The Student Room Group

Top 5 Coffee Places in Coventry

Hi there! My name is Fatima and I’m pursuing a Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing Management at Coventry University. Due to the intense amount of coursework of my degree, staying energised is important, therefore having a cup of coffee is always essential! As much as I enjoy the coffee I make at home, sometimes I need to step out of my dorm and into a trendy café. As a coffee aficionado, I can proudly say that I have tried coffee from most of the amazing coffee houses that Coventry has to offer. The following are my Top 5 favourite Cafés in Coventry:

1. Warwick Row Espresso

To begin with, Warwick Row Espresso is one of my favourite cafes in Coventry! It is situated close to the train station and is only a short walk from the City Centre. The coffee is extremely delicious, with a strong and vibrant taste. It is made using single origin espresso, and hot drinks are served with a Lotus Biscoff to help satisfy sweet cravings. As well as this, the latte art is Insta worthy and even the interior is aesthetic, featuring copper lightbulbs which hang from the ceiling. Moreover, it is also a pet friendly café.

Bakery items like rich, gooey brownies and delectable muffins are also available and a variety of scrumptious bagel options are also sold, and they offer both indoor and outdoor seating. It is no doubt the perfect spot to catch up with a friend, read a book or for an intense study session because the coffee will be guaranteed to energise!

Warwick Row Espresso.JPG

2. Baxter Baristas @ 16 Hales Street or Esquires

Esquires is situated next to the Coventry Transport Museum, which is located in the City Centre. It is a big café and offers adequate seating. The theme and aesthetics of the café is interlinked with Coventry’s motor history. As there’s a large glass wall, sunlight streams inside and offers gorgeous, natural interior lighting. The coffee is so smooth and silky that it’s almost like drinking a cloud! Furthermore, the mugs have a rustic feel, and the coffee art is stunning! Several brunch options are also available, along with bakery items. Esquires is also a pet friendly café who even offers student discount!

Esquires.JPG

3. Bean and Leaf Coffee house

Bean and Leaf Coffee House is a family run hidden gem, which can be found in the nook of the City Centre. The café has a cosy, hipster aesthetic. Although it might seem small to begin with, they offer additional seating in the basement as well as outdoor seating. The café serves a variety of flavourful coffees with an assortment of sweet treats and sandwiches. As well as this, it is a fabulous Insta worthy coffee spot!

Cacao.JPG

4. Cacao Coffee and Chocolate Co.

Cacao Coffee and Chocolate Co. is extremely renowned for their decadent hot chocolate and mochas. The drinks are served in large mugs and are kept warm with a small candle placed below the mugs, which is extremely satisfying as I love my drinks to stay warm - So I am a fan of this luxury and innovative idea. There are a diverse range of gorgeous hot chocolates, and the menu comprises of tasty vegan and vegetarian options too. Furthermore, a set-up of cakes and desserts is available. The café has a modern contemporary aesthetic. In short, it is the perfect place to treat yourself with good food and even greater coffee.

Cacao.JPG

5. Playwrights Café Coventry Canal Basin

Finally, Playwrights Café is situated by the Coventry Canal Basin which isn’t too far from the City Centre. The café offers a scenic view of the canal which can be enjoyed with a delicious, hot cup of coffee in hand. There is both outdoor and indoor seating available. The menu has multiple appetizing options for breakfast and lunch. This café is essential to go to when studying or visiting Coventry.

Playwrights.JPG

All of the places I mentioned are independent cafes. Each place has a distinct and unique style, and the coffee served at every place is terrific! There are more coffee spots in Coventry to try, but the places mentioned are brilliant to start with. Now, you know where to go the next time you need to grind for an upcoming exam, or to simply catch up with some friends.

Stay caffeinated!
- Fatima, MSc Digital Marketing Management Student
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Bean and Leaf is great! Photo is totally wrong though. Kahawa is also good, and not mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending