The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

https://www.facebook.com/groups/578403465581896/
If anyone is going to do a Primary/Early Years PGCE at Cambridge Uni, then feel free to add yourself to the facebook page I've made, so hopefully we can get to know other people before we get there :smile: The link is just above!
Reply 5121
Original post by Juichiro
Crazy. I have been waiting since mid December and heard nothing.This morning I got an email with an interview on the 30th. Minutes ago I got an email saying I have an interview on the 29th!
Talking about timing.

Im still waiting to hear from my choices too, so annoying when my peers have heard and already had interviews. Good luck with yours!
For the Primary PGCE, can we choose the school that we do our placement at?
Reply 5123
Hey every1, I got a conditional offer at Bradford College today.Any1 else who went for interview on 22nd January with an offer?It'd be lovely to get in touch.Nana. x
I am so thrilled that I got an offer for PGCE secondary MFL at Kingston University! :biggrin:
Reply 5125
Original post by Amy Williams
For the Primary PGCE, can we choose the school that we do our placement at?

Usually, no.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
edit
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kpwxx
Usually, no.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

The school that I am currently working in (as a TA) has told me that I can do my placement with them. Would that make any difference? x
Reply 5128
The school that I am currently working in (as a TA) has told me that I can do my placement with them. Would that make any difference? x

Possibly. Your uni will be more precise with info so I'd definitely contact them. My uni didn't allow placements at schools you had links with so that would have been out of the question anyway, and I think many unis have similar rules, along with the fact that placements are tricky to organise so after considering everyones transport options, connections, age ranges and childcare needs etc there isn't much room for preference. However, I can't speak for all unis and it's not impossible that your uni
does it differently and may allow it.

Xxx
Posted from TSR Mobile

At St Mary's you can choose 2 of your 3 placements. So you could go back to the school for 2 out of the 3 blocks.
Also they love it if you have got somewhere to go so they don't need to find you a school. Try and mention it somehow on your interview day if your reference hasn't already said it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by womanonamission
At St Mary's you can choose 2 of your 3 placements. So you could go back to the school for 2 out of the 3 blocks.
Also they love it if you have got somewhere to go so they don't need to find you a school. Try and mention it somehow on your interview day if your reference hasn't already said it x *

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's great, makes it all so much easier travelling wise too. Still waiting for St Mary's to respond to my application, it's been over a month and i haven't even received an acknowledgment email yet!
Ah that's great, makes it all so much easier travelling wise too. Still waiting for St Mary's to respond to my application, it's been over a month and i haven't even received an acknowledgment email yet!

Oh really! The admissions lady is usually very efficient. There may have been a big rush of applicants or something. Sometimes UCAS track doesn't update as well - hang in there xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5132
Original post by Sara Jayne
Hi. Yes it is from BG. Had an email from the admissions team but had nothing updated on track!

Had my official track offer through today did you get yours? X
If you have an interview at a uni in the future but you know that they are full (and are telling people that they are full) then is it possible for UCAS to withdraw that choice so that you can apply elsewhere? I'm assuming no but if you don't ask you don't get...
Reply 5134
Hi can anyone help/offer advice. I'm in apply 2 and I've searched for primary vacancies and seen leeds met have vacancies through the general course search, but when I'm logged into track and on 'add a choice' Leeds met doesn't show up.. Is this because I'm in apply 2? It's really strange !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KerryE5
Had my official track offer through today did you get yours? X

Hi yes I did too 😀. Are you planning on accepting BG as your first choice x
Why would they interview people for a course with no places on it? Does this actually happen? I have an interview on the 29tj for PGCE History at Edge Hill and the course closed to applications recently but I would have assumed that was because they have enough applications to sift through at the moment.

I would not be impressed at all if I was going to interview for a place on a course that did not exist!
Reply 5137
Original post by Sara Jayne
Hi yes I did too 😀. Are you planning on accepting BG as your first choice x

I think so still not 100% decided are you? X
Original post by Captainconehead
Why would they interview people for a course with no places on it? Does this actually happen? I have an interview on the 29tj for PGCE History at Edge Hill and the course closed to applications recently but I would have assumed that was because they have enough applications to sift through at the moment.

I would not be impressed at all if I was going to interview for a place on a course that did not exist!

An applicant for the same course had an interview two days ago and was told that as far as the university was concerned they didn't have any more places so they couldn't offer a place and instead put him on a waiting list. So yes. Bizarrely the course is still listed as having vacancies on UCAS.

I'm not annoyed with the institution, they are obviously allocated places on a very inefficient basis. What I am annoyed with is the UCAS system, in these circumstances I should be able to withdraw the offer and select another choice but I do not think that there is any way that I can.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5139
Original post by Captainconehead

Original post by zterpzterp
An applicant for the same course had an interview two days ago and was told that as far as the university was concerned they didn't have any more places so they couldn't offer a place and instead put him on a waiting list. So yes. Bizarrely the course is still listed as having vacancies on UCAS.

I'm not annoyed with the institution, they are obviously allocated places on a very inefficient basis. What I am annoyed with is the UCAS system, in these circumstances I should be able to withdraw the offer and select another choice but I do not think that there is any way that I can.

Remember this is the first year applicants have had more than one choice. I would imagine that they are doing a similar thing to undergrad and selecting more people than places as they expect a certain number to decline offers this year. However, since they've NEVER had experience of this before they don't know exactly how many are likely to decline. Also I think limits on places are more rigid for teacher training so they can't afford to offer people a place without certainty.

This is just speculation but I would be very surprised if this wasn't the case.

Captainconehead, don't panic, I imagine most unis are doing what you said... Close for a bit and reopen if they need more applicants.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending