The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Criminal Law

For the essay question, AO2 is worth 20 marks. How much points do I need to make about the problems with the law and proposals for reform to get at least 15 marks?

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
overall in the AO2 I'd make at least 20 evaluation points and reference potential avenues for reform all the way through if you can. I usually save all the reforms for a last paragraph before my conclusion just so I can organise my essay in my head.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SaraMont
overall in the AO2 I'd make at least 20 evaluation points and reference potential avenues for reform all the way through if you can. I usually save all the reforms for a last paragraph before my conclusion just so I can organise my essay in my head.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, how are you finding it at the moment?
Reply 4
Original post by Blyts-_
Thanks, how are you finding it at the moment?

Difficult, with both exams being in summer I'm finding it hard to revise both of the exams. I think this is only because I'm predicted an A* for this subject, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
you're predicted an A*? Wow, I think the topic which were covered earlier on are ok, just got to go over the more recent topics and yeah, sucks having both exams in June.. I'm having a lot of difficulty remembering all the cases, any advice? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Blyts-_
you're predicted an A*? Wow, I think the topic which were covered earlier on are ok, just got to go over the more recent topics and yeah, sucks having both exams in June.. I'm having a lot of difficulty remembering all the cases, any advice? :biggrin:

Was that the special study exam? Like robbery and burglary.. I'm creating case booklets with all of the cases in them separated into each of the topics like murder, manslaughter etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Was that the special study exam? Like robbery and burglary.. I'm creating case booklets with all of the cases in them separated into each of the topics like murder, manslaughter etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Er yeah, my special study exam is on robbery and burglary.. what did you get last year?
Reply 8
Original post by Blyts-_
Er yeah, my special study exam is on robbery and burglary.. what did you get last year?

Everyone's is haha, I got an A last year out of sheer luck that all the questions I could answer in detail came up like delegated legislation etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Everyone's is haha, I got an A last year out of sheer luck that all the questions I could answer in detail came up like delegated legislation etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

What topics do you think could be involved in this years Criminal Law paper?
Reply 10
Original post by Blyts-_
What topics do you think could be involved in this years Criminal Law paper?

I don't have a clue, I haven't looked through all the past paper questions so far.. I made a prediction off them last year an got lucky as I only revised them topics. But so far I'm guessing omissions, consent or insanity for the essay, theft for the problem and I'm not sure for the application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I don't have a clue, I haven't looked through all the past paper questions so far.. I made a prediction off them last year an got lucky as I only revised them topics. But so far I'm guessing omissions, consent or insanity for the essay, theft for the problem and I'm not sure for the application

Posted from TSR Mobile

For AS I got 143/200, do you know how much marks I need in A2 for a B overall?
Reply 12
Original post by Blyts-_
For AS I got 143/200, do you know how much marks I need in A2 for a B overall?

You'll need 280/400 for a B overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didnt theft come up in June 2013 for section B?
Reply 14
If it did then you know more than me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi was just wondering about section A structure for the criminal law paper (G543).
Is it okay to lay out the law first and then talk about the good and bad things about that topic? Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by random1234567
Hi was just wondering about section A structure for the criminal law paper (G543).
Is it okay to lay out the law first and then talk about the good and bad things about that topic? Thanks

Yes, that's perfectly fine, I was taught to do it like that and I believe the mark scheme lays it out like that as well :smile: were you taught differently?
Original post by Blyts-_
Yes, that's perfectly fine, I was taught to do it like that and I believe the mark scheme lays it out like that as well :smile: were you taught differently?

Oh phew! ive been doing past questions based like that, and my teacher hasn't really gone over the structure for section A lol!
Yeah the mark scheme also lays it out that way and how many points should I include in terms of the bad things and good things?
(edited 10 years ago)
Also, are there any particular topics that you are focusing on for section A?
Reply 19
The topics with I am going to be revising for on the whole are actus reus, strict liability, theft, robbery, burglary, manslaughter and maybe defences. How about you? What did you get last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending