The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Good luck to everyone with an interview! I found out today that mine is in 4 days, but wanted to know if any other interviewees have stats as abhorrently abysmal as mine - Ive got ABCC in completed A2s, and the A isn't even chemistry
But my UKCAT was like 3390ish, maybe King's is pretty Ukcat heavy in selection
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1141
Original post by Davidjmu
Good luck to everyone with an interview! I found out today that mine is in 4 days, but wanted to know if any other interviewees have stats as abhorrently abysmal as mine - Ive got ABCC in completed A2s, and the A isn't even chemistry

Wouldn't be surprised if you had the highest ukcat score applying to KCL. Hahahahah that's a disgusting UKCAT score you sick, sick human being.
Reply 1142
Original post by lixto
i had my kcl interview today, and dont worry the iscmedical book covers all the bases :smile:
i think i had a good cop, bad cop routine though...and on top of that the tubes were delayed so i arrived so stressed! but yeah, i felt it was a pretty chill environment.

This is very helpful, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1143
Original post by Davidjmu

Awesome UKCAT! are you a resitter then?
How long is it till we hear about offers/rejections? Had my interview yesterday and now I just want to know hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamnc
How long is it till we hear about offers/rejections? Had my interview yesterday and now I just want to know hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha tell me about it, I had my interview on Wednesday and I've already checked track and the portal...as if something will actually have changed within 48 hours 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maryamnc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it went well! I think it could be anything from a few weeks until a few months haha!
Interviews are held December-March/April I think?
My interview's on Tuesday, scared isn't the word!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lixto
i had my kcl interview today, and dont worry the iscmedical book covers all the bases :smile:
i think i had a good cop, bad cop routine though...and on top of that the tubes were delayed so i arrived so stressed! but yeah, i felt it was a pretty chill environment.

Good luck with the interview result!
Sorry I've got a couple of questions, not about the interview itself though :smile:

- Did you take a copy of your interview letter with you? It's a pdf on the portal. I read that we're meant to print it out, but I can't open mine :frown: I've emailed and messaged them asking about it but no reply. Does it have any crucial info on it/ what does it say?

- Was it an essay or questionnaire you had to do in the end?
Hey dudes and dudettes! I was wondering what ethical issues have been around in the last 12-18 months??

I dont want to know the exact ethical issues anyone was given (people may have been given different ones anyway), or seem like I CBA doing the research myself.

I have looked at all the main websites extensively and looked around euthanasia etc. as a good basis but no issues have stood out to me as a possible article at interview yet :frown:

Please help! I have an interview in ten days!! Agh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, are we given the ethical case study on the day of the interview?

Because in the ISC book it say we are usually given these kind of things days before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cephalosporin
Congrats!!!!! :smile: Is your interview for January and if so, which date? :smile:

17th December :smile:
Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy
Also, are we given the ethical case study on the day of the interview?

Because in the ISC book it say we are usually given these kind of things days before

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're given it before you go in to the interview, as soon as you arrive.
It's better than most unis, at Durham I was given the scenarios during the interview, So I only had as long as it took me to read it all to think about it.
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
same day as me!!! when did you get your invite? and what time is yours?

I don't know when I actually got it, but I saw it yesterday afternoon :smile: Mine's 2:40pm. You?
Original post by sidmanny
Good luck with the interview result!
Sorry I've got a couple of questions, not about the interview itself though :smile:

- Did you take a copy of your interview letter with you? It's a pdf on the portal. I read that we're meant to print it out, but I can't open mine :frown: I've emailed and messaged them asking about it but no reply. Does it have any crucial info on it/ what does it say?

- Was it an essay or questionnaire you had to do in the end?

I printed mine off but they didn't ask for it, they just needed photo ID. And it was an essay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, who normally are the interviewers at Kings? Also how are we preparing for the essay? :s-smilie:
Original post by Dandaman9999
Hey guys, who normally are the interviewers at Kings? Also how are we preparing for the essay? :s-smilie:

I'm actually getting worried about the essay! I will practise it today (I've only prepared for the interview itself until now). My interview is Tuesday ahh! When's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsmagic
I'm actually getting worried about the essay! I will practise it today (I've only prepared for the interview itself until now). My interview is Tuesday ahh! When's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah mine is on Thursday so I have slightly longer! The essay is only used for comparisons between very similar candidates so I'm not as worried about it (as long as the interview itself goes well!), but obviously still don't want to fail :tongue: I'm more worried about the actual interview and the thought of me messing it up is scaring me :frown:
Reply 1157
Original post by itsmagic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines on Tuesday also, 3.40pm...when is yours?
I haven't thought about the essay much, I think practicing answers to standard questions will hopefully give me enough knowledge on the doctors responsibilities ..(he says)
Guys don't worry about the essay, you can't prepare for it. It's really not that bad! Concentrate on the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1159
Hi guys, have any graduates applying to the a100 course received interview invites?

Quick Reply

Latest