The Student Room Group

What is your favourite coffee place/cafe and what do you usually order?

I don't tend to frequent cafes a lot but recently I have grown fond of Costa. I order hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and the mozzarella and tomato Panini. I tried the carrot and coconut juices in Pret recently and I really didn't like them. I've yet to try their food properly though. I quite like the mint frappe milkshake from Nero. I don't really go to Starbucks but when I do I like their chocolate cream frappucino and their Christmas lattes. What about everyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by brightcitylights
I don't tend to frequent cafes a lot but recently I have grown fond of Costa. I order hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and the mozzarella and tomato Panini. I tried the carrot and coconut juices in Pret recently and I really didn't like them. I've yet to try their food properly though. I quite like the mint frappe milkshake from Nero. I don't really go to Starbucks but when I do I like their chocolate cream frappucino and their Christmas lattes. What about everyone else?

I love a good chai latte from anywhere :smile: But Nero's do an amazing luxury hot chocolate, milano or something?
Reply 2
costa, soya chai tea latte
Original post by sidmanny
I love a good chai latte from anywhere :smile: But Nero's do an amazing luxury hot chocolate, milano or something?

Never tried a chai latte! Or the hot choc - will bear it in mind:smile:
I do like the festive drinks from Starbucks - toffee nut latte and gingerbread latte. Hot chocs are good from there too.
For a normal latte, I prefer Pret over any coffee shop :smile:
Reply 5
Costa:
Large hot chocolate w. Marshmallows & cream - £3.25
Ham & Cheese panini - £3.95

Total = £7.20

Every.single.time.
Reply 6
I love Starbucks and Costa. I also used to love BB's before it closed.

In Starbucks I normally order a caramel frappucino but I've grown addicted to their peppermint hot chocolates! :smile:

In Costa it's usually hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows
Reply 7
Costa. I always have a creme brulee latte. If they are out of creme brulee syrup, I then go for a caramel latte :smile:
Nescafé, black, in a mug, made in my kitchen.
Reply 9
Lol never ordered coffee or anything similar from any place like costa or starbucks, and i'll keep it that way.

Now, go to India and ask for a good cup of chai on the road. Now that is some good ****, not this crap they dish out to you hipsters.
Reply 10
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Costa:
Large hot chocolate w. Marshmallows & cream - £3.25
Ham & Cheese panini - £3.95

Total = £7.20

Every.single.time.

Mind boggling, £3.95 for essentially some warm ham and cheese on toast?
Normally I have a caramel macchiatto from starbucks but at the moment I'm having honeycomb hot chocolate from Costa - nicest thing I've ever drunk!
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol never ordered coffee or anything similar from any place like costa or starbucks, and i'll keep it that way.

Same. It just seemed to take off after Ross and Rachel down at Central Perk.
Original post by Ggmu!

Now, go to India and ask for a good cup of chai on the road. Now that is some good ****, not this crap they dish out to you hipsters.

You must be trolling. Everyone orders coffee in coffee shops. They're everywhere and that's what they're for. Talking about how much you love obscure underground Indian tea that the rest of us don't know about, however...

My order is generally a black americano, to which I add sugar. Sometimes vanilla is best.

If we're doing food I used to be a faithful adherent to the chicken and bacon caesar on artisan in Pret, but recently converted to their Italian prosciutto. Always that with crisps and the americano.
Reply 14
A new favourite is Pret's soy flat white, reasonable price and sooo good! Only about 50 calories too lol - a new one just opened near my house so I'm quite lucky in that sense!

I personally don't really love the chai tea latte at Costa, I find that it's too sweet and that's the only problem with it. Does anyone know if you can ask for less syrup or something? Or any other coffee place that do a good chai latte? :smile:
Original post by yennibubs
I do like the festive drinks from Starbucks - toffee nut latte and gingerbread latte. Hot chocs are good from there too.
For a normal latte, I prefer Pret over any coffee shop :smile:

Gingerbread latte :coma:
Original post by JennaEmBee
Normally I have a caramel macchiatto from starbucks but at the moment I'm having honeycomb hot chocolate from Costa - nicest thing I've ever drunk!

I tried that the other day expecting great thing, but I could practically taste the diabetes :frown:
I love Starbucks mainly because of the comfortable atmosphere and store layout.

I'm not a regular though.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I tried that the other day expecting great thing, but I could practically taste the diabetes :frown:

lol quite. A lot of drinks offered by these places are just so American I can't bring myself to drink them. I might very occasionally try a small one, but super sweet isn't really what I'm looking for in an everyday coffee...
I can't say I'm a fan of Starbucks/Costa's extortionate prices. I live on a street in Hull brimming with independent coffee shops which are just as nice but don't charge a fortune. My favourite is called Planet Coffee and they do an amazing Rocky Road Hot Chocolate for about £1.80.

Quick Reply

Latest