The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I received an email from Greenwich earlier with a conditional offer :biggrin:
Is anyone else going to Greenwich for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5261
Has anybody go a derby interview tomorrow or had one recent?
Original post by MS90
I dont think they give feedback...they said on our interview pack they dont give it cos of how many applicants they have...hmm...tough decision!

I think they said you could get feedback from your interviewer on request....

I would go for Apply 2, nothing to lose and a place to gain! Plus if you don't get a place it is more experience for next year.
Original post by sianavfc
Has anybody go a derby interview tomorrow or had one recent?

What course? I had a Primary interview before Christmas. :-)
Reply 5264
Original post by Esmeralda4
I think they said you could get feedback from your interviewer on request....

I would go for Apply 2, nothing to lose and a place to gain! Plus if you don't get a place it is more experience for next year.

Yeah....i just need to decide on a university for apply 2...dont want to just rush into picking one but i dont have much time before courses start closing!!
Reply 5265
Original post by MS90
Gaaaaah...didnt get into my chosen pgce course!!gutted!i am now in the tough situation of attempting to go through apply 2 or waiting another year!!hmmmm tough decision :/

me too! Going to give it one last stab and then take a year out! A year's more experience can only be a good thing in the long run :smile:
Reply 5266
Original post by Nia1315
me too! Going to give it one last stab and then take a year out! A year's more experience can only be a good thing in the long run :smile:

Yeah thats the way ive been looking at it...what universities did you apply for?and which ones are you now considering? If you dont mind me asking :tongue:
Original post by MS90
Yeah....i just need to decide on a university for apply 2...dont want to just rush into picking one but i dont have much time before courses start closing!!

Yeah I get it. If you're wanting to stay where you are, Derby is a good option to consider! :-P Otherwise, if you're set on Trent I'd wait a year.

If you're able and willing to move...well the you have just about everywhere to pick from! Lol.
Reply 5268
Original post by MS90
Yeah thats the way ive been looking at it...what universities did you apply for?and which ones are you now considering? If you dont mind me asking :tongue:

Cardiff met, Swansea met and uwe. I've reapplied for swansea because I failed the numeracy test the first time around. I passed it everywhere else so I'm guessing I was just ridiculously nervous that day! You?
Reply 5269
Yeah I get it. If you're wanting to stay where you are, Derby is a good option to consider! :-P Otherwise, if you're set on Trent I'd wait a year.

If you're able and willing to move...well the you have just about everywhere to pick from! Lol.

I think im gonna have a look into derby and then make a decision...bahhh i feel so rushed haha
Reply 5270
Original post by Nia1315
Cardiff met, Swansea met and uwe. I've reapplied for swansea because I failed the numeracy test the first time around. I passed it everywhere else so I'm guessing I was just ridiculously nervous that day! You?

Well i only applied to nottingham trent cos of location and im unsure exactly what i failed my interview on...my ucas just says unsuccessful interview haha...so im gonna have to have a rethink on it all and decide on a place to reapply or just wait haha
Original post by MS90
I think im gonna have a look into derby and then make a decision...bahhh i feel so rushed haha

Good plan!
If you don't find a course that fits you this time just build your experience and wait for next year, certainly don't panic and rush into the wrong course. Apply 2 stays open right til the start of the course though so there is some time to research the available options. :-)
Original post by eek a me
Congratulations!!!! Which course?

Citizenship!

Im so thrilled, I can't believe it. I just never thought I'd be good enough :tongue:
Reply 5273
Definitely ring the uni and ask for feedback :smile: at the end of the day they can only say no! Also about location just remember you're on placement a lot of the time, does this make any difference? Good luck with whatever you decide :smile:
Original post by KerryE5
I think so still not 100% decided are you? X

I have accepted my place there :smile: Have you decided yet? x
Reply 5275
What course? I had a Primary interview before Christmas. :-)

Yes for primary, how is it?
Original post by alabelle
I would be totally honest with your referee, and tell them that it is vital you get your application in today. If they still don't have it done by the end of the day, ask someone else to do it, but make sure that they can complete it within two days maximum. You don't have to have someone who knows you well for your academic reference. Mine was my course leader who doesn't even know who I am. They just have to provide evidence that you can cope with the academic demands of the course (which they can tell from your records). I did that and got interviews to all three. At this stage, I would prioritise getting your application submitted over the quality of your references. As you will know, courses are closing right now and the next one could be your choice! I waited two weeks for my reference and was a nervous wreck, so I know how you feel. Good luck.

Very true... If they don't respond, try n find someone else to do for u...My one of the references doesn't know me very well but just from the records they write a reference for you.. Don't worry n don't wait much try to sort it out this week. Hopefully u cam submit*next week n...good luck.. U never know u might get an interview sooner than expected.....
Original post by sianavfc
Yes for primary, how is it?

It's fine. There were a lot of us but we were split into small groups for the main interview. Staff are really friendly and make you feel at ease. Just be prepared and ready to show everything that would make you a good teacher!
Anyone applied for Primary at Anglia Ruskin or Bishop Grot?
Sent my application about a week ago (was waiting for nightmare references!)

Any idea how long it will take to hear anything?

Well done to everyone with offers :smile:
Reply 5279
Original post by steph_cook92
I received an email from Greenwich earlier with a conditional offer :biggrin:
Is anyone else going to Greenwich for primary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got a conditional offer for Greenwich Primary too! Accepted it- now just have to pass the maths skills test!

Congratulations on your offer :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending