De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort 2014/15 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by matmad94
No problem! ^_^ What size halls did you choose to stay in?

5 people flat, I'm pretty big on the whole extrovert-being-around-others-makes-me-happy thing heheh c:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 61
How long is everyone else's contract as mine is for 48 weeks is this right? :/
Reply 62
Original post by Debeis

I think mine is 48 weeks :smile: I think the 48 week one is when you go home for holidays which I will be! so as long as you'll be like going back home for things like easter I'm sure that's right for you
but don't take my word for it explicitly because I'm a dork and don't wanna mislead you. can anyone else confirm? c:
Original post by Debeis

Yes 48 and 52 week contracts are the norm :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by littlefawn
Yes 48 and 52 week contracts are the norm :smile:

It just seems really long compared to other accomodation and my payments don't seem to add up :/ I think I need to ring them and sort it out...
Original post by Debeis
It just seems really long compared to other accomodation and my payments don't seem to add up :/ I think I need to ring them and sort it out...

Does it? It's around the same as others I've seen. The tenancy period does depend on a variety of things, including when the tenancy starts.. Hmm. Hope you get it sorted out to something you're more comfortable with ^~^
Does it? It's around the same as others I've seen. The tenancy period does depend on a variety of things, including when the tenancy starts.. Hmm. Hope you get it sorted out to something you're more comfortable with ^~^

Bede Hall is 39 weeks I swear? and i remember something else was 42 weeks. 49 weeks sounds like too long.
Reply 67
Original post by alan.cieslar
Bede Hall is 39 weeks I swear? and i remember something else was 42 weeks. 49 weeks sounds like too long.

Hmm I'm not sure at Code accommodation 48 is the lowest you can pick. 39 sounds way too short
Original post by alan.cieslar

Sorry :smile: I didn't look too much at the halls at DMU, mostly CODE and accommodations at the other unis I applied to. There are 40 and 42 weeks as well of course. 48 weeks is 12 months I believe, so the convenience of that period depends on when the tenancy period starts.
Reply 69
Sorry :smile: I didn't look too much at the halls at DMU, mostly CODE and accommodations at the other unis I applied to. There are 40 and 42 weeks as well of course. 48 weeks is 12 months I believe, so the convenience of that period depends on when the tenancy period starts.

I booked a room at liberty park and just rechecked my thing and it's actually 42 weeks, not 48... sorry original asker! I think that's the norm for most uni managed accommodations but I'm not sure about CODE and other independent ones!
Original post by j0dds11
I booked a room at liberty park and just rechecked my thing and it's actually 42 weeks, not 48... sorry original asker! I think that's the norm for most uni managed accommodations but I'm not sure about CODE and other independent ones!

Yeah! I've noticed it depends on the university's term dates and everything, I guess DMU hangs around 39 - 42 weeks. I was looking at another university's halls and their tenancy's are 45 weeks - 48 weeks and my boyfriend's uni has 48 - 52 weeks tenancies.

@Debeis I guess in this situation that is quite unusual since it doesn't match up the other halls. Hope you get it sorted! n-n
I'm going to be studying biomedical science at DMU and I chose to go privately with liberty park since I wanted a mix sex halls ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Biomed too :biggrin: chose liberty park as well
Reply 72
I'm going to be studying biomedical science at DMU and I chose to go privately with liberty park since I wanted a mix sex halls ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I chose Liberty Park too! What are you studying?
Does anyone know what size the flats are at Liberty Hall with how many people are in one?
Reply 74
Original post by cookiemonster199
Does anyone know what size the flats are at Liberty Hall with how many people are in one?

when I booked with liberty it ranged from 1 person studios to 6 person flats :smile:
Reply 75
I applied to Liberty but i dont know how many people are going to be in the same flat as me? Does anyone know how to find out? :smile:
Original post by cookiemonster199
I'm doing Biomed too :biggrin: chose liberty park as well

Yay I'm glad there's others in my halls who are doing my subject, see you in sept! :-)
Original post by hemmie
Hey! I chose Liberty Park too! What are you studying?

I'm doing biomedical science. Also if you want to find out how many people are you in your flat you can call Liberty and they'll tell you (I did this earlier today). ^_^
Reply 78
I'm doing biomedical science. Also if you want to find out how many people are you in your flat you can call Liberty and they'll tell you (I did this earlier today). ^_^

Ooh that sounds great! and yes finally, il give them a call later on during the day :biggrin: Did you apply through DMU or privately? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Yay I'm glad there's others in my halls who are doing my subject, see you in sept! :-)

Finally! I'm so nervous though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending