The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Guys, is it an essay or a questionnaire? In my information about the interview it says I will be completing a questionnaire...
I'm confused :frown:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by georginaj94
Guys, is it an essay or a questionnaire? In my information about the interview it says I will be completing a questionnaire...
I'm confused :frown:

There's two parts. An essay you have to write on a certain topic, and an ethics question that they will ask you to talk about in the interview. You are advised to spend about half your time on each
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
There's two parts. An essay you have to write on a certain topic, and an ethics question that they will ask you to talk about in the interview. You are advised to spend about half your time on each

ahh so why does my interview information from king's say questionnaire :frown: they're so confusing!! thank you :smile:
Holy crap, just got a message on the portal asking for certificates and passport to be scanned and uploaded, hopefully this means an offer is on the way :') And the application status has changed back to being processed for some reason :P

Nice! Did you upload your certificates before the interview?
Original post by georginaj94
ahh so why does my interview information from king's say questionnaire :frown: they're so confusing!! thank you :smile:

Well they might have changed it because apparently someone leaked their ethics question. I had my interview back in early december, so what I had to do may be different - I know thats not very helpful :P Dont worry about the essay, its only used in borderline cases between two applicants with the same interview score. Just focus on the interview and make sure you've thought about your ethics question/naire so you can tak about it (you're allowed to bring in notes as well btw)
Original post by TheRedPineapple
Nice! Did you upload your certificates before the interview?

Kinda - I've also applied to kings for biomed, which uses the same portal. The biomed admin asked for my certificates, so i uploaded them and at my interview said i'd uploaded my certificates, but apparrently the medicine team cant look at my other application so needed them sent again. Probably why its taking so long :P
Original post by DonGreeky
Has anyone had a post offer interview this week? People have been given interviews but noone seems to have been given any offers since last Friday! Please correct me if I'm wrong!! C'moonnnnn King's!!!!

I got an offer yesterday! My interview was December 4th if anyone's interested :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yolo_kevin
I got an offer yesterday! My interview was December 4th if anyone's interested :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats what sort of time did you receive the offer ? Will you be firming,
Original post by MrAli786
Congrats what sort of time did you receive the offer ? Will you be firming,

Thanks :smile: it was about half 5. Well I'm going to wait until March when Newcastle and Durham make their decisions, it's just a relief knowing I'm going somewhere. Can finally enjoy my gap year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!!! :smile: Is kings your first choice?
Well done!!! :smile: Is kings your first choice?

Gracias :smile: no it's actually my 3rd choice after Newcastle/Durham but I'm not very confident those interviews went well and I'd be more thank happy to go to kings. When did you have your interview? Hope it went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gracias :smile: no it's actually my 3rd choice after Newcastle/Durham but I'm not very confident those interviews went well and I'd be more thank happy to go to kings. When did you have your interview? Hope it went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

9th of December. I didn't do great, but it went better than my Newcastle interview - I preferred the more relaxed/conversational style
9th of December. I didn't do great, but it went better than my Newcastle interview - I preferred the more relaxed/conversational style

Aww well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile: same, I wasn't actually expecting Newcastle to be like that and I didn't even manage to talk about any work experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1993
Original post by lemon_sherbert123
Have you heard any non kings grads getting a100 interviews just I haven't seen any yet so maybe we are in a batch

I think you're right; only Kings grads have had interviews (via their internal selection process). I hope the rest of us grads hear something soon! Where else have you applied?
Original post by CW84
I think you're right; only Kings grads have had interviews (via their internal selection process). I hope the rest of us grads hear something soon! Where else have you applied?

Imperial interview warwick rejection barts waiting n kings waiting. I haven't seen non kings grads hear anything. Expecting rejection from barts just in a batch they didn't do before Xmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I was just wondering if they asked you to upload a copy of your passport? Thanks
Reply 1996
Original post by lemon_sherbert123
Imperial interview warwick rejection barts waiting n kings waiting. I haven't seen non kings grads hear anything. Expecting rejection from barts just in a batch they didn't do before Xmas

Sorry to hear about Warwick, that sucks. I wonder why there's been such a surge in applications there this year. Good luck with Imperial and hopefully Kings will come through for us too!
Original post by TheRedPineapple
Congrats! I was just wondering if they asked you to upload a copy of your passport? Thanks

Yes they asked me to upload my passport and a level certificates on December 12th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes they asked me to upload my passport and a level certificates on December 12th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, i haven't been asked to upload passport. Is that a bad thing?
Original post by CW84
Sorry to hear about Warwick, that sucks. I wonder why there's been such a surge in applications there this year. Good luck with Imperial and hopefully Kings will come through for us too!

Because they take any degree probably. A lot only take science degrees so limits the pool. Fingers crossed on imperial for me barts isn't going to happen someone supposedly got the cut off from them. However odd as they haven't done rejections so wonder if it's that accurate who knows and a barts student said they were looking at statements as ukcat has mucked up this year so who knows

Quick Reply

Latest