The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is baggy!

I'm studying... AS Psychology

I'm interested in... how to effectively revise everything in the time before the exams next month
Original post by baggy
I'm studying... AS Psychology

I'm interested in... how to effectively revise everything in the time before the exams next month

Hi there baggy!
Welcome to TSR!!:biggrin:

I am sure you will enjoy it here!
Check out the Chat thread to get involved and meet more TSRians!

Check out here for A Level Psychology!

me too!! :five: I find that revising in small chunks helps me!!!
But check this thread out for more revision techniques!:smile:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

:tsr:
Reply 2
If you are doing a format similar to mine, for OCR psychology: You have two exams, core studies and investigations. What could work for the core studies exam is...make a list of all the studies you need to know (i have 15) and produce a checklist. Slowly work through the studies ensuring you learn the key details about the study e.g aim, method, procedure, controls, all the key information and then also evaluate it, e.g evaluate the validity, reliability, usefulness. Try and do this for every study and start to do practice questions on the study so you are sure you know the details. You also need to learn about the approaches for section C (if you do OCR i'm not sure about other exam boards). The easiest way to do this is to revise your studies systematically so that once you have finished a set of studies for one approach, revise that approach and it shouldn't be too challenging. Once you have done this start to complete whole past papers and mark them in order to target your weaknesses.

As for the investigations paper: it's just about learning your key concepts and practising examples. Just learn the content from your revision guide/ textbook or there is a very useful website called holah.com that could help. Do whatever revision technique you like and learn the concepts. Once you have done this, apply this to an example in a past paper question. The questions vary more on the investigations paper so you need to make sure you are comfortable with them.

Hope that helps and if you arent doing OCR psychology perhaps this could apply to your exam board too :smile:
Reply 3
anyone taking edexcel psychology?
Reply 4
I am doing the same as you Zara, OCR in the same format, thanks for the tips. I've been using holah and the textbook to make notes about the 15 studies. I'll take your advice and practice some specific exam q's soon. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest