The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Offers have been given out today I think because someone on twitter got one today :frown:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1721
Original post by General Maximus
We should still be fine!

Yes I'm a graduate (biomedical sciences; 2.1).

Awesome! Well good luck with everything! :smile:
Original post by Mehroze1
By the sounds of it, post-christmas interviews get a questionnaire rather than an essay. I had an essay before my interview and had 15 mins for it, dont worry its nothing like BMAT, tbh its nothing that you need to revise for so I really wouldnt worry! They use it to differentiate between candidates who are similar, this is what they said on the interview invite:
"You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation."

Thanks for that! I'm still a bit unsure about it but I hope my privy to indecisiveness won't hinder my essay writing skills. As long as the question won't be as irritating as the BMAT :P

How long is the essay meant to be?
Reply 1723
Will King's solely look at interview performance when deciding to give an offer post-interview, or will they also go back and re-review academic performance, personal statement, UKCAT etc. in conjunction with everything else?
Reply 1724
Original post by Xhizor
Will King's solely look at interview performance when deciding to give an offer post-interview, or will they also go back and re-review academic performance, personal statement, UKCAT etc. in conjunction with everything else?

I'm not quite sure so don't quote me on this but I have a feeling that the majority of med schools drop everything once an interview has been given and focus solely on that. Unless there is an exceptional situation where maybe two candidates scored very similarly. You'll have to check with an expert though!
Original post by medic321
ohhh cool!!! when is this post-offer open day? is there only one day for all candidates? haha yeah hope so too!! :P

I think there's only one for everyone, it's on 19th March :smile:
For all those worried about the essay don't be!
Mine sucked. I was nervous and my mind was preoccupied with the interview itself and the ethical scenario.

I was meant to be interviewed at 4pm (second to last one of the day), they were running late (called in at 4:40) and they looked tired. I lost all hope.

They only use the essay to differentiate between very close candidates. I'm sure if they read my essay they would have rejected me haha.

You can't really prepare for the essay.

Relax guys, worry about it when you are given it. Focus on your interview! You do well in that, they throw your essay in the bin.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1727
Do the admission people work in the weekend? is there a need to keep checking my portal haha ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flobie
Weve signed a form saying we won't disclose any information about the essay or ethical scenario, so we can't tell you what it's about, as they use the same one for everyone so telling would give you guys an unfair advantage.

But what actually happens is you go and sit in the waiting room, sign the form etc and half an hour before your interview you're given the essay and ethical scenario, and each takes fifteen minutes. After half an hour you're called in for your interview :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1729
Just wondering, when you uploaded certificates did you just upload as levels and gcses? Or also include your module scores sheet? This is particularly aimed at successful applicants as I'm pretty happy with my module scores but didn't include them, but now I regret it and wish I had... Do you think it will make a difference? Thanks!
Reply 1730
Original post by Cactus8
Just wondering, when you uploaded certificates did you just upload as levels and gcses? Or also include your module scores sheet? This is particularly aimed at successful applicants as I'm pretty happy with my module scores but didn't include them, but now I regret it and wish I had... Do you think it will make a difference? Thanks!

I don't think it makes a difference really, I uploaded my certificates only and I received an offer on the 13th Dec. They are only interested about the amount of A*/A at GCSE and your grades at AS not modules. You can upload if you wish :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1731
Original post by Momberly
I don't think it makes a difference really, I uploaded my certificates only and I received an offer on the 13th Dec. They are only interested about the amount of A*/A at GCSE and your grades at AS not modules. You can upload if you wish :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When was your interview if you don't mind me asking? This makes me feel better :smile: I think I just feel a bit paranoid because I haven't heard yet so I'm starting to think of all the things I could have done haha
Reply 1732
Original post by Cactus8
When was your interview if you don't mind me asking? This makes me feel better :smile: I think I just feel a bit paranoid because I haven't heard yet so I'm starting to think of all the things I could have done haha

My interview was on the 3rd, haha that feeling is normal don't worry, I personally thought I could have done so much better at the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meurge
No, I'm becoming more and more agitated with each passing day !

Had mine on the 10th and got my offer!
Reply 1734
Original post by RobinThicke1
Had mine on the 10th and got my offer!

congrats! when did you receive your offer and overall how did you feel the interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Momberly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you upload your passport photocopy too before an offer?

Anyone else been asked to upload passport
Original post by user1-4
somebody leaked one of their essay questions, so i think they had to change it

Really?! I was gonna call up and ask if it was a mistake on Monday, because my invitation has no mention of an essay either, just a questionnaire. Someone a few pages ago said that it was a mistake for them, as they had to call up and King's apologised, offering them the possible opportunity to move the interview date forward since they had been given the wrong info etc. or something like that. :confused: I think their's was before xmas though.
Reply 1737
Original post by MrAli786
Did you upload your passport photocopy too before an offer?

Anyone else been asked to upload passport

Yeah I was asked to upload before I received my offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96
congrats! when did you receive your offer and overall how did you feel the interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Got the offer on the 2nd and thought the interview went really well tbh.
Original post by lovelycup7
Really?! I was gonna call up and ask if it was a mistake on Monday, because my invitation has no mention of an essay either, just a questionnaire. Someone a few pages ago said that it was a mistake for them, as they had to call up and King's apologised, offering them the possible opportunity to move the interview date forward since they had been given the wrong info etc. or something like that. :confused: I think their's was before xmas though.

My letter also says questionairre
Some clarity would be good!

Quick Reply

Latest