The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Georgiecat
Didn't fail that chemistry mock as horrifically as I thought I did - got 49/60, which is apparently a low A. I still think I can do better in the real thing though... but an As an A, I can't be too upset! :colondollar:

Well done !! Yh, is that AQA...:smile:...
Original post by MangoFreak
Has your school started EPQ prep yet? Are we even supposed to do it in Year 12? I'm so confused, my school is supposed to do it but nothing has been said since the first day.

Epq starts in year 12 n you're meant to submit it in January of year 13. We're doing it n by the end of march we'll be done with our drafts. It's alot of work and effort:ahee::o:D:dontknow::pierre::top:
Original post by MangoFreak
Has your school started EPQ prep yet? Are we even supposed to do it in Year 12? I'm so confused, my school is supposed to do it but nothing has been said since the first day.

They've not started here.

Basically here you have to do critical thinking (hence I can't do one now :lol:) and they've not started.

I think it'll start next month, like the actual introduction and explanation of it.
Original post by munno121
Epq starts in year 12 n you're meant to submit it in January of year 13. We're doing it n by the end of march we'll be done with our drafts. It's alot of work and effort:ahee::o:D:dontknow::pierre::top:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
They've not started here.

Basically here you have to do critical thinking (hence I can't do one now :lol:) and they've not started.

I think it'll start next month, like the actual introduction and explanation of it.

Ok, seems like some people haven't started the EPQ yet, which is good.
Anyone else having to choose A2 options now?:s-smilie:
Reply 8405

Yeah I had to do mine last week :redface:

and all Year 11's at my school selected their 6th form or college option and A levels

what did you decide ?
Original post by techno836
Yeah I had to do mine last week :redface:

and all Year 11's at my school selected their 6th form or college option and A levels

what did you decide ?

A2s though...?

They just wanted to know what I'm 'terminating', I chose Biology and French.
Want to pick up further maths, so Physics and Chemistry A2 with further maths A2.

Going to 'self teach' French A2.
Got my mock results today :frown:
Reply 8408
A2s though...?

They just wanted to know what I'm 'terminating', I chose Biology and French.
Want to pick up further maths, so Physics and Chemistry A2 with further maths A2.

Going to 'self teach' French A2.

Nice one best of luck I'll be doing
Maths A2
Biology A2
Chemistry A2
(Physics A2) unsure grade dependant maybe I'll be terminating Further maths as non of my teachers can teach it, and i may do EPQ
Original post by techno836
Nice one best of luck I'll be doing
Maths A2
Biology A2
Chemistry A2
(Physics A2) unsure grade dependant maybe I'll be terminating Further maths as non of my teachers can teach it, and i may do EPQ

:puke: biology!
Reply 8410
:puke: biology!

Hahaha :P

Seems a bit early? My school don't do it until results day:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
Seems a bit early? My school don't do it until results day:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My thoughts exactly, don't even know if I've passed (well for me I know what I'm doing but others might not)

That is strange, you'd usually wait until after AS results to choose A2...
Which board? On OCR A that'd still be a B, it's annoying they have such high boundaries and such strict Mark schemes.

Edexcel. I think all the chemistry grade boundaries are pretty high, regardless of board...
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
That is strange, you'd usually wait until after AS results to choose A2...

Yeah :s-smilie:

Edexcel. I think all the chemistry grade boundaries are pretty high, regardless of board...

I was just mentioning OCR because it was 85% for an A.

I was just mentioning OCR because it was 85% for an A.

That grade boundary really irritates me. It's just too high to be sensible, but low enough to be vaguely rational.
That grade boundary really irritates me. It's just too high to be sensible, but low enough to be vaguely rational.

It's the Mark schemes which make it worse. I'd prefer really hard papers with lower boundaries.
Reply 8418
ahhhhhh crap on my hospital placement forms i forgot to sign somewhere! :frown: .... i asked for them to email me back if anything was missing, i hope they do :/ (Mixed bag of emotions here)
What time do you guys start revising on the weekends?
I start at 9am or 10am

Latest