The Student Room Group

Nursing firmers 2014!!

Hi everyone! :smile:

I would like to start a thread for all those people who have received and replied to their offers for Nursing 2014!
Also for any of you who have received offers but may still be deciding which ones to firm/insure.
I am hoping this will provide us with a great way to meet others who are also about to take that exciting giant leap further into the world of Healthcare and Nursing! :smile:
Please feel free to discuss any of your thoughts, concerns or questions relating to becoming a first year Nursing student!
You may wish to discuss finance, accommodation or just meet others who have firmed the same Uni as you!

To introduce yourselves, you may like to begin by answering the following:

What branch of Nursing did you apply for?

Which Universities did you apply for and which one/ones have you firmed/insured?

I hope you find this thread useful and look forward to getting to know some of you :smile:

I applied for child Nursing at: University of Nottingham (both the Master of Nursing Science and the BSc), University of Birmingham, Coventry and Northampton.
I have received offers from Birmingham and Nottingham. I was unsuccessful at Coventry and I am hoping to receive my decision on Northampton later today! Once I hear form Northampton I will be making my final decisions :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone firmed Nottingham??
Reply 2
Hi
I have also received am offer from Nottingham for child nursing at the moment it is my top choice :smile:
The one thing I am struggling with is the accommodation I missed the open days so I'm not sure what they are like x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
They are providing open days for people holding offers so it might be worth going to one of them. I can't really help you as I wont be living within the campus, I will be looking for alternative accommodation nearby.
Reply 4
I have been offered a place for the masters-adult nursing branch and have firmed the place. However I am really unsure on accommodation. With the masters the term time is the same as other uni students, is it worth going catered because I preferred the accommodation on campus but I am still worried because of placements?
Reply 5
I did wonder that too I don't really want to be paying for catered if I'm not there for some of it. I'm attending the UCAS visit day on the 15th so I'll be able to get more information then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Sorry like i said I'm not the best person to ask about the accommodation side of things. Prob worth speaking to current students on here. Look in the Nottingham forums
Reply 7
Original post by Miahhh
I have been offered a place for the masters-adult nursing branch and have firmed the place. However I am really unsure on accommodation. With the masters the term time is the same as other uni students, is it worth going catered because I preferred the accommodation on campus but I am still worried because of placements?

Did you get any advise or speak to anyone about your options for accommodation??
Reply 8
I just got an email saying they're having open days on the 15th, just got my offer this morning for adult nursing in nottingham
Reply 9
Original post by Rianna1
I just got an email saying they're having open days on the 15th, just got my offer this morning for adult nursing in nottingham

Congratulations! Is that for the Bsc?

Has anyone applied for the masters??
I think i'm going to put Nottingham as both my firm AND insurance choice as I have applied for both!
I applied for Adult Nursing at Nottingham, Southampton, Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth and Manchester Met.

Unsuccesful at Nottingham and Manchester Met. Withdrew from Southampton. Offer at Brookes and still waiting for Bournemouth after interview. 90% sure i'm going to firm Brookes though.
I applied for children's nursing at Bucks, west London and Hertfordshire.

I have been offered a place a my first choice which is Bucks and have to selection days to attend at herts and west london. However, I am going to cancel both selection days as I have no interest in those unis. Also my work place is linked to Bucks Uni in terms of one if Bucks hospital placements.

I did want to apply for the pgdip in children's nursing but Bucks do not offer it like some other unis so decided on the 3 years Bsc. So I would be going straight from a degree in education to a degree in nursing as I'm a final year student.

I need to read up on NHS bursaries as I'm clueless at the moment.
Reply 12
Original post by Crazy_chick1
I applied for children's nursing at Bucks, west London and Hertfordshire.

I have been offered a place a my first choice which is Bucks and have to selection days to attend at herts and west london. However, I am going to cancel both selection days as I have no interest in those unis. Also my work place is linked to Bucks Uni in terms of one if Bucks hospital placements.

I did want to apply for the pgdip in children's nursing but Bucks do not offer it like some other unis so decided on the 3 years Bsc. So I would be going straight from a degree in education to a degree in nursing as I'm a final year student.

I need to read up on NHS bursaries as I'm clueless at the moment.

I've started looking at NHS bursaries today but by the looks of it its best to apply for the maintinance loan first so u know how much your getting
Original post by Sbarron
I've started looking at NHS bursaries today but by the looks of it its best to apply for the maintinance loan first so u know how much your getting[/

Ok I will check it out. Is the maintance lain from the student loans company or the NHS?
Reply 14
I applied for the Maintenance Loan at the beginning of this week as it's not means tested it is so easy to apply for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissKatieH
I applied for the Maintenance Loan at the beginning of this week as it's not means tested it is so easy to apply for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok. What about the bursary is it all means tested?
Reply 16
I have applied for adult nursing and have recieved offers from Nottingham, Bangor and Manchester. Was unsuccessful at Liverpool as I never did A level Biology, which I knew but needed another choice:yep:

Only problem is I can't decide whether I prefer Bangor or Manchester!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sazi007
I have applied for adult nursing and have recieved offers from Nottingham, Bangor and Manchester. Was unsuccessful at Liverpool as I never did A level Biology, which I knew but needed another choice:yep:

Only problem is I can't decide whether I prefer Bangor or Manchester!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm, whats the difference in terms of how each course is run. Bucks do 6 months Uni and 6 months placement. I know some unis do Uni and placement at the same time.
Reply 18
Anyone else going to Nottingham?

NEED MORE INFO ON ACCOMMODATION! pm me
Reply 19
[QUOTE="Crazy_chick1;46739235"]
Original post by Sbarron
I've started looking at NHS bursaries today but by the looks of it its best to apply for the maintinance loan first so u know how much your getting[/

Ok I will check it out. Is the maintance lain from the student loans company or the NHS?

Its from student loans

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending