The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jfjf
Any Malaysian or Singaporean firming Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking between kings and edinburgh! What about you?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by itsmagic
Who else is going to the open day on the 16th? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :biggrin:
Original post by mazingtastica
Thinking between kings and edinburgh! What about you?

Yes just firmed King's yesterday . :smile:
Reply 4543
Can anyone give advice regarding accommodation, Been offered and have confirmed my place at Kings, need advice about the accommodation, which is the best one, will be after a room with en suite and share of kitchen.

also on the post offer open day, do we need to be there for 11am or can we get there a bit later?

thanks in advance
Reply 4544
I'm presuming they're waiting to see how many people will withdraw on their offers before they give more out. Could be waiting till may if that's the case :confused:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4545
Original post by itsmagic
Who else is going to the open day on the 16th? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :smile:
Reply 4546
Lets hope you're right :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4547
Please let us know what thy say if you happen to contact them :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
This situation is getting somewhat ridiculous. I have been waiting for 4 months now.

I'm not writing this in order to plea for sympathy but simply to vent my frustrations.

How can I move forward with my life when GKT has neither rejected or given me an offer.

This is like limbo but for medical school admissions.

Oh well back to work at Maccies then, my shift starts in 5...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4549
Original post by myflyisopen
This situation is getting somewhat ridiculous. I have been waiting for 4 months now.

I'm not writing this in order to plea for sympathy but simply to vent my frustrations.

How can I move forward with my life when GKT has neither rejected or given me an offer.

This is like limbo but for medical school admissions.

Oh well back to work at Maccies then, my shift starts in 5...

EXACTLY! I've decided if I don't hear anything by Friday I'll withdraw from kings so I can move on and firm my other choices. I need to get the ball rolling, don't like being at someone else's mercy.
Original post by 0612
EXACTLY! I've decided if I don't hear anything by Friday I'll withdraw from kings so I can move on and firm my other choices. I need to get the ball rolling, don't like being at someone else's mercy.

Yeah, I have a feeling that I will do the same.

Where have you got offers from?
Reply 4551
Original post by myflyisopen
Yeah, I have a feeling that I will do the same.

Where have you got offers from?

Birmingham and Notts but wanted Kings as 1st choice.
Original post by 0612
Birmingham and Notts but wanted Kings as 1st choice.

Well, you might still get an offer from GKT .... at the end of may.

But Notts is pretty great, I wish I had applied there.
Original post by KSSA
I asked this a few times at the offer holders open day and basically it seems like the old dean of medical education just didn't care and they messed up majorly a few times and they didn't listen to student feedback very much, but the new dean seems really keen on changing that and they actually explained a lot of ways they are improving the course and even the way the uni communicates with students because of student feedback

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey you know when you went to the offer holder open day, did it last from 11-3 or can you go any time between 11 and 3?
Reply 4554
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Hey you know when you went to the offer holder open day, did it last from 11-3 or can you go any time between 11 and 3?

I only arrived in time for the first talk which I think was at about 12:30? If you want to do a tour of Guy's campus and accommodation though I would recommend doing that before the first talk because the time they give you to go around the stations and ask questions isn't very long and the stations were the most helpful part. I think you can just wonder in whenever though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4555
I sent them a message a few days ago, they said their SITS has problems and it's holding up the process.

They have a JARGON BUSTER page wow and sits is some strategic information thingy so yeah

Let's just wait....
Reply 4556
Original post by mao127
I sent them a message a few days ago, they said their SITS has problems and it's holding up the process.

They have a JARGON BUSTER page wow and sits is some strategic information thingy so yeah

Let's just wait....

Did they mention how long it will take to get their act together?

I must have checked that horrid portal a million times already...can't bear the thought of logging in one more time...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4557
Original post by 0612
Did they mention how long it will take to get their act together?

I must have checked that horrid portal a million times already...can't bear the thought of logging in one more time...

I GOT IN just an hour ago! News came via track:smile: I guess they sorted out their systems!!
Reply 4558
Original post by mao127
I GOT IN just an hour ago! News came via track:smile: I guess they sorted out their systems!!

Are you sure mate? Did you get it on track and not the portal?
Reply 4559
Original post by 0612
Are you sure mate? Did you get it on track and not the portal?

Yeah, track-not the portal. But track's legit right!

Quick Reply

Latest