The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stuffsgrooveyman
I might start from the beginning, see if I like it or not.

And wow yeah that does look brill. I'm more into places places though tbh- if that makes sense. I like the idea of a busy, vibrant marketplace instead, or a site of ancient ruins or some live music/open mic night in a nice wee jazz cafe.

So am I to an extent, beaches are great but i do like to see historic ruins, shops etc
Original post by lNurl
Welcome :smile:
Give us more info about itself:smile: what you study, where u study?

Okay well, failed two years in a row :/ now study a btec course in medical science and trying to study for chem, bio and turkish as levels. I study in central london! annnnd I'm from Izmir! :smile:
Reply 3622
Original post by JohnsHatun
Okay well, failed two years in a row :/ now study a btec course in medical science and trying to study for chem, bio and turkish as levels. I study in central london! annnnd I'm from Izmir! :smile:

I'm sure you will do good :smile:
Are you UK born or turkey born?
A level turkish is piece of cake :wink: don't worry about that
Original post by lNurl
I'm sure you will do good :smile:
Are you UK born or turkey born?
A level turkish is piece of cake :wink: don't worry about that

I was born here:smile:, Im doing both as and a2.. Im a little scared as I havent practiced but ive been told that I have really good turkish and I teach turkish so hope I should be fine.. what grade did you get and what did you find the hardest? :s-smilie:
Reply 3624
I was born here:smile:, Im doing both as and a2.. Im a little scared as I havent practiced but ive been told that I have really good turkish and I teach turkish so hope I should be fine.. what grade did you get and what did you find the hardest? :s-smilie:

I am Azerbaijani, so it wasn't very easy for me either :smile: but I managed to get A* (98%).

Hmmm hardest bit for me was translation, cos I literally did not know some words in english! I knew them in turkish.
It was 4 years ago :smile: I don't remember a lot apart from A*, cos its on my CV, proud!

i do bio and chem too (as hoping to go onto a2) :smile:
Original post by rosewater1
So am I to an extent, beaches are great but i do like to see historic ruins, shops etc

Agree; a bit of both is the best ahaha!
Original post by lNurl
I am Azerbaijani, so it wasn't very easy for me either :smile: but I managed to get A* (98%).

Hmmm hardest bit for me was translation, cos I literally did not know some words in english! I knew them in turkish.
It was 4 years ago :smile: I don't remember a lot apart from A*, cos its on my CV, proud!

Well just paid for exams today and i decided to only take AS because I wikl have 6 exams and a btec to be dealing with. Anything over 95% is an A so im aiming for an A* overall. Thanks for the motivation!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosewater1
i do bio and chem too (as hoping to go onto a2) :smile:

Yeah its hard but I'm revising now and hope fully we will do well. How many hours a week do you revise for each one and what are your exam boards? I paid £295 to retake at an another college.. Didn't know whether to be excited or cry lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3629
Is there signs of life in this thread? O_o
Reply 3630
does anybody else hear things like "youre the first from our family to go university" or similar. my family came to this country and im the 3rd generation now. so its a started from the bottom now we here kinda thing.
Original post by cem101
does anybody else hear things like "youre the first from our family to go university" or similar. my family came to this country and im the 3rd generation now. so its a started from the bottom now we here kinda thing.

Started from the bottom now we here.
Started from the bottom now the whole family is here :groovy:

Original post by lNurl
Is there signs of life in this thread? O_o

LIFE!
Reply 3632
Original post by cem101

All four of my grandparents and both parents went to uni :smile: if I didn't it would been kinda shame on me!) Nevertheless I wanted to go to uni too, and I enjoy it.
Reply 3633

LIFE!

Hurrey :wink:
Original post by lNurl
Hurrey :wink:

LMAO! My dear Turkish sister; I will freedom fight for this thread.
dgfjhknmbhgyhgih
Reply 3635
LMAO! My dear Turkish sister; I will freedom fight for this thread.
dgfjhknmbhgyhgih

Sad bit is, I'm not even turkish :wink:
Original post by lNurl
Sad bit is, I'm not even turkish :wink:

LMAO WHAT?! I thought I was the only fake :/
Who IS Turkish then?
Reply 3637
LMAO WHAT?! I thought I was the only fake :/
Who IS Turkish then?

At least I can speak fluent turkish :biggrin: *best pperson for undercover*

Ramo is turkish, defo. But he forgot about TSR :smile:
Original post by lNurl
At least I can speak fluent turkish :biggrin: *best pperson for undercover*

Ramo is turkish, defo. But he forgot about TSR :smile:

MARHABA!
Wait, what?! You speak fluent turkish yet you're not turkish?!?
SOOO confused right now:confused:

AND LMAO OH YEAH; Ramo! He'll come back though; I know it.

How did you learn to speak turkish then :/?
Reply 3639
MARHABA!
Wait, what?! You speak fluent turkish yet you're not turkish?!?
SOOO confused right now:confused:

AND LMAO OH YEAH; Ramo! He'll come back though; I know it.

How did you learn to speak turkish then :/?

Its a big secret :smile:
Basically i'm Azerbaijani, languages are kinda similar, I learnt it from TV :smile:
No turkish bf to teach me in person :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest