The Student Room Group

Does this French sentence make sense?

I'm trying to say 'my family and me are going to watch it next week'

My famille et moi nous allons verrons semaine prochaine.

Please correct it, I know that the whole sentence in probably wrong. Also, do you have any French future phrases that can help me achieve at least a B (I'm hoping of an A), likewise with idioms.
Thanks.
Reply 1
The correct way to say it would be 'Ma famille et moi allons le voir la semaine prochaine' or 'ma famille et moi le verrons la semaine prochaine'
Can't help with idioms as long as I don't know what kind you'll need.
Reply 2
Ma famille et moi allons le voir la semaine prochaine.

You mixed the near future (aller + infintive) with the future (infinitive + endings)

In terms of getting an A, make sure to use plenty of opinions with 'je pense/crois que' and phrases like 'ca m'interesse' (excuse lack of accents). Also whenever you use a noun, try to use an adjective (same goes for verbs and adverbs).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Wouldn't it be slightly better to start with 'La semaine prochaine...'? Orrr it might make no difference whatsoever.
Reply 4
Original post by Meduleysi
The correct way to say it would be 'Ma famille et moi allons le voir la semaine prochaine' or 'ma famille et moi le verrons la semaine prochaine'
Can't help with idioms as long as I don't know what kind you'll need.

Well, its on Media, mostly fave TV shows, or music preference and films and movies.
Reply 5
Original post by EastGuava
Wouldn't it be slightly better to start with 'La semaine prochaine...'? Orrr it might make no difference whatsoever.

Lool, ol, you sound confused as I feel...and I fear even God doesn't know
Reply 6
You can use both sentences! :smile:
Reply 7
I'm doing Edexcel French and I've been getting A*/A's. My parent are native french and I go to one of the best a English schools.

'Moi et ma famille allons le voir la semaine prochaine.'

In terms of getting A* or A, you'll have to write with fluency and concision. When I mean fluency, I mean with flow, like you write/speak in english (I hope). Not jumping from topic to topic. For example, 'I went to France and it was the best time of my life. The hotel was amazing and the flight was very comfortable. French people there were really nice to me, correcting my bad french. I saw the Eiffel Tower and took loads of pictures. The hotel was expensive, but it was worth it. The food at Paris was lovely. The best time of my life !

Concision and Fluency.

Avec ma famille, nous avons prévu allons au bord de la mer mais nous ne savons pas quelle déstination encore choisir. Pour moi, je préfèrerais Espagne étant donné qu'il y a beaucoup ensoleillé. La décision reviant à mes parent,et je croisse les doigts pour que l'on n'aille pas encore en Ecosse.

dont be afraid to use simple french words, like suis allé. Fluency and concision is key. Examiners aren't going to expect you to write like a PHD French candidate.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest