The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scott18044
There's an app for it too?! Awesome, that site is brilliant :biggrin:

Apparently-I think it was thatitootoo who told me about it, although I can't get it on my phone here as it's not available on the Chinese app store sadly
Original post by super_kawaii
Don't do too many at once. If you spread yourself too thinly, you'll never learn anything!

You might want to try out LiveMocha-it's completely free and I've found it really useful with my Dutch so far!

Spanish/Italian are priority :mmm:

Livemocha, will see the app!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Spanish/Italian are priority :mmm:

Livemocha, will see the app!

Don't forget to sign up for an account :teeth:
Apparently-I think it was thatitootoo who told me about it, although I can't get it on my phone here as it's not available on the Chinese app store sadly

Ahh that's annoying! I'll have to have a look for it in a little while- would be so handy if they did have it mobile at last!
Ahh that's annoying! I'll have to have a look for it in a little while- would be so handy if they did have it mobile at last!

Yeah, it is a bit annoying, although I don't have wifi in my room, just an ethernet, so it'd probably eat up all my phone credit really quickly anyway.

They should have it in the UK app store-it's just censorship in China doing the usual :mad:
Hey, was just wondering if anything knows of anything like the DW German course or RT Russian course for Dutch and Romanian? (Livemocha is off the cards b/c no linux support :s-smilie:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by medbh4805
Hey, was just wondering if anything knows of anything like the DW German course or RT Russian course for Dutch and Romanian? (Livemocha is off the cards b/c no linux support :s-smilie:)

I've just started to learn Russian, can I ask what the RT Russian course is? :P I've not come across it before
I've just started to learn Russian, can I ask what the RT Russian course is? :P I've not come across it before

It's a free online course from Russia today http://learnrussian.rt.com/lessons/

it's pretty good
Reply 9808
Yeah, it is a bit annoying, although I don't have wifi in my room, just an ethernet, so it'd probably eat up all my phone credit really quickly anyway.

They should have it in the UK app store-it's just censorship in China doing the usual :mad:

Censorship or just different target markets? I found it impossible to buy a certain Danish quiz app because my app store is set to the UK and I couldn't change it without having a Danish bank card and going through a lot of hassle. I didn't have a Danish bank account at the time and you also can't have access to two stores at once, and the majority of my purchases were most likely only going to be available on the UK app store due to the Danish market not being as interesting to app creators. :colonhash:
Original post by Ronove
Censorship or just different target markets? I found it impossible to buy a certain Danish quiz app because my app store is set to the UK and I couldn't change it without having a Danish bank card and going through a lot of hassle. I didn't have a Danish bank account at the time and you also can't have access to two stores at once, and the majority of my purchases were most likely only going to be available on the UK app store due to the Danish market not being as interesting to app creators. :colonhash:

I have this 'Suning Application Shop) on my phone and some apps just DO NOT EXIST AT ALL on it, like Snapchat or LiveMocha. Rather annoying. I think it is censorship, it's quite strict although there are ways around it on computers
Reply 9810
I have this 'Suning Application Shop) on my phone and some apps just DO NOT EXIST AT ALL on it, like Snapchat or LiveMocha. Rather annoying. I think it is censorship, it's quite strict although there are ways around it on computers

I would have just imagined that Suning Application Shop's owners haven't paid for the right to sell those apps (or those app creators haven't paid to sell their apps through them?). Censorship could have something to do with it though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't forget to sign up for an account :teeth:

Can't find an app :frown:
Original post by Ronove
I would have just imagined that Suning Application Shop's owners haven't paid for the right to sell those apps (or those app creators haven't paid to sell their apps through them?). Censorship could have something to do with it though.

It's censorship. My ex has an iPhone and he can't get them either, whereas I got Snapchat fine on my iPhone back in England
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can't find an app :frown:

I've been lied to! :mad:
Hey, I'm the advocator der advocating advocates :cool:

No app?!?! :redface:
I would have expected more from LiveMocha!! :mad:

Let me see if Busuu offers Dutch now :tongue:

Sit tight, the advocator shall confirm his findings shortly

Nee :nope:

I don't know what to advocate :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thatitootoo
Let me see if Busuu offers Dutch now.

Why would you learn Dutch? I'd refuse to learn such a useless language on the basis of how pointless it is.
Original post by tehFrance
Why would you learn Dutch? I'd refuse to learn such a useless language on the basis of how pointless it is.

:lolwut: are you being serious? Or...
Original post by beau-malheur
Omgsh :biggrin:
한국말 배우고 싶어요. I just started learning with a friend. How good is your Korean at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

아직 아주 좋아요. ㅋㅋ
사실은, I started learning 2 years ago but stopped and started again so...Yeah. I know quite a bit. :tongue:
Hey guys :smile:

I bought Rosetta Stone yesterday for Arabic. I'm really excited, actually, as I've always wanted to learn Arabic. Anyone here speak it who wouldn't mind helping me out?:smile:

Afterwards I would love to learn Spanish. Did a bit at school but obviously that's not enough, so once I learn Arabic I'd like to move on to Spanish!

Right now I speak English and Romanian :tongue:
French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese and I've just started self teaching Dutch. You?

Wow that's a lot. How did you go about it? I'm trying to teach myself Arabic at the moment, using Rosetta Stone, and don't really know how to approach it.
:frown: Any tips? Would love to know what you used, etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending