The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8740
Ivanovic with three assists from crosses and a hattrick from set pieces :colonhash:
Reply 8741
KDB's manager has confirmed he's "looking for a solution" with Chelsea and has other clubs interested, going to be interesting to see our reaction to this IMO. I'd hate to see him go as we're just losing out on another top young talent, but for his sake I think it might be for the best unless we're actually going to play him regularly. If he starts tomorrow I think that's a sign of intent from Mourinho that he wants to keep him, don't think that'll happen mind. He'll probably start midweek against Sunderland in the league cup.
Reply 8742
Original post by Enoxial
Mourinho isn't going to buy in January transfer window :unimpressed:

But he never said anything about selling :albertein:
Not sure I believe Mourinho tbf, he won't be happy with how we're playing and certain areas glaringly need improving. Think he might just be holding his cards close to his chest; given how inconsistent the team have been so far announcing you intend/need to improve to the press midseason won't exactly do wonders for the team's morale.
Reply 8743
Yeah I think if Jose is going to sign someone he'll try and do it quietly for a number of obvious reasons. As for KDB, I don't think we'll sell him in January tbh. I just want to see the lad get a ****ing run out at CM, which is probably his best shot at really getting a place in the side.

Also, was thinking earlier about our striker situation, I wonder if we wouldn't do better putting one of our AMs up top as a reverse 9. It would be interesting to see if someone could do it well considering we have too many AMs and none of our strikers are impressing, kind of seems worth a shot. Hazard, Willian or Schurrle all seem like they could do a functional job there. I remember Hazard playing there just once, which I think was in one of Di Matteo's final games, maybe against Juve or something? His finishing isn't the most clinical in the world, but I think he'd get plenty of goals just by taking it around the keeper tbh. And Schurrle obviously got a go there against Utd away, not the easiest fixture to prove yourself in as a new player in the premier league. We've already seen he can ****ing shoot.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8744
Original post by mhsc
Yeah I think if Jose is going to sign someone he'll try and do it quietly for a number of obvious reasons. As for KDB, I don't think we'll sell him in January tbh. I just want to see the lad get a ****ing run out at CM, which is probably his best shot at really getting a place in the side.

Also, was thinking earlier about our striker situation, I wonder if we wouldn't do better putting one of our AMs up top as a reverse 9. It would be interesting to see if someone could do it well considering we have too many AMs and none of our strikers are impressing, kind of seems worth a shot. Hazard, Willian or Schurrle all seem like they could do a functional job there. I remember Hazard playing there just once, which I think was in one of Di Matteo's final games, maybe against Juve or something? His finishing isn't the most clinical in the world, but I think he'd get plenty of goals just by taking it around the keeper tbh. And Schurrle obviously got a go there against Utd away, not the easiest fixture to prove yourself in as a new player in the premier league. We've already seen he can ****ing shoot.

There's a reason it was his final game. We got ****ing murdered :lol:
Original post by The Assassin
Ha, of course. I mean, it gets a tad annoying that Chelsea games are a rarity on ITV in comparison to Manchester United for example, but on the bright side one won't have to listen to the unbearable commentary from Townsend and terrible punditry from Chiles!

!

Well, quite. Are Chelsea games rare on ITV? :s-smilie: ITV only show FA Cup and the odd CL game, don't they? I suppose I don't recall any of our CL group games being on ITV this season...
Reply 8746
Original post by UnWise
There's a reason it was his final game. We got ****ing murdered :lol:

Yeah, I remember that much. Was it the game against Juve? Can't really blame Hazard for that, they were just way way better than us
Come on City :colone:
Original post by mhsc
Ivanovic with three assists from crosses and a hattrick from set pieces :colonhash:

Not even Ozil could get that.
Reply 8749
That's because Ozil is ****.
Original post by Nickini
Not sure I believe Mourinho tbf, he won't be happy with how we're playing and certain areas glaringly need improving. Think he might just be holding his cards close to his chest; given how inconsistent the team have been so far announcing you intend/need to improve to the press midseason won't exactly do wonders for the team's morale.

That makes sense tbh :yy:
Original post by chelseafreak
predictions anyone?

We go down 1-0 early on then waste hundreds of chances before grabbing a couple for a slim 2-1 victory.
Reply 8752
I hope we use the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 again
I want Ba to play, not sure if hes fit.
How would our 95 pointer team do against the City of today? (Away)
Original post by Nichrome
We go down 1-0 early on then waste hundreds of chances before grabbing a couple for a slim 2-1 victory.

Or we go 1-0 down and hardly create a single chance, passing the ball interminably in front of Palace's back ten, before scoring two scrappy goals, perhaps one a dubious penalty.
The problem with Chelsea is that they buy players they don't need like Willian, Van Ginkel and Etoo who have been poor this season except VANGINKEL who is a long term doubt through injury. Their academy/ other players are actually quite impressive e.g. Ake, Piazon, Chalobah, Lukaku and Courtois should all have back we didn't need any real signings this season if we just had Lukaku everything would have been fine and maybe just buy Schurrle who is a decent player and when he plays will provide assists/goals
Reply 8757
Cech; Ivanovic, D Luiz, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Essien; Willian, Mata, Hazard, Torres
Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Lampard, Oscar, Schurrle, Ba, Eto’o.

Looks like KDB will be going tbh.
KDB not even on the bench.
Nice to see Mata starting over Oscar. Wonder how Torres is going to react to Mourinho's midweek criticism...probably not well.

Latest