The Student Room Group

geography tomorrow

and i still can't remember the case studies..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Christina Tiana

What exam board are you on?
I can't remember anything....
I have memorised them all :biggrin: started ages ago and just did one a day :biggrin:
Reply 4
Don't forget if you required facts they never have to be 100% accurate, just throw in 'approximately' and as long as it's within reason you should be ok...
And for those of you doing it, remember to spell 'Eyjafjallajokull' correctly.
Original post by AlphaNick
I, however, have memorised 15 case studies simply because I planned ahead

So did you learn them all by inserting your head into your own anus? Certainly seems that way.
Reply 6
Isn't it the sustainable decision making exam tomorrow?

Why have you memorised 15? Did your teacher not tell you which one you need.
Reply 8
I have Biology as well >_<
Aqa A- physical paper tomorrow(hoping for an A), I should have revised a lot more.
Not very confident tbh, good luck to all.
If you are doing tsunami's this should be enough for that case study:

Boxing Day Tsunami 2004
250,000 dead
2,000,000 homeless
At highest, wave was 15m high
Affected Indonesia first then Thailand and eventually India etc.

Volcanoes: http://mrrudgegeography.weebly.com/montserrat-a-case-study-of-a-volcanic-eruption.html

Earthquake: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/natural_hazards/earthquakes_rev5.shtml

Flooding: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/geography/water_rivers/river_flooding_management_rev6.shtml

I hope that helps. :smile:

Just get to work now and try to answer some case study questions to ingrain it before tomorrow. Don't try and memorise it.
Reply 11
Are you doing igcse geog?:smile:
For the Key Themes OCR B exam you need to memorise 15.

Oh, ok. I understand now. How common is OCR? I don't know anyone who is doing it. Good luck anyway
Reply 13
Does anyone know what sort of areas within the topics they'll focus on? For aqa
For the Key Themes OCR B exam you need to memorise 15.

How have you prepared for the SDME tomorrow, if you don't mind me asking?

Of course Nick has memorised them, he's a genius. Sarcasm intended. Twit.
Doing AQA B tomorrow. Still confused on how to gain maximum marks in the 8/6 mark questions :confused:
I typed up some notes today on all of the natural hazards, here they are - they're quite basic but this exam isn't hugely demanding:

Spoiler

Nick, what exam board and spec are you actually doing?
Original post by Christina Tiana

me neither :frown:, i wish i could re-wind back time and straighten out my revision materials so now these past days i would have only needed to go through them without much hassle. :frown: guess i will not be sleeping tonight; besides i stayed up so late yesterday by lunch i could barely stay awake :s-smilie: guess i will need to make a note to buy red bull before going to school xD :awesome:
Original post by Kitty-meaw
me neither :frown:, i wish i could re-wind back time and straighten out my revision materials so now these past days i would have only needed to go through them without much hassle. :frown: guess i will not be sleeping tonight; besides i stayed up so late yesterday by lunch i could barely stay awake :s-smilie: guess i will need to make a note to buy red bull before going to school xD :awesome:

Sleep is more important than revision! Even if you don't get through everything, not sleeping will make you forget most of it by the exam and you won't be thinking properly. At least get a few hours :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest