The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

An Insight into Chester Uni

Hello! Im a current student at Chester and would love to hear your thoughts about coming to uni and help with any questions.

Does anyone have any concerns or queries about studying/living in Chester? Here are a few main things I had in mind when I first came to uni, hopefully this gives you little more insight:

What's accommodation like?
There are so many accommodation options to chose from in Chester and it can be hard to be sure of which is right for you. Firstly, the University themselves offer a range of accommodation/rooms and vary in price depending on the facilities they each provide. For example, the private Studios and en-suites are more expensive than the single bed rooms and house shares. There's other accomadation opportunities in places such as: Tramways (nearer to the train station) and Towpath (onside of the canal - some great balcony views). Personally I went with Tramways as it was closer to my creative campus (Kingsway) and I wanted to be in halls to meet new people and potential make friends - which I did!

Nightlife?
The Nightlife is always good on Fridays and Saturdays for both clubs and bars (although I find myself out on random weekdays and it's still lively in some bars!). My favourite places to go are Commanhall social, Commercial bar, Popcorn and Bonobo. Rosies is the only club in Chester at the moment as the other - Cruise, is being refurbished. This is the place to be during Freshers! It will be busy that whole week so keep an eye out on 'Skiddle' for any events taking place there that week. There's also Tuesdays for the LGTBQ+ community in Chester where The Liverpool Arms pub is the place to be! There's really something for everyone in Chester and this is what made it all worth while when I moved here.

Study Spaces?
Personally, I like to get myself out the house when focusing on work. One place I tend to go is the Seabourne Library situated at Exton Park (Main campus) it's in the heart of the city so not too far for all. There's also plenty of cute, quiet cafes in town that I sometimes like to go to and treat myself to a coffee! The Storehouse being one of them, there's a whole hall space for people to sit down and work.

I'm currently studying photography at the University of Chester and I know these were the main questions I had in mind. If you have anymore pop them below and we can get a discussion going :smile:

Ellie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending