The Student Room Group

Tests in gcse chemistry aqa

Hi all, I am in year 11 and need to know what tests there are to know about . I know that there is the flame test, and there is the halide test, and the test for carbonates, and the test for hydroxides, and the test for metal ions which is adding the barium chloride solution. Is there are another tests which I should know about?????
Reply 1
Original post by Billsonbubbles
Hi all, I am in year 11 and need to know what tests there are to know about . I know that there is the flame test, and there is the halide test, and the test for carbonates, and the test for hydroxides, and the test for metal ions which is adding the barium chloride solution. Is there are another tests which I should know about?????

Nitrate and sulfate, unsaturated hydrocarbons, the common gas tests with a lighted splint, I think that's about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

This link may come in useful... ion analysis
Original post by charco
This link may come in useful... ion analysis

Hello what does it mean by KI? Also I have only learnt the ones that I know so I don't know about the unsaturated hydrocarbons etc Thanks for the link though
Hello what does it mean by KI? Also I have only learnt the ones that I know so I don't know about the unsaturated hydrocarbons etc Thanks for the link though

KI? potassium iodide solution
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by charco
KI? potassium iodide solution

What about PPT??? sorry for the constant questioning.
What about PPT??? sorry for the constant questioning.

precipitate...

no worries :smile:

the test for metal ions is the flame test
adding barium chloride is the test for sulphates

but ya those are all the tests you need to know

Quick Reply

Latest