The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by githz
Just to make sure...when they allocate accommodation do they allocate them in terms of dates of application or date of "choosing" your housing so for example if I was to change my mind last minute about which housing i wanted to stay at would I be given more preference over someone who applied later on but for the same housing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Date of Application, so you can change them as much as you want :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Got an offer for nursing degree! I will firm this uni...so happy!
I chose shackleton and both masons. As top 3. Hooefully theres loads of fit girls applying here to haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1243
Original post by RosyPearl
Got an offer for nursing degree! I will firm this uni...so happy!

Me too. ...but still deciding whether to firm it or not.
Original post by Julieth
Me too. ...but still deciding whether to firm it or not.

Well Birmingham is the first uni to get back to me and I really liked it there, so most likely this will be my firm choice. I've also been invited to attend a selection day at Nottingham but I'll see how it goes. I think both unis are quite similar though so it just depends on what I feel suits me better...thats if notts offered me a place.

What other unis have you applied to and have you been offered a place elsewhere?
Reply 1245
Well Birmingham is the first uni to get back to me and I really liked it there, so most likely this will be my firm choice. I've also been invited to attend a selection day at Nottingham but I'll see how it goes. I think both unis are quite similar though so it just depends on what I feel suits me better...thats if notts offered me a place.

What other unis have you applied to and have you been offered a place elsewhere?

I declined Lincoln and Nottingham but Sheffield, Coventry and Birmingham offered me a place. However coventry wants me to start next year February. I*live in coventry but am thinking of moving to Birmingham but not too sure cux during the interview, I signed a letter that states that they can put me in any nursing branch due to high demand of the course and I really want to do adult nursing so if I choose Birmingham am not 100% sure of getting into adult branch.

What about you? What branch are you interested in?
Original post by Julieth
I declined Lincoln and Nottingham but Sheffield, Coventry and Birmingham offered me a place. However coventry wants me to start next year February. I*live in coventry but am thinking of moving to Birmingham but not too sure cux during the interview, I signed a letter that states that they can put me in any nursing branch due to high demand of the course and I really want to do adult nursing so if I choose Birmingham am not 100% sure of getting into adult branch.

What about you? What branch are you interested in?

Oh okay, I applied for two courses at Nottingham, the masters undergraduate and the bsc, both are for the child branch. However Nottingham declined me for the Bsc for no reason, coz there was no explanation on my ucas track, but days later they decided to invite me for a selection day nurse training so I assume its for the masters undergraduate. I also applied for Surrey and they declined me. I haven't heard from kings at all. So I'm glad Birmingham accepted me otherwise it may have been more likely that I would enrol for feb intake which I'm not really keen on.

I see what you mean about Birmingham cannot guarantee your chosen branch, because they made that clear for me during the interview too. I just told them I want to get into the nursing course and if I get into the child branch then it will be a bonus. Tbh I think there is high chance of you getting into Adult because that's the least competitive and Adult make up majority of the places so I wouldn't worry about that. The only thing that worries me about Birmingham is the high entry requirements, I just hope I meet the conditional offer!
Juliet - I'm also from Coventry and going to firm UoB for nursing, and planning to mvoeto Birmingham as it'll be easier to get to placements and stuff and get to know more new people :smile:
hey does anyone know where i can find my student id number? i need it to apply for accommodation and i cant find it on any of the letters or emails from the university :frown: it would be really helpful of someone could tell where they found theirs so i can apply for accommodation asap :biggrin:
Reply 1249
Original post by daehyuns
hey does anyone know where i can find my student id number? i need it to apply for accommodation and i cant find it on any of the letters or emails from the university :frown: it would be really helpful of someone could tell where they found theirs so i can apply for accommodation asap :biggrin:

It should be in the offer Letter they sent you... Top left I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone tell me which accommodation is the best???
Reply 1251
Oh okay, I applied for two courses at Nottingham, the masters undergraduate and the bsc, both are for the child branch. However Nottingham declined me for the Bsc for no reason, coz there was no explanation on my ucas track, but days later they decided to invite me for a selection day nurse training so I assume its for the masters undergraduate. I also applied for Surrey and they declined me. I haven't heard from kings at all. So I'm glad Birmingham accepted me otherwise it may have been more likely that I would enrol for feb intake which I'm not really keen on.

I see what you mean about Birmingham cannot guarantee your chosen branch, because they made that clear for me during the interview too. I just told them I want to get into the nursing course and if I get into the child branch then it will be a bonus. Tbh I think there is high chance of you getting into Adult because that's the least competitive and Adult make up majority of the places so I wouldn't worry about that. The only thing that worries me about Birmingham is the high entry requirements, I just hope I meet the conditional offer!

Yh! That's true. Don't worry am sure you will meet the requirements.
Reply 1252
Original post by clairemariex
Juliet - I'm also from Coventry and going to firm UoB for nursing, and planning to mvoeto Birmingham as it'll be easier to get to placements and stuff and get to know more new people :smile:

That will be nice. ...which accommodation did u prefer ?
Hi everyone! im planning on going to Birmingham next year for Chem Eng. Already made it my first choice. Also looking for Maple Bank for accomodation
Reply 1254
Original post by DrFeelbetter
Hi everyone! im planning on going to Birmingham next year for Chem Eng. Already made it my first choice. Also looking for Maple Bank for accomodation

I've firmed chemical engineering too! I've applied for Jarratt halls though :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1255
Original post by Steph-x
I've firmed chemical engineering too! I've applied for Jarratt halls though :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im also chem eng! Ive gone for Victoria halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1256
Original post by Gavan

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also ChemEng, gone for Mason catered! Yay found 3 other people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1257
Original post by Gavan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that's my second choice! I'm excited :-)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1258
Original post by githz
I'm also ChemEng, gone for Mason catered! Yay found 3 other people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've all gone for different accommodations but it's lovely to begin to know some of you ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Julieth
That will be nice. ...which accommodation did u prefer ?

My first choice accomodation is Pritchatts House but for a duplex room.
what about you?x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending