The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3940
Original post by bellylaugh
I found the real one slightly easier than the practice ones. I signed up to Numeracy Ready and practised all of their tests quite a few times until I felt confident on the mental arithmetic part. I think the calculator part was easier too. I had ten minutes spare at the end of the test so I had time to go back and double check all my answers. Make sure you're confident (and quick) at working out fractions/percentages/time/converting km/miles and you'll be fine!

Do you think Numeracy ready is worth the money? I just tried an online test and found it really difficult and ending up quitting before I got to the end haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
Do you think Numeracy ready is worth the money? I just tried an online test and found it really difficult and ending up quitting before I got to the end haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely. I was really rusty on my mental arithmetic until I signed up to Numeracy Ready. It's only £20 and without it, I really don't think I would have passed my skills test. I've recommended it to so many people now, they should be paying me commission!
Original post by northern-belle
Don't know if anyone else has had the same experience but Cumbria Uni (Lancaster) doesn't hang about on making decisions.
Only had my interview yesterday and already had an offer which i've seen this evening! Had consigned myself to maybe not finding out till after christmas but obviously not anymore.

Wow that is fast. Well done! I have an interview there in Jan.

Hoping to find out if I have an offer from Sheffield Hallam before xmas but it was only yesterday and term finishes on Friday so probably not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got another interview to Oxford Brookes. :smile:
Can Reading please hurry up? They said we should hear back from our interviews by Christmas and they're the last one i'm waiting on now!
I've had all my interviews now, just a matter of waiting for 'the decisions' all said we should find out within a couple of weeks, could be a but slower due to christmas, but generally should be processed quickly,
aww I just want to know now !
Interview today! It is my first one and with my first choice so I am rather nervous!!
Good luck! They were really lovely and put you at ease (as much as possible) at Derby x
Had my first interview at IoE yesterday. Not sure how it went to be honest but I think my presentation was definitely better than the group interview. Just wanna know now!
Original post by kittykebab
Good luck! They were really lovely and put you at ease (as much as possible) at Derby x

Thanks, that is very reassuring!
Had Edinburgh this week, and it was also really friendly. Loved the campus, but trying not to get my hopes up just in case!

Will tomorrow be the last day for finding out before January?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3951
Original post by Glendstar
Had my first interview at IoE yesterday. Not sure how it went to be honest but I think my presentation was definitely better than the group interview. Just wanna know now!

I had my interview there last week .They are generally quite quick. You might get a response today. All the best.
Original post by FreTims
I had my interview there last week .They are generally quite quick. You might get a response today. All the best.

Thanks! How did it go for you? That would be great if I did here today or tomorrow. It doesn't help that everyone keeps telling me that I'll definitely get it... :s-smilie:
Yay heard back from my other two choices today!

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation.

The choices I have just mentioned are a SCITT and a School Direct. Now the school direct is accredited by the SCITT and is also one of the schools consortium schools.

My interview is one for both of the courses held in the main SCITT school.

My question is, for school direct, are you meant to focus your answers to their school because I did research the school before I applied and decided why I thought I would be suited to teaching there.

The SCITT is my first choice though!

It seems so strange haha.
Guys with offers - did you get your offer through track or e-mail? I don't know if I'm wasting my time constantly checking track!
Reply 3955
Original post by Glendstar
Thanks! How did it go for you? That would be great if I did here today or tomorrow. It doesn't help that everyone keeps telling me that I'll definitely get it... :s-smilie:

Yeah I know... My interview was good .I was notified the ff day with an offer. What course did you apply for? Mine is Business Studies....
Original post by Airfairy
Guys with offers - did you get your offer through track or e-mail? I don't know if I'm wasting my time constantly checking track!

Mine came through UCAS track the day after my interview. Though my other two interviews I had didn't even show on UCAS track, so I think it depends on the Universities/schools.
Original post by xxstace123xx
Yay heard back from my other two choices today!

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation.

The choices I have just mentioned are a SCITT and a School Direct. Now the school direct is accredited by the SCITT and is also one of the schools consortium schools.

My interview is one for both of the courses held in the main SCITT school.

My question is, for school direct, are you meant to focus your answers to their school because I did research the school before I applied and decided why I thought I would be suited to teaching there.

The SCITT is my first choice though!

It seems so strange haha.

Well done on getting an interview! I wouldn't worry too much about tailoring your answers to a particular school as the questions they ask are likely to be very generic. Unless they ask you specifically why you want to work at that particular school, I wouldn't worry. I had my interview for School Direct and had three headmasters interview me, so I couldn't tailor my answers to a suit a particular school. I think they just want you to demonstrate a passion for teaching and an understanding of the pressures of a PGCE! Good luck!
Reply 3958

I got mine through track.

I got a phone call on Tuesday with an offer and it's only just updated on Track this morning.

Latest

Trending

Trending