The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Okay :biggrin:

It's annoying :tongue: so...

我好些个学

? Probably wrong measure weird

That sentence means nothing! What are trying to say?
Original post by super_kawaii
That sentence means nothing! What are trying to say?

I have a few students.

The have I typed in wrong! I typed hao

我有写个学生
(edited 10 years ago)
I have a few students.

The have I typed in wrong! I typed hao

我有(一)些学生 wo3 you3 (yī) xiē xuésheng

is a measure word in itself, so you don't need any others, like or

Use of before is optional but often left out
Reply 9723
Original post by Ronove
I can't remember if you're in the UK or not though. I used to get up at 8:15am some days because I lived like 4 mins walk from school. If I did that as a Danish or German kid, I'd probably already have missed the start of school! :tongue:

I am in the UK :tongue: Wow, that is really late :redface: I'm already half way to school by then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
我有(一)些学生 wo3 you3 (yī) xiē xuésheng

is a measure word in itself, so you don't need any others, like or

Use of before is optional but often left out

Aah I see!

谢谢 :smile:

I just need to learn loads of vocabulary before I learn grammar, learning characters is hard! :colone:
Aah I see!

谢谢 :smile:

I just need to learn loads of vocabulary before I learn grammar, learning characters is hard! :colone:

Yeah, just learn vocabulary and some very basic grammar structures, like basic word order. Use that book you bought, it should be helpful!
Reply 9726
My Danish Chemistry and Physics textbooks just arrived. They're hardback and sort of halfway between A5 and A4, so different to UK textbooks, they're adorable! Eeeeee.
Reply 9727
New french teacher and class are so bad I'm considering just not going anymore.
Yeah, just learn vocabulary and some very basic grammar structures, like basic word order. Use that book you bought, it should be helpful!

:yep: word order I know is

Subject + time prep + place prep etc

Original post by Ronove
My Danish Chemistry and Physics textbooks just arrived. They're hardback and sort of halfway between A5 and A4, so different to UK textbooks, they're adorable! Eeeeee.

That's an awesome size! B something
Does anyone else just want to fast forward the time to April?
Not too far but also not dangerously close to zee :colone: Examination Seoson :colone:

Oh and I'm not looking forward to the snow :nope:
Original post by thatitootoo
Does anyone else just want to fast forward the time to April?
Not too far but also not dangerously close to zee :colone: Examination Seoson :colone:

Oh and I'm not looking forward to the snow :nope:

Nope, not at all!!! Even though it'll mean I'll be off travelling and then going back home to the UK, I still hate exams!
Nope, not at all!!! Even though it'll mean I'll be off travelling and then going back home to the UK, I still hate exams!

But you thrive in exams; you got into Chinese at Nottingham!!

How is the Dutch going? Gaat het nu beter? :mmm:
But you thrive in exams; you got into Chinese at Nottingham!!

How is the Dutch going? Gaat het nu beter? :mmm:

I'm at Sheffield actually, doing Chinese with Japanese :mmm:

Dutch is going terribly! I really need to kick my arse into gear-I've done nothing the past couple of days! :cry:
I'm at Sheffield actually, doing Chinese with Japanese :mmm:

Dutch is going terribly! I really need to kick my arse into gear-I've done nothing the past couple of days! :cry:

I ALWAYS GET THOSE 2 UNIS MIXED UP! It must be bacause I happen to know that both these unis have a Dutch department :wink:

That supportd my point! Sheffield must have had a lot of faith in you, to allow you to pick up Chinese AND Japanese from SCRATCH!(presumably)

Why won't you just let him teach you!
I'm sure he would appreciate that you have an interest to learn his native language, and besides, learning a language *together* is fun...and should "kick your arse(sic) into gear without you even trying!" :wink:
I will. Just trying to get my head around the basics. I wish I had a book to help me with it instead of relying on podcasts

Get Started in Dutch is AMAZING!! :yep: Or Complete Dutch...same maker but different levels reached.

Veel geluk!! :h:

Hoe kan ik jouw sexy gezicht ooit vergeten?!?!
Corrections in quote :colone:

You like your commas too much, HOU OP! (;^^:wink:

:wink:

Dank je wel!

Nee, en je kan niet mij stoppen. :sexface:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :sexface:
(preferably for native/ fluent French speakers)

I'm currently writing my AS oral presentation, which is on French literature. In one paragraph, I discuss Voltaire; his life and his works and their influence. What tense should I use? Perfect, imperfect, past historic? For example, I have the sentence 'Voltaire was an eminent philosopher... he believed xyz was ridiculous...'.

Merci!
Original post by aasvogel
(preferably for native/ fluent French speakers)

I'm currently writing my AS oral presentation, which is on French literature. In one paragraph, I discuss Voltaire; his life and his works and their influence. What tense should I use? Perfect, imperfect, past historic? For example, I have the sentence 'Voltaire was an eminent philosopher... he believed xyz was ridiculous...'.

Merci!

The perfect and the past historic are the same thing, except the passé simple is used in formal writing, thus I would avoid using that. I would use a mix of the perfect and imperfect.
I got full UMS on my AS French oral, currently on a first in my second year of my French joint honours degree, so that would be my perspective :smile:
As for your sentence, I would write that in the imperfect, he was but still is even in death an eminent philosopher :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheBigJosh
The perfect and the past historic are the same thing, except the passé simple is used in formal writing, thus I would avoid using that. I would use a mix of the perfect and imperfect.
I got full UMS on my AS French oral, currently on a first in my second year of my French joint honours degree, so that would be my perspective :smile:
As for your sentence, I would write that in the imperfect, he was but still is even in death an eminent philosopher :smile:

Fantastique - merci beaucoup!

I was contemplating using the passé simple because I thought the subject of the oral (French Literature) was quite formal, but I've gone with the perfect. :smile:
Original post by aasvogel
Fantastique - merci beaucoup!

I was contemplating using the passé simple because I thought the subject of the oral (French Literature) was quite formal, but I've gone with the perfect. :smile:

Pleasure, need anymore help then let me know :smile:
I ALWAYS GET THOSE 2 UNIS MIXED UP! It must be bacause I happen to know that both these unis have a Dutch department :wink:

That supportd my point! Sheffield must have had a lot of faith in you, to allow you to pick up Chinese AND Japanese from SCRATCH!(presumably)

Why won't you just let him teach you!
I'm sure he would appreciate that you have an interest to learn his native language, and besides, learning a language *together* is fun...and should "kick your arse(sic) into gear without you even trying!" :wink:

I'd taught myself a bit of both before I started uni, so it wasn't completely from scratch, but it's still been tough!

So cheeky Tootoo! :colonhash: I may well ask him to help me out though :tongue:

Original post by boumavilla
Get Started in Dutch is AMAZING!! :yep: Or Complete Dutch...same maker but different levels reached.

Veel geluk!! :h:

I'll do my best!

Latest

Trending

Trending