The Student Room Group

IDEAS ON HOW TO REVISE TRIPLE GCSE SCIENCES (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)

Share away as I too need some inspiration! :smile:
Which exam board do you use? I did Triple Science in year 9/10 - so I may be some help if use Edexcel.

Kind regards,
Ben
Reply 2
I am doing AQA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing AQA triple science as well, and last year in year 10 I completed Chemistry and got a good grade, so I could help you :smile:

Buy a revision guide, they're lifesavers. CGP are good.

Take a section out of each subject (eg evolution and natural selection) and study it. Make flashcards, rewrite notes, tell your cat about what you learnt afterwards, whatever (just reading it alone works for me). Once you feel comfortable with it, STUDY MARK SCHEMES, its unlikely that you'll get an A/A* otherwise.Look at the mark schemes on the AQA website. However, particularly in biology, there are certain answers which are correct but which are unacceptable, so look out for them.

Yes, its boring, but it worked for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As bad as it sounds, learn the textbooks and mark schemes for your exam board. Just memorise them. Seriously. Do extra reading if you can but essentially, learn how they want questions to be answered. I memorised my chemistry textbook a week before the exams and got 100% on one exam and 98% on the other after doing nothing for the whole two years, which is kind of unfair but that's how the world works. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by blackdiamond97
I'm doing AQA triple science as well, and last year in year 10 I completed Chemistry and got a good grade, so I could help you :smile:

Buy a revision guide, they're lifesavers. CGP are good.

Take a section out of each subject (eg evolution and natural selection) and study it. Make flashcards, rewrite notes, tell your cat about what you learnt afterwards, whatever (just reading it alone works for me). Once you feel comfortable with it, STUDY MARK SCHEMES, its unlikely that you'll get an A/A* otherwise.Look at the mark schemes on the AQA website. However, particularly in biology, there are certain answers which are correct but which are unacceptable, so look out for them.

Yes, its boring, but it worked for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you say study the mark schemes? do you mean go through all of them or what?
Original post by Bobjim12
When you say study the mark schemes? do you mean go through all of them or what?

Yep, just like how you'd revise a textbook. It's easier to choose a subsection and revise that bit. For example, take keeping healthy (B1). Look at all the B1 papers and just do the questions based on that. You'll see that they tend to always require certain keywords. Do the same thing for all the subsections in P1, P2, P3, B1 etc. Its also a good way to see your weak and strong points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I did triple AQA back in 2011, and ended up with 3 A*'s. I just revised the key points that are usually at the bottom of each double page spread.
And focus on P/B/C 1 and 2 if you're really struggling. P/B/C 3 doesn't actually make that much difference to your overall grade: I achieved a*/a/d for P1/2/3 and ended up with overall A*. Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I am doing B2 and B3 and then two days laters C2 and C3, should I be worried?
Reply 9
Original post by revisioner
I am doing B2 and B3 and then two days laters C2 and C3, should I be worried?

Focus on B2 and C2, if you're confident on those, you should be fine. Like I said, the B3/C3 doesn't carry that much weight so even if you don't do that well, you should be fine if you focus on the 1 and 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Which exam board do you use? I did Triple Science in year 9/10 - so I may be some help if use Edexcel.

Kind regards,
Ben

I do edexcel, gimme ideas?
Reply 11
you guys taking this so seriously, it's only GCSE when i was revising for my triple science, i started revising 2 weeks before, just chill no one gives a **** loool
Reply 12
im doing triple science, my school gave us AQA revision guides and workbooks for science, additional science & further additional science for £6 which was cool.

mygcsescience = gift from god!!! :biggrin:

i revise 4 topics everyday, get through entire units in 3 days :smile:)

all this hardwork better pay off -.-
Reply 13
I'm doing AQA triple science as well and so far I've only been writing notes on the topics but I've heard looking at mark schemes helps immensely. I think Unit 2 of each will be most hardest tbh :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by CBftw
im doing triple science, my school gave us AQA revision guides and workbooks for science, additional science & further additional science for £6 which was cool.

mygcsescience = gift from god!!! :biggrin:

i revise 4 topics everyday, get through entire units in 3 days :smile:)

all this hardwork better pay off -.-

Just discovered that website because of you, THANK YOU SO MUCH ITS BRILLIANT
Original post by revisioner
Share away as I too need some inspiration! :smile:

Use mygcsescience, really good :yep:
Original post by Angelo12231
I do edexcel, gimme ideas?

Use the P3 / C3 / B3 Past papers that are on the edexcel website, they're the ones I sat last June. (I think they're the only past papers available)

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx
Reply 17
Original post by ItsIzzy
Just discovered that website because of you, THANK YOU SO MUCH ITS BRILLIANT

glad to help! :smile:
Original post by Sacred Ground
Use the P3 / C3 / B3 Past papers that are on the edexcel website, they're the ones I sat last June. (I think they're the only past papers available)

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

thanks, but you got any edexcel based triple science videos? i will accept additional science vids to but they have to be edexcel specification based

Quick Reply

Latest