The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8900
Drogba !!! Man this draw must be rigged for sure, too coincidential for Mourinho to get his wish straight off.
Reply 8901
Original post by trrr
The Cl draws are fixed.

In other news, blue is a colour.
Reply 8902
King Didier :sad:
Man I'm going to cry when he comes on the pitch. I really need to see the home leg. Might have to go without eating for a day or two to save up for it or even worse, get an overdraft.
Reply 8903
Original post by 9MmBulletz

I wouldnt say it's pressing atm, but we need some sort of striker. Lukaku may score 15-20 goals this year for Everton, but someone that is experienced in Europe and knows the pressures of playing for a big club would help. I'd say we go for Rooney or Benzema and do a 60-30 kind of thing. Lukaku was pretty much a super-sub for West Brom anyway.

I can't see us winning the league. We're not taking our chances and Liverpool, City and Arsenal are pulling away from us in terms of goal difference. I say City are favourites and I'm not too sure of beating Liverpool, despite us being at home.

With the pressing, I'd say that while we're able to hassle opponents well, they still find it easy to cut through our midfield, not as easy as say Liverpool's, but easy nonetheless. Mikel isn't mobile enough as you say which prevents us from pressing in that area as well as say(bayern munich last season or dortmund when bender+gundogan are the pair)

If we get a player in jan, we'll see. I know we're not taking our chances but we are getting wins, I still think it'll be tight. There's two ways to obviously improve our GD, there's getting another striker which increases our chance conversion rate, or theres getting another midfielder that doesn't do that, but he reduces the goals conceded and helps us with chance creation. Either way is fine tbh. We can easily score 2-3 goals a match which we have been doing the past month or so which isn't bad, it's just that we concede a goal or 2 each match as well.
Omg I have to go to the home game vs Gala. **** man. This is going to be too emotional

I hope Drogba doesn't dive to score a penalty against us though!!
...and can you imagine how we'll be like at set-pieces vs him? Omg...
Drogba said he'll be playing at home at both legs :blush:
Reply 8907
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Drogba said he'll be playing at home at both legs :blush:

My tears aren't too far off now..

Sent from my HTC One
Original post by UnWise
My tears aren't too far off now..

Sent from my HTC One

You getting tickets to the home leg? If so, do you know roughly when the ticket sales begin?

If I'm gonna go to my first champions league match, no better way to start it with Drogba :cool:
I'm going to go to that match if it kills me and if Drogba scores I'm going to give him a standing ovation.
Drogba will score 3-4 goals in the 2 legs. Cech can't keep a clean sheet for his life and the defense has been horrific.
When was the last clean sheet?

Happy Drogba is back though, a hat-trick from Drogba but Chelsea winning 4-3 would be a dream result.
What is it with ex-Chelsea this week? Clarke, AVB & Franco all gone!
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
You getting tickets to the home leg? If so, do you know roughly when the ticket sales begin?

Won't be until mid-January at the earliest.
If anyone gets a chance to the away leg ... beg, steal or borrow to get yourself there. Istanbul is one of the most amazing cities in the world and you'll never see an atmosphere anywhere in Europe quite like at Galatasaray. It was a mind-blowing experience when we played there.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Won't be until mid-January at the earliest.

Thanks.
Reply 8915

Someone posted it on FB
Reply 8916
Original post by Deshi

Someone posted it on FB

:cry:
Reply 8917

Football vids can make me tear up more then most other kinds of videos, all that passion. (no homo)
Reply 8918
I'm not watching that video before my brother thinks I've got PMS.
That's a great great vid. Thanks for the link :cry:

Latest