The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angel8907
Congratulations! I am too! What subject?? :-)

Thank you, congratulations to you too! :biggrin: I am doing Primary, what about you? :smile:
Original post by mitisha93
Thank you, congratulations to you too! :biggrin: I am doing Primary, what about you? :smile:

I'm doing secondary PE School Direct. But I'm still to get unconditional as I'm in my final year of my degree! Are you studying still?
I'm doing secondary PE School Direct. But I'm still to get unconditional as I'm in my final year of my degree! Are you studying still?

Sounds good! :biggrin: Yep I am still studying, in my final year as well. Struggling with these last few months... can't wait until it's over!
Original post by mitisha93
Sounds good! :biggrin: Yep I am still studying, in my final year as well. Struggling with these last few months... can't wait until it's over!

Literally hanging on by a thread, counting down the days! Good luck with everything! :-)
Literally hanging on by a thread, counting down the days! Good luck with everything! :-)

Good luck to you as well! Wishing you all the best :smile:
I got an email today saying one of my referees has completed their ucas reference...even though they did it back in November and I've accepted an offer! I'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5766
Original post by Airfairy
I got an email today saying one of my referees has completed their ucas reference...even though they did it back in November and I've accepted an offer! I'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats strange... can you login to track and see what happens?
Original post by cutebat
Thats strange... can you login to track and see what happens?

Yeah I have done and it looks the same as always. The thing that makes me confused is that I recently requested him as a reference for a grant for the PGCE so it just seems coincidental that it would update with that even though it's nothing to do with UCAS. Oh well, I'll roll with it.
I was unsuccessful in Apply 1 so have applied for a schools direct and hope to have more luck.
HI

I have an interview at BCU next week! How did yours go? Any tips?

Have you had a response from them yet?
Original post by sekeena
Has anyone got an interview on the 3rd of March for Birmingham City for PGCE general primary? I have 3 tasks to do that are in 2 parts, a general test with all the national curriculum subjects, self-evaluation test, group discussion and a one on one interview. Any advice on the self-evaluation task?I'm so nervous. Dreading the exam.

Hi, I have an interview at BCU next week, im so nervous about it. How did yours go? Do you have any tips? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Smartypantsj
Does anyone have an interview at UCB University College Birmingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, how did your interview go at UCB?
Original post by Roisinkelly94
Does anyone else have an interview at Birmingham city university for primary on Wednesday..? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have an interview at BCU next week. do you have any advice for the day, Im feeling really nervous about it. Thanks
Hi,

How did your interview go? Did you do any preparation for the test?

Any tips for the day as a whole?

Thanks
Reply 5774
Hey everyone! I had my interview for Chester uni last Wednesday for Primary PGCE, got the offer on Friday. Just wanted to see if anyone else on here was going as well.
Original post by SarahDB
Hey everyone! I had my interview for Chester uni last Wednesday for Primary PGCE, got the offer on Friday. Just wanted to see if anyone else on here was going as well.

Hi Sarah! Congratulations! I'm going to Chester as well to do Primary on the condition I get a 2:1 in my degree, I don't graduate until July. Was Chester your first choice? I can't wait to start!
Reply 5776
Original post by lauramcintosh88
Hi Sarah! Congratulations! I'm going to Chester as well to do Primary on the condition I get a 2:1 in my degree, I don't graduate until July. Was Chester your first choice? I can't wait to start!

Ah cool! What course are you doing? I finished 2012, worked down in London last year. Yeah chester was first choice. Manchester and Man Met as 2nd and 3rd, got rejected by them pretty quick so really happy about chester. :smile:
Original post by teachingtaylor14
Hi, I have an interview at BCU next week. do you have any advice for the day, Im feeling really nervous about it. Thanks

My only advice is to be yourself! The teaching staff are really lovely and friendly and only want you to do well! Draw on your experience during the group discussion and keep your points clear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SarahDB
Ah cool! What course are you doing? I finished 2012, worked down in London last year. Yeah chester was first choice. Manchester and Man Met as 2nd and 3rd, got rejected by them pretty quick so really happy about chester. :smile:

I'm doing education studies with sport, can't wait to finish now and look forward to September. What is your degree in? I got a place at Man Met but Chester was my first choice too. Have you heard anything from them since you firmed your offer?
Reply 5779
Original post by lauramcintosh88
I'm doing education studies with sport, can't wait to finish now and look forward to September. What is your degree in? I got a place at Man Met but Chester was my first choice too. Have you heard anything from them since you firmed your offer?

I did theatre and performance. Then spent a year as a horse riding instructor, then spent a term as a supply teaching assistant. I haven't heard anything, all I've had through is the ucas letter confirming what my choices are.

Latest

Trending

Trending