The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skizzle
Is anyone doing the AS AQA Biology Isa?

I am :biggrin:
Original post by skizzle

I am. I have been told that my experiment will be osmosis. I will recieve the offical experiment title next week. I am doing the practical on 12th March and the theory on 19th.

Any revision tips?
Reply 9402
Original post by EliteHoneyBadger
I am. I have been told that my experiment will be osmosis. I will recieve the offical experiment title next week. I am doing the practical on 12th March and the theory on 19th.

Any revision tips?

Im doing it too :smile: the practicals a breeze, but quite worried about the theory! Id say for the graph make sure your x axis goes down to minus figures:redface:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you sure its on osmosis ? Or is it not the same for everyone ?
And tips, know the meanings of the key terms, read the questions carefully, etc.
You'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by skizzle

Anyone doing AS Biology EMPA?
Are the EMPA and the ISA not the same thing ?
Original post by pinkgorilla
And tips, know the meanings of the key terms, read the questions carefully, etc.

Yeah,that's all I'd say, revise the topic it's around, as there are contextualised questions! There are two options
Mock week next week, my Physics is still pretty bad:mad:
Original post by Red Fox
Mock week next week, my Physics is still pretty bad:mad:

Mine is horrendous but I am feeling confident for the actual exams
We did our mocks last week already.. horrible.
hope it gets well afterwards.
I did mine a while ago got AABB, with minimal revision in BCMP respectively
Edexcel Fp2 and Fp3, which one do you find the most difficult. If you could only choose either one to study (self study) which one would you pick? [assuming that edexcel fp2 and fp3 is not linked together right? you don't need to have the knowledge of fp2 to do fp3] (Planning ahead for next year)
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1su7u4/what_photo_leaves_you_speechless/

Just spent 3 hours on this reddit thread, and probably gonna be on it for the whole day. Amazing pictures, some VERY disturbing, and I just had to show everyone.
Reply 9413
Making flashcards only now I notice how many definitions AS chemistry has, counted about 150 so far! Just finished Unit 1 cards after an hour ish, about 60~ of the total 150~ :redface:
Original post by pinkgorilla

I have been told that it is osmosis, but I have heard that a different school is doing some sort of glucose experiment
Original post by Tibbz2
Making flashcards only now I notice how many definitions AS chemistry has, counted about 150 so far! Just finished Unit 1 cards after an hour ish, about 60~ of the total 150~ :redface:

150!:eek:
Reply 9416
150!:eek:

I went through all the pages and checked how many definitions boxes there were, I think there are even more in the glossary! Luckily they're not all new! :cool:
Reply 9417
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

Been changing my mind multiple times a day about which subject I want to drop :s

I definitely want to drop media haha, its awful
Reply 9418
Original post by skizzle

I am also doing AQA AS Biology. Not too worried about the practical its the written I am freaking about. Can't find any examples of ISA papers on the AQA website. Anyone got any ISA papers?:smile:
I have been told that it is osmosis, but I have heard that a different school is doing some sort of glucose experiment

I think we might be doing the glucose one

Latest