The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science B1,2&3 (13/5/14)

How are you feeling about the exam?

I'm feeling pretty good about it! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there any mark scheme for this paper as I just did the exam and I feel pretty good
Reply 2
Did you lot do higher
Reply 3
I felt nervous, but then the paper was not that bad . What did you guys get for the carbon cycle?
And the Last question about the fox and the rabbit :biggrin:
Reply 4
I did this exam today too. It was ok. I struggled on the Petri dish question, heart disease and the first question about cell sampling. How did you find it?
Reply 5
I think I put AED for the labelling, no idea what Detritivores were, and carbon is lost by respiration and excretion so the fox doesn't get all the rabbit's carbon.
Reply 6
What did you guess to be the amount of extinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zebra249
What did you guess to be the amount of extinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Initially 7000 but I thought they'd probably put the answer as a range so I put 6000
Original post by g.l.a.4559
i felt really really nervous about it last night but it didn't go as bad as i thought it would:smile: i thought the 6 markers weren't too bad. what did you think of it?

It wen't really well! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by lyricalvibe
Initially 7000 but I thought they'd probably put the answer as a range so I put 6000
<br>ah i put like 40,000....... i followed the line up......<br>For the "why does the fitness instructor think the resting heart rate does not show who is fittest..." what did you guys put?<br>
<br>
Original post by krishanj
<br>ah i put like 40,000....... i followed the line up......<br>For the "why does the fitness instructor think the resting heart rate does not show who is fittest..." what did you guys put?<br>
<br>

It never said other factors were controlled so I said maybe they weren't all at rest but that question was be, it could have been to age aswell but I thought the question was more of an idea's about science question. I did a little arrow for the examiner saying the question wad vague because it annoyed Me :P what did you put?
Reply 11
Original post by krishanj
ah i put like 40,000....... i followed the line up......For the "why does the fitness instructor think the resting heart rate does not show who is fittest..." what did you guys put?

I put 40,000 too. I put something about their ages but it was vague
Original post by lyricalvibe
It never said other factors were controlled so I said maybe they weren't all at rest but that question was be, it could have been to age aswell but I thought the question was more of an idea's about science question. I did a little arrow for the examiner saying the question wad vague because it annoyed Me :P what did you put?

I just put they could have different heart rates, and it could be affected by other things like drugs etc...although for alternatives i put he could look at blood pressure and see how long it takes for them to return to rest rate.
Original post by lappy486
I think I put AED for the labelling, no idea what Detritivores were, and carbon is lost by respiration and excretion so the fox doesn't get all the rabbit's carbon.

Detritivores were the decomposers in the carbon cycle :smile: Pretty sneaky though since i'm sure it wasn't in the revision guide :confused:
Overall, I found it quite an easy paper... Fairly confident for the chemistry one on 15/05/14 now. The questions which really confused me was

1) continue the line to show number of extinctions

2) bacteria 6 mark question

I found it quite disappointing that only genetic testing came up in the B1 section, and nothing to do with the immune system in B2 :frown:

What did you get in the Punnett square question? There was quite a lot of maths questions.

What do you think will come up in chemistry on Thursday?
Original post by samaugust323
What did you get in the Punnett square question? There was quite a lot of maths questions.

I got 25%
There did seem to be quite a lot of confusion in my school about whether it was 25% or 75%
Original post by samaugust323
There did seem to be quite a lot of confusion in my school about whether it was 25% or 75%

It was definitely 25% because they were both carriers e.g both Ff so only on of the squares was ff (sufferer) :P what did you get?
Spent ages learning homeostasis and it didn't even come up :mad:
Reply 19
Original post by Magnesium
Detritivores were the decomposers in the carbon cycle :smile: Pretty sneaky though since i'm sure it wasn't in the revision guide :confused:
In the CGP Revision guides it's not even on the page for the Carbon Cycle, it's listed under the section for the Nitrogen Cycle instead, and even then Detritivores is only mentioned in brackets.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending