The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE English Literature Wednesday

Which texts are you doing? Are you ready? I'm not; still got lots of revision to do especially for short stories.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. Stories of ourselves - A bunch of short stories from there
2. Songs of ourselves- A bunch of poems from there
3. Importance of being Earnest
4. Dr. jekyll and Mr Hyde

what about you?
You have to do short stories?

I'm doing...
Poems: songs of ourselves
Prose: silas marner
Play: all my sons

you?
I'm doing:
-Julius Caesar
-Stories of Ourselves
-Songs of Ourselves

Quite prepared for poetry, but scared for the Drama (Julius Caesar) :frown:

Anyone else doing any of these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am doing stories of ourselves, thomas hardy and all my sons... :frown: they are very boring to me, especially all my sons... i tried to revise, but i will feel asleep every time
i am doing all my sons, stories of ourselves, and thomas hardy :-( not ready at all...
Reply 6
I'm doing I'm the King of the Castle, All My Sons and Songs of Ourselves.

To be honest, this will be the exam I will do worst on... I'm not prepared at all. Need to reread the books..

Can you guys finish in time? I find it impossible to finish all three questions :frown: Time runs out when I start the third question lol
I haven't even read one of my set texts all the way through once! I've only read summaries of it online... not a great way to revise... But seriously, Silas Marner is soooo boring. And it's not like I'll have enough time to read it considering I have exams all morning and afternoon (apart from on Friday) next week...
Original post by TomWeller
I'm doing:
-Julius Caesar
-Stories of Ourselves
-Songs of Ourselves

Quite prepared for poetry, but scared for the Drama (Julius Caesar) :frown:

Anyone else doing any of these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the exact same. :smile: I'm more prepared for the play and poems than the stories.
Reply 9
Original post by strawberrysnow
I haven't even read one of my set texts all the way through once! I've only read summaries of it online... not a great way to revise... But seriously, Silas Marner is soooo boring. And it's not like I'll have enough time to read it considering I have exams all morning and afternoon (apart from on Friday) next week...

I hate Silas Marner, I don't know how i'll manage tbh
I'm doing the tempest and songs of ourselves. DREADING IT.
Omg just finished the exam. It went so badly!!!!!! How did you guys think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg just finished the exam. It went so badly!!!!!! How did you guys think it went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it went quite well, actually.
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe I got very bad mark for poetry but I am very satisfied and relieved as I finished in time (I had never finished my practice exams in time) and I will never ever have to do literature exam again except unseen paper next week.

Which poetry question did you do?
Original post by C0balt
I believe I got very bad mark for poetry but I am very satisfied and relieved as I finished in time (I had never finished my practice exams in time) and I will never ever have to do literature exam again except unseen paper next week.

Which poetry question did you do?

I did the one about pied beauty and a birthday. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I did the one about pied beauty and a birthday. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my drama and narrative story questions first (poetry was meant to be second) and I spent too long on these so I didn't really have the time to do comparison question (I believe the pied beauty and birthday was comparison question?)...so I rushed the City Planner context question...

I would've done better if I had done pied beauty/birthday question.. but I couldn't really afford to spend time flipping through the Anthology so I had to give up :frown:
I thought that it went terribly, although when I read back through at the end my essays were actually quite decent, especially the poetry one. I did the question on Horses for poetry, the writing in role question for the Tempest and the extract question in I'm The king Of The Castle. I don't think they could have picked a worse passage for the ITKOTC one!
Reply 16
Original post by midgemeister7
I thought that it went terribly, although when I read back through at the end my essays were actually quite decent, especially the poetry one. I did the question on Horses for poetry, the writing in role question for the Tempest and the extract question in I'm The king Of The Castle. I don't think they could have picked a worse passage for the ITKOTC one!

I also did the passage question from the ItKotC but I found it quite nice o.o
Original post by C0balt
I also did the passage question from the ItKotC but I found it quite nice o.o

I just found that there wasn't too much language to actually do in-depth analysis on... what sort of things did you talk about?
Reply 18
Original post by midgemeister7
I just found that there wasn't too much language to actually do in-depth analysis on... what sort of things did you talk about?

I did the extract in the Importance of being Earnest, The short story comparisson between "Her First Ball" and "At Hiruharama" and the "City Planners" for the poems. It didn't go very well. Anyone did The Importance of being Earnest?
i did silas, hardy, and tempest and all my essays were the same title

my silas one had no analysis and none had proper conclusions

Quick Reply

Latest