The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
Screenshot 2014-02-27 at 17.04.10 - Edited.png

Officially a Combined Honours applicant :teehee:

But now my firm and insurance are for completely different course :lol:

Congrats on finding your perfect course! :smile:
I'm thinking about doing film /media production at uni or history and film at uni so let me know how you got on with the history stuff at uni :biggrin:
Original post by Spacey368
Congrats on finding your perfect course! :smile:
I'm thinking about doing film /media production at uni or history and film at uni so let me know how you got on with the history stuff at uni :biggrin:

How embarrassing, this was the supposed to be in the year 13 thread :frown: at least you acknowledged it so it's less embarrassing :tongue: thank you :biggrin: sounds great! I will do :yep:
Original post by Lucy96
How embarrassing, this was the supposed to be in the year 13 thread :frown: at least you acknowledged it so it's less embarrassing :tongue: thank you :biggrin: sounds great! I will do :yep:

I thought I misread the thread title :facepalm:
Original post by Lucy96

That's ok :biggrin:
Had a chat with my supervisor about EPQ and turns out I had a LOT ​more reseach to do than I thought I did! :frown:
Original post by techno836
I agree but you can at least use examples from it for your PS without mentioning the level or the whole DofE itself ?

For medicine I'd try to do something more relevant which demonstrates these skills
Had a chat with my supervisor about EPQ and turns out I had a LOT ​more reseach to do than I thought I did! :frown:

Turns out it's a lot more involved to write as well! My straight A* friend was told as the essay stood it wouldn't gain more than a D, I'm scraping at a B, but that's not good enough, my supervisors helping in what to change, I'll keep you informed!

Been changing my mind multiple times a day about which subject I want to drop :s
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

Been changing my mind multiple times a day about which subject I want to drop :s

What subjects are thinking of dropping?
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Turns out it's a lot more involved to write as well! My straight A* friend was told as the essay stood it wouldn't gain more than a D, I'm scraping at a B, but that's not good enough, my supervisors helping in what to change, I'll keep you informed!

I havn't started my essay yet. :eek:
Reply 9390
For medicine I'd try to do something more relevant which demonstrates these skills

True but when you're unsure if your gonna get clinical experience like me you take everything else you can :lol:
True but when you're unsure if your gonna get clinical experience like me you take everything else you can :lol:

Very very true! It all comes down to luck! How are you financially as gap medics are good, but it's quite pricey
I havn't started my essay yet. :eek:

I know! Oh well, I'm trying to get it out of the way! Don't expect it to be perfect, you may have to draft several times
Reply 9393
Very very true! It all comes down to luck! How are you financially as gap medics are good, but it's quite pricey

Financially not very good at all :lol:

i was going to do gap medic it said it was £800 and my school was going to pay half , but when we looked into it that didn't include flights and some other stuff + i need my passport re-doing -.- so i couldn't afford it
I know! Oh well, I'm trying to get it out of the way! Don't expect it to be perfect, you may have to draft several times

Thanks for the advice :h:
Hoping to get all research done by end of next week. I think my deadline is early in June.
Reply 9395
Is anyone going to GMEX in manchester? It's the UCAS convention.
Reply 9396
Is anyone doing the AS AQA Biology Isa?
Does anyone have the WJEC mark schemes for the Chemistry CH1 May 2013 paper and the Physics PH1 May 2013 paper?
Original post by skizzle
Is anyone doing the AS AQA Biology Isa?

I am in two weeks yes! I know what they're on too :O ps apparently they're horrid compared to ocr!
Financially not very good at all :lol:

i was going to do gap medic it said it was £800 and my school was going to pay half , but when we looked into it that didn't include flights and some other stuff + i need my passport re-doing -.- so i couldn't afford it

Same here, by the time it was all said and done I was looking at 1700 pounds

Latest