The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HLT1991
You can apply for accommodation as soon as you have your offer letter. Your offer letter has your UoB student ID number on.

Oh so I don't need to firm it first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1081
Original post by Daisymydarling
Oh so I don't need to firm it first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope
Reply 1082
I got into law with criminology too :> What were your other choices? Have you got any more offers?
Reply 1083
Just accepted Birmingham as my first choice, doing Philosophy, Religion and Ethics. :smile: applied to live in Shackleton, fingers crossed!
University of Birmingham have given me a conditional offer for Nursing, I live in Coventry so not sure whether to stay living at home and commute or to move away. I feel it'd be better to live away and have some independence and meet new people etc but then on money sid eof thigns it'd be easier to stay in Cov. It's just that placements might be hard when I'm working shifts as trains won't be running and I don't drive. Is anyone else hoping to do Nursing at University of Birmingham?x
Hi, has anyone applied through A2B for nursing? or any other course or no of anyone who has received an A2B offer?
Reply 1086
Original post by clairemariex
University of Birmingham have given me a conditional offer for Nursing, I live in Coventry so not sure whether to stay living at home and commute or to move away. I feel it'd be better to live away and have some independence and meet new people etc but then on money sid eof thigns it'd be easier to stay in Cov. It's just that placements might be hard when I'm working shifts as trains won't be running and I don't drive. Is anyone else hoping to do Nursing at University of Birmingham?x

Hi Claire congrats on your offer. Haven't seen many comments about the University of Birmingham interview process from applicants! Got an interview for adult nursing next week at the uni, how did you find it :smile:?
Reply 1087
Original post by limid19
I've applied to Birmingham to do Medical Science :smile:
I sent my application off on Tuesday and now its the start of the waiting game...
Any other MedSci. applicants awaiting offers or any had offers yet?

Just made Birmingham my Insurance for Medical Science :smile:
Original post by Sjbev
Hi Claire congrats on your offer. Haven't seen many comments about the University of Birmingham interview process from applicants! Got an interview for adult nursing next week at the uni, how did you find it :smile:?

Hi i didn't find it so bad but it was hard as it is all individual interview and they ask quite a few questions, but noones questions are going to be all exactly the same.
In the morning you watch a video on a service user and they explain their story/ experience, and you can write down notes while you watch it, and you can also bring these in with you to your individual interview to refer to.

Your allocated a time slot on your arrival for your individual interview, my interview was about 20 minutes long.

Good luck for your interview! I'm sure you will be fine,
the day before mine I had interview at Coventry which didn't go so well so although it prepared me a little bit I was anxious incase it went bad as well.
x
Original post by Bradley43
What was your LNAT score and predicted grades?

LNAT was 22 and predicted A*AA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1090
Hi wondering if anyone can answer my question. I was thinking about playing football at Birmingham by trying to get into one of the teams, firstly how competitive is it as I have only played Sunday league football? And also is there any kind of halls of residence football?
Anyone going to the applicant day on the 15th March? :')
Original post by lucindaellaaa
Anyone going to the applicant day on the 15th March? :')

I really want to go to an applicant day to see the Uni, but they literally haven't contacted me at all? Did they send you an e-mail about the applicant day?
Reply 1093
Just firmed Birmingham for physics! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1094
Original post by rjamie
Hi wondering if anyone can answer my question. I was thinking about playing football at Birmingham by trying to get into one of the teams, firstly how competitive is it as I have only played Sunday league football? And also is there any kind of halls of residence football?

Hey, I'm currently at UOB and don't have any experience of football but in general the teams are quite hard to get into, although not impossible.
There are 2 successful intra-mural leagues, one for accommodation and another for subjects, where you play against teams from other halls and courses.
Original post by clairemariex

Congrats on your offer!! I've had an offer from uni of Birmingham too, currently stuck between there and BCU though. Where else have you applied? x
Reply 1096
Original post by gravesy
Hey, I'm currently at UOB and don't have any experience of football but in general the teams are quite hard to get into, although not impossible.
There are 2 successful intra-mural leagues, one for accommodation and another for subjects, where you play against teams from other halls and courses.

Cheers mate, yeah I have been told its very competitive, I will probably give it a go! If I don't just give golf a go haha. Intra-mural leagues sounds good. Im just happy if I get to play, no matter what sport. :smile:
Original post by ColourDog
I really want to go to an applicant day to see the Uni, but they literally haven't contacted me at all? Did they send you an e-mail about the applicant day?

No, I had to go onto my portal. You should have got a letter and a pack from there giving you your details :smile:

I was confused too until my friend told me haha :smile:
Reply 1098
Hey all :smile: hopeful Birmingham chemical engineer here! 😳 worried about accommodation choice and whether I'll be slow to apply...still got my interview for Birmingham and my back up offer to come through :/ how did everyone decide accommodation? Anyone got any recommendations for someone who's clueless! Think we're having a tour on the interview day but don't know what things or look at... Thanks in advance 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucindaellaaa
No, I had to go onto my portal. You should have got a letter and a pack from there giving you your details :smile:

I was confused too until my friend told me haha :smile:

My VIP thing doesn't work :frown:

However, my email was also not showing me my emails from B'ham aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending