The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7340
Original post by Red Fox
It's that the Chinese postman thing?

I'm not on AQA so i have a different book so i wouldn't know :redface:
Original post by techno836
I'm not on AQA so i have a different book so i wouldn't know :redface:

Fair enough, D1 is easy you just have to remember to do every single step to get the marks:tongue:
Reply 7342
Original post by Red Fox
Fair enough, D1 is easy you just have to remember to do every single step to get the marks:tongue:

Yeah :lol:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Hey guys, did everyone here have their parents evening yet?

I have mine Mid-January.

I'm assuming the Grades that go on your Mock Paper are based upon your performance throughout the year & Test Grades.

^ I'l probz get. History: A/A*. Physics: A. French: B. Maths: C.
My Maths sucks really bad. :frown:

I have got my current grades Further Maths:A* Physics:A* Maths:A Geography:B and they were based on my performance across the year so far in tests,homeworks and stuff but my current grades will be reset based on how I do on the mock solely.My Geography Teacher said that all of our hard work we have done so far will count for nothing if our mock result is bad.

I am slightly worried because my Physics Teacher said that if you don't get your target grade you will have to come back for extra lessons and I'm not worried about this for Physics but She implied that other subjects would operate the same in her department and I am a grade below my target grade in Geography.Although, I'm not really doing that bad its just He marks it all to A-80% B-70% C-60% D-50% E-40% but the AQA grade boundaries are a lot lower and I have a feeling He will mark the mock in the same way.Anyone else do AQA Geography I got 76/105 for the first half term and this half term 79/109 which should be more than B under real grade boundaries.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by techno836
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

Subjects

Scottish Highers

International Baccalaureate

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

hey, i am new to this thread :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7345
Finally finished :smile:

16 pieces of homework though, including a big coursework project :frown: Not so great, but could be worse.
Hey, any Year 12s applied/applying for the EDT Headstart scheme this summer? :smile:
Reply 7347
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Hey, any Year 12s applied/applying for the EDT Headstart scheme this summer? :smile:

Care to elaborate :holmes:

Original post by busybumblebee
hey, i am new to this thread :smile:

Hi :wavey: welcome :welcome: do you want me to add you to the OP :h: what are your A levels? :smile:
Reply 7348
Original post by Cluck
Finally finished :smile:

16 pieces of homework though, including a big coursework project :frown: Not so great, but could be worse.

I've only been given 3 pieces of homework and they ain't even big tasks :gah: I think they're just expecting us to revise for our january mocks.
Reply 7349
Original post by Katie97
I've only been given 3 pieces of homework and they ain't even big tasks :gah: I think they're just expecting us to revise for our january mocks.

Ah yes, revision... got that too! :s-smilie:
Hi guys quick question you know if I wanted to do a politics degree will biology history and English literature as alevels be okay?
Original post by simmy123
Hi guys quick question you know if I wanted to do a politics degree will biology history and English literature as alevels be okay?

Yes.
Reply 7352
Hi guys, best ways to revise for math, bio , chem and history? Any help much appreciated! If I haven't done any independent work, will it hinder my chances of getting an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My birthday wasn't 10 hours late this year; I'm actually in the correct time zone :tongue:
Original post by Ani97
Hi guys, best ways to revise for math, bio , chem and history? Any help much appreciated! If I haven't done any independent work, will it hinder my chances of getting an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know the 'best ways' for you to revise for your subjects because they differ between people. My mind works differently to yours and ideally this should be something that you work out for yourself.

I would, however, recommend doing past papers (especially for maths) to identify particular areas for improvement.
Original post by MangoFreak
My birthday wasn't 10 hours late this year; I'm actually in the correct time zone :tongue:

Happy birthday!
:party:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Happy birthday!
:party:

I suppose in England it is still my birthday for 38 minutes :tongue: Thanks :awesome:
I suppose in England it is still my birthday for 38 minutes :tongue: Thanks :awesome:

Just one more year 'til beer :wink:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Just one more year 'til beer :wink:

I'm more of a rum (and coke) sort of person :tongue:
I'm more of a rum (and coke) sort of person :tongue:

I've never tried rum, but I will admit that beer isn't my favourite either :tongue:

I still prefer it to wine though. I've never seen/read it, but I feel betrayed by Bridget Jones. Vile stuff :unimpressed: .

Latest