The Student Room Group

Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fleur_de_haine
Stunned to say I have an offer (score 2, 1, 1, 1, 3 ,1). Resisting the urge to chuck the job in and disappear to somewhere sunny for a while.

Brilliant! Well done. Now, you tell me - you've got basically the top 20% in everything there, what did you do so well in Notts that SGUL didn't see? It makes no sense.

Really well done!
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
Brilliant! Well done. Now, you tell me - you've got basically the top 20% in everything there, what did you do so well in Notts that SGUL didn't see? It makes no sense.

Really well done!

Thank you! I don't think I'll ever fathom how this whole process works, I feel exhausted by it.
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Thank you! I don't think I'll ever fathom how this whole process works, I feel exhausted by it.

I got the same average as you and also got rejected from SGUL. However my George's interview was a catastrophe!

Edit: Exact score for each section lol!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Biochemical Wizard
I got the same average as you and also got rejected from SGUL. However my George's interview was a catastrophe!

Edit: Exact score for each section lol!

Mine was rather awful too. They seemed so much less friendly than at Notts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
I can't handle this wait. I'm ireland based so my rejection won't arrive until Monday. :'(
Just firmed Nottingham, feels surreal that it has all come together!
Reply 246
Just got an email saying my ucas track was updated and JUST FIRMED MY OFFER FOR NOTTINGHAM! Well it was conditional, but that's just DBS background check, right?
Reply 247
Sorry for being off topic. Is anyone here on george's waiting list? Is there a separate thread for the list? I cannot seem to find one.
Hi everyone!

This post is for anyone who is going to be studying at the University of Nottingham in 2014...I need your help!
I will be studying on the Graduate Entry Medicine course at the University of Nottingham, which means that atleast for the first 18 months, I will be based in Derby.
Just a simple question I want to ask you guys...shall I look for accommodation in Nottingham OR Derby?
Which is better and why?
Would be super grateful for any suggestions
:smile:
Thanks!
Original post by DoctorDoctor1
Hi everyone!

This post is for anyone who is going to be studying at the University of Nottingham in 2014...I need your help!
I will be studying on the Graduate Entry Medicine course at the University of Nottingham, which means that atleast for the first 18 months, I will be based in Derby.
Just a simple question I want to ask you guys...shall I look for accommodation in Nottingham OR Derby?
Which is better and why?
Would be super grateful for any suggestions
:smile:
Thanks!

I'll be joining you :smile:

I think it makes more sense to live close to the medical school for the first 18 months, unless you want to inconvenience yourself with excess travel. If you live in Nottingham in order to be closer to that campus you could catch the red arrow bus to Derby, it's relatively quick however still an inconvenience.

I plan to live in Derby for the first year.
Reply 250
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to apply to Nottingham and am just about to book the GAMSAT. I was wondering if any of you sat the test in Birmingham and could tell me the location of test centre? I want to get a hotel booked and just want to make sure that it will be relatively close to the test centre!
Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by sjb93
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to apply to Nottingham and am just about to book the GAMSAT. I was wondering if any of you sat the test in Birmingham and could tell me the location of test centre? I want to get a hotel booked and just want to make sure that it will be relatively close to the test centre!

I can't speak specifically for the Birmingham Centre, but it has been in different places in London over the years so I suspect it may be subject to change yearly.
Reply 252
Original post by sjb93
Hi everyone,

It was at the NEC this year, but a few years ago I know it was held at a hotel in the city centre. Best check venue just in case? It's relatively easy to get to the NEC from the city centre though

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was at the NEC this year, I stayed at the Premier Inn which was literally 10 minutes away from it - cheap and had good breakfast. But don't book anything until they tell you the venue.
Reply 254
I'm a GEM currently on CP1 placement. I see some of ye are asking about living in Derby.I have to say I don't really like the city but I would absolutely advocate staying in Derby for the first 18 months. It's a hard enough course without adding on a long commute. You can always move to Nottingham once you start clinical placement.
Hello!

ROOM FOR RENT
I am a graduate entry nurse who is looking to rent my room for a couple of months to over a year (whatever is needed!)
Its a a large double room in a six bed house. Rent is bills included. There is a large kitchen and sitting room. We also have a garden and patio. There parking space too.
We have broadband and television(virgin media).

It is close to the hospital and to derby city centre.

I am looking at renting from the 1st of september. It is ideal if you want to rent a house for a few months before moving in with friends from your course. I am willing to discuss length of renting, short term leases are accepted if required!!

The other house mates are really lovely and will also be attending uni at the hospital. They are also genuinly lovely people and very welcoming!

If you are at all interested, private message me and i can provide photos/cost of rent/arrange a viewing date/answer questions etc!!

thankyou!
Original post by muppetmaster
I think everyone is guilty of reading past threads all over the place, don't worry :smile:

With that said, good luck to any 2015 Nottingham GEM hopefuls who are reading this in the future :P!

Mind reader!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending