The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ooh, which exam?

Yeah, it's a good idea actually to revise now! Better than last minute I suppose.

That's probably why, if I did A2 French, I'd have had to have waited till 19th June for an exam!

That's pretty late, I thought humanities/languages were generally earlier?
Original post by Lewisallows
General Studies :tongue: and Music! It's frustrating that my school make us do general studies :s-smilie:

Oh Gen studies is ****. And unis don't care about it tbh!

Music seems so hard

Original post by MangoFreak
:colonhash:

Not saying I'm going to revise now though, but I can see some benefits :colone: for my subjects it's way too early.

Maybe not biology but certainly the rest.
Oh Gen studies is ****. And unis don't care about it tbh!

Music seems so hard.

Yeah, not gonna do much work for it, I'm gonna prioritise my other subjects, but if I get a good grade, well hey!:biggrin: It's not too bad actually, I'm with Edexcel and at my school we have some kinda super class... There's 6 of us and no one below grade 8...
Original post by drowninginsound
Yeah, it's not great. But at least it's better than having 3 on the same day like I did last year for GCSE! :redface:

That's what happened to a friend last year - I think he finished at something like half five!:rolleyes:
Yeah, not gonna do much work for it, I'm gonna prioritise my other subjects, but if I get a good grade, well hey!:biggrin: It's not too bad actually, I'm with Edexcel and at my school we have some kinda super class... There's 6 of us and no one below grade 8...

Yeah! True.

Oooh, that sounds crazy! What instrument do you play? I wish I could play instruments :frown:
Yeah! True.

Oooh, that sounds crazy! What instrument do you play? I wish I could play instruments :frown:

There's so much pressure to not make any mistakes! :frown: sax and clarinet:smile: It's not too late to start!:wink:
That's what happened to a friend last year - I think he finished at something like half five!:rolleyes:

Yeah I didn't finish until 5:30 either! And that was with only a 10 minute break between exams - I say break, they didn't even let us leave our desks. :unimpressed:
Must say, I'm very jealous of you taking Music A Level. There are so many subjects I wanted to take but couldn't. :redface:
x

Sax is awesome.

It is :lol: though in my frees or whatever I might just go to the pianos on my own and teach myself some songs :colone:
Yeah I didn't finish until 5:30 either! And that was with only a 10 minute break between exams - I say break, they didn't even let us leave our desks. :unimpressed:
Must say, I'm very jealous of you taking Music A Level. There are so many subjects I wanted to take but couldn't. :redface:

That sounds terrible! What subjects do you do?:smile:
Sax is awesome.

Aha, I take that as a compliment :biggrin:
That sounds terrible! What subjects do you do?:smile:

Yep, and I was ill on the day as well. :tongue:
I do Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Geography. I was going to take French as my 5th, but it clashed with Physics! What are you hoping to take at university? :smile:
I do Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Geography. I was going to take French as my 5th, but it clashed with Physics! What are you hoping to take at university? :smile:

I do all those (well dropped geography for bio which is ****)

French I do! :biggrin:

Those subjects sound intense! I'm torn between music performance at a conservatoire or something more sciencey! You?
People make their kids learn instruments from an early age. I'm going to make my children learn maths from early on. My brother's 6 and he can solve linear equations, I was taught that in year 7...
Original post by Bude8
People make their kids learn instruments from an early age. I'm going to make my children learn maths from early on. My brother's 6 and he can solve linear equations, I was taught that in year 7...

Quadratic by 7, hey?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have more exams after the half term than before which is great because 4 of the easiest ones are before then the trickier ones I will be able go over in half term. 5 days between D1 and M2 is great, much needed.
Original post by Obiejess
Quadratic by 7, hey?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Logs by 8

and he's 7 in about 2 weeks
Original post by Bude8
Logs by 8

and he's 7 in about 2 weeks

Better get him started fast then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Better get him started fast then :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Taught him surds today. It's half term next week so I might teach him linear graphs, let him practice everything, then move onto quadratics this summer.
Original post by Bude8
Taught him surds today. It's half term next week so I might teach him linear graphs, let him practice everything, then move onto quadratics this summer.

Sounds like a plan.
Anyway, I plan to have my kids at SATs standard by the time they start school. Then GCSE by 10. A Level by 14.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest