The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know if kings accept re-applicants who have been rejected post-interview?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3561
Original post by aspiringmedic1
does anyone know if kings accept re-applicants who have been rejected post-interview?

yes they do sometimes!
Original post by Rosine
Aahh I'm sorry guys .... It's difficult not to think the worst sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it's hard to stay positive, especially when people on here are getting offers after what seems like seconds when we've been waiting months, but we still have a really good chance :smile:
Reply 3563
Is there still hope for an interview if I haven't heard from them yet?
Original post by edex123
Is there still hope for an interview if I haven't heard from them yet?

yep...if the candidates interviewed so far have not scored highly enough to reach a certain target they will invite more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3565
Original post by alicia2908
You'd get an email anyway when portal updates. so theres no real point checking your portal. I just obsessively check my emails :frown:

Ja, but portal updates before you get an email. There is about a 2 hour lag between portal updating and them emailing you about the change!! So there is method behind the medical school madness!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3566
Hey guys, remember me?

I got rejected pre-interview the other day. My notification had a message saying "Whilst you met entry requirements...".
But when I asked for feedback (IT PAYS TO ASK FOR FEEDBACK) they said "you did not meet entry requirements"

Which was strange. I had a mistake with my predicted grades AABb which was then rectified by my college via email to AAAa as I should have gotten based on my moderated results.

It then struck me that King's totally ignored the email from my school. I later understood why - their policy states that any new info has to be submitted personally by the applicant! Googled " king's college medicine appeal", found it, and got cracking.

I then filed an appeal... and I got a really really prompt reply. It all happened in 3 days: I will be going up for an interview! (not sure about the date- they will contact me).

For the record, I'm international, 790 band 2.

Bottom line is, if you have a nagging feeling that something isn't right, that this shouldn't be the outcome, act on it! Ask for feedback. Send an appeal (especially if you meet the grounds for appeal). Sometimes it's good to let go and accept things. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if you've done everything humanly possible:smile:

All the best!
Reply 3567
Hi guys. Do you get notified of your rejection on the portal or by ucas or both? I got notified by ucas by the portal still says kings is processing my application so I'm a bit confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3568
Original post by franngu
Hi guys. Do you get notified of your rejection on the portal or by ucas or both? I got notified by ucas by the portal still says kings is processing my application so I'm a bit confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCAS informed me about my rejection by Kings without interview. King college portal doesnt show anything till now.
Reply 3569
Original post by mao127
Hey guys, remember me?

I got rejected pre-interview the other day. My notification had a message saying "Whilst you met entry requirements...".
But when I asked for feedback (IT PAYS TO ASK FOR FEEDBACK) they said "you did not meet entry requirements"

Which was strange. I had a mistake with my predicted grades AABb which was then rectified by my college via email to AAAa as I should have gotten based on my moderated results.

It then struck me that King's totally ignored the email from my school. I later understood why - their policy states that any new info has to be submitted personally by the applicant! Googled " king's college medicine appeal", found it, and got cracking.

I then filed an appeal... and I got a really really prompt reply. It all happened in 3 days: I will be going up for an interview! (not sure about the date- they will contact me).

Bottom line is, if you have a nagging feeling that something isn't right, that this shouldn't be the outcome, act on it! Ask for feedback. Send an appeal (especially if you meet the grounds for appeal). Sometimes it's good to let go and accept things. Sometimes you have to ask yourself if you've done everything humanly possible:smile:

All the best!

Similar thing happened to me.

I received my rejection last night and the reason given was that I did not meet the academic entrance requirements. I clearly did bcoz I score 44 IB points.

I'm international too btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the E-Mail address to ask for Feedback? If it says I didn't meet entry requirements could this be because my UKCAT wasn't high enough?
Original post by PocketMerlin
I've been checking the KCL portal page approximately 5689380 times daily since my interview on 15th January, I have no idea how some of the December interviewees can stand this wait.

Hey! my interview was on 15th Jan too :smile: what time was yours??
Original post by mao127
Hey guys, remember me?

All the best!

Hi there! I have the same nagging feeling that something isn't right about my rejection too, would you mind please telling me how you went about contacting kings? did you email them?
Reply 3573
Original post by skjsy
UCAS informed me about my rejection by Kings without interview. King college portal doesnt show anything till now.

Hey What are your GCSE and UKCAT if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Priya_Biju
Congrats !!!:smile::smile:

Thank you! How about you?? :smile:
Reply 3575
Original post by Flobie
I know, it's hard to stay positive, especially when people on here are getting offers after what seems like seconds when we've been waiting months, but we still have a really good chance :smile:

You're right :tongue:
Original post by Yes95
Hey!

I just joined TSR. Does any one know whether its still normal for me to be waiting for an interview invite? I'm an international and I don't know what to expect! I got 735 on the ukcat (I think) and I'm getting a bit worried. My stats otherwise are fine.. :frown:

I wouldn't worry. I got 735 in the UKCAT and I had my interview y'day :smile: I'm sure they'll call you soon!
Original post by hello101
LOLZ ..... i hope u have been well cehlosporin ( sorry i cant spell today ... it being friday and all that lolz )))

Hey hey helllllloo101 :smile: How's your Fridaaaaay? (Mine's lazy and unproductive, eek)
Reply 3578
I just spent my Friday watching Suits, and it is FANTASTIC. :biggrin:
Original post by Cephalosporin
Hey hey helllllloo101 :smile: How's your Fridaaaaay? (Mine's lazy and unproductive, eek)

Same... It must be this weather .... Jus trying to start prepping but can't sit down for more than an hour Lolz already wasted a week ( being un well.. - not really unwell but that is what I am telling myself Lolz) .......watching farr too much tele... I reckon as I have taken my annual leave its worth treating my self to tv .. Laziness and jus life really...Lolz
Have u started ?
How's ur week been ?? Have u had any good news yet ( hopefully that will cheer me up ..)

Want to watch hunger games ......... Can't be asked to log on and rent it Lolz Lolz
Ok enough about me here lol u tell me why has ur day been boring especially since u found out about ur interview .. If anything .that should have made up light u brighter than a North Star wink wink.....lol ?!???

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest