'm sure you'll hear soon :smile: well, yes it is good but I'm from Ireland and have university deadlines up til the 16th so in a tad bit of a panic :s-smilie:
just recieved an unsuccessful from Strathclyde without an interview or anything. i'm so gutted :frown: started crying walking home from uni at 8, and got a text from a friend in uni that has applied for the same course saying she never got in either. now i am really starting to doubt my whole application and it sucks so much.
Original post by alabelle
Is that Oxford or Oxford Brookes?

Oxford. Though I've found out the date on UCAS now (next Tuesday), but still have no idea where and when specifically it is.
Original post by hippygirl
just recieved an unsuccessful from Strathclyde without an interview or anything. i'm so gutted :frown: started crying walking home from uni at 8, and got a text from a friend in uni that has applied for the same course saying she never got in either. now i am really starting to doubt my whole application and it sucks so much.

Hey, don't worry! Remember that you are going up against hundreds/thousands of applicants and your institution probably has a very limited amount of places so they are going to be extra picky. The fact that your friend was also rejected shows the competition is just really fierce this year. You have done as much as YOU can, so don't beat yourself up! There are always reasons why things happen, and although they may not be clear right now, trust me something better is waiting for you. Chin up, I'm positive you will get the responses you want from your other places xxx
Reply 2665
May I asked when and for what you applied at Oxford? I'm still waiting for them to get back to me :biggrin:
Reply 2666
Hi guys I have a question regarding interview dates. I have applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde and Edinburgh.

I am going on a short trip to Paris for a uni thing in February and I am worried that maybe I will get an interview date set whilst I'm away. Do you know how possible it is to change an interview date or if it is just not possible? :/

The whole idea of both things clashing is giving me the fear!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have also applied for those 3, frorm wat I have heard wewil hear bck wihin 40 ays- that includes gttin an interview an hearing acks think you wil b fin :biggrin:
Reply 2667

where else hav you applied?
Reply 2668
Had an interview at IoE today. There were less applicants there than I expected, and I was the only one going for my course (physics with maths); but everyone was really friendly, and the process was very informal so I'm happy with how it went. They said they'd get back with a decision in a couple of days, which makes me even more nervous now. They were my second choice (but I really liked the staff when I was there, so who knows) - meaning if I get an offer then all the pressure's off, but if I don't at least I haven't lost my first choice.
Original post by Tinitus
May I asked when and for what you applied at Oxford? I'm still waiting for them to get back to me :biggrin:

English, Secondary. Application was sent off last Thursday.
Original post by Melmac
where else hav you applied?

glasgow and edinburgh

Original post by Descartes93
Hey, don't worry! Remember that you are going up against hundreds/thousands of applicants and your institution probably has a very limited amount of places so they are going to be extra picky. The fact that your friend was also rejected shows the competition is just really fierce this year. You have done as much as YOU can, so don't beat yourself up! There are always reasons why things happen, and although they may not be clear right now, trust me something better is waiting for you. Chin up, I'm positive you will get the responses you want from your other places xxx
Reply 2672
Original post by Kk2k13
I applied today to Chichester, Brighton and Sussex after waiting for my last reference! Good luck!

That's exciting :biggrin: Thank you, good luck to you too!
Reply 2673
Original post by Tinitus

Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys... I've got a terrible case of the fear.

I applied for PGCE history in IoE London, Exeter and Bristol. My primary referee (my old thesis supervisor) filled out the reference on the night of my application. But my secondary referee has yet to do it!! She has promised she will do it tomorrow morning first thing. I teach English as a foreign language abroad and she is my boss. I had no idea interviews were already happening until I read this forum. Am I totally screwed or what? Even if I send it off tomorrow it looks like a lot of courses will have closed?

I finished UNI in 2010. I really want to do this course but now I feel that I've been screwed over by this referee.

was it for primary?
Has anybody that applied for PGCE secondary at Liverpool Hope heard anything back from them? My UCAS application update status to interview but I haven't actually received anything from them, worrying that I might miss the interview :frown:
Reply 2677
Original post by niniannon
Has anybody that applied for PGCE secondary at Liverpool Hope heard anything back from them? My UCAS application update status to interview but I haven't actually received anything from them, worrying that I might miss the interview :frown:

Click on it and it will tell you the date of the interview. At least mine does (for a different provider/course).

I haven't had any details about the interview, all I know is what is on Track, which says "Interview" under the decision column, and then clicking on it tells me the date of the interview.

I expect further details will be sent out by post or e-mail - my Track has only updated tonight, so could be another 3 or so days before I receive anything else!
Original post by Deja Vu
Click on it and it will tell you the date of the interview. At least mine does (for a different provider/course).

I haven't had any details about the interview, all I know is what is on Track, which says "Interview" under the decision column, and then clicking on it tells me the date of the interview.

I expect further details will be sent out by post or e-mail - my Track has only updated tonight, so could be another 3 or so days before I receive anything else!

Thank you, I found it now, although they've arranged it for the only day I stated on my application that I was unavailable for interview :frown:
Reply 2679
Original post by niniannon
Thank you, I found it now, although they've arranged it for the only day I stated on my application that I was unavailable for interview :frown:

Sounds like a test...

Why can't you make it?

My uni that I'm at for undergrad, their English PGCE department state that they'll happily attempt to reschedule interviews if it is possible, they just can't guarantee it.

So you could always ask them just in case - but I would personally reschedule the other thing instead, if at all possible, and only ask as a last resort.

Good luck!

I didn't put any dates on my application form..

Latest

Trending

Trending