(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Did it drop any loot?
Reply 2
big ol' rat
Huge ass ****er.
Euurrgh :frown:
Freakiest part of that story?

"However, scientists do believe they could eventually grow into the size of sheep, Dr Jan Zalasiewicz, of the University of Leicester in the UK, recently told the BBC."

Rats the size of sheep? I don't want to live in that world...
Reply 6
Original post by shooks

"However, scientists do believe they could eventually grow into the size of sheep, Dr Jan Zalasiewicz, of the University of Leicester in the UK, recently told the BBC."

Maybe we should start making containment pods which keep them in an energised status field. And then we try to catch them all...
Reply 7
Original post by shooks

That would be awesome. I want one.
Reply 8
Kind of like a capybara?

Edit: It's apparently peanuts compared to a certain historical rodent. The josephoartigasia monesi is the largest known species of rodent ever, measuring approximately 3 metres long and 1.5 metres tall. It lived around 2-4 million BCE. Must have lived in some pretty big sewers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by miser
Kind of like a capybara?

Edit: It's apparently peanuts compared to a certain historical rodent. The josephoartigasia monesi is the largest known species of rodent ever, measuring approximately 3 metres long and 1.5 metres tall. It lived around 2-4 million BCE. Must have lived in some pretty big sewers.

Yes bigger than a bull apparently. :eek:
Original post by shooks

Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Maybe we should start making containment pods which keep them in an energised status field. And then we try to catch them all...

Original post by alow
That would be awesome. I want one.

Do you think they mean evolve into a rat the size of sheep, or simply grow into that size over the years.

Or evolve in the Pokemon sense?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Captain Jack
Do you think they mean evolve into a rat the size of sheep, or simply grow into that size over the years.

It read like the population would evolve. So it would take a long, long time.
Reply 12
Original post by Captain Jack

Well I'm sure adapting to the environment is a form of evolution right?

If the size of the average rat increases over the years, I'm pretty sure that's evolution in action.

To evolve in the pokemon sense would require a lot of radiation and sheer amounts of luck to avoid tumours :biggrin: Well, if you want to evolve in that short amount of time that is.
The kid on the right is lovin' life

Quick Reply

Latest