The Student Room Group

History exam tommorow im nervousss

how to cal m nerves

Scroll to see replies

I'm dying here... I've got to recap A New World and haven't done half of Germany.

Gotta pull off a miracle... God help me...
Reply 2
anyone doing medicine through time?
Original post by mickel_w
anyone doing medicine through time?

I'm doing it tomorrow. Just got to learn Roman to c.1350 Medicine and Public Health so I can try and get 14-16 marks on 5b :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by FightingMoleSEO
I'm doing it tomorrow. Just got to learn Roman to c.1350 Medicine and Public Health so I can try and get 14-16 marks on 5b :smile:

what exam board?

I do AQA, don't think we have a 16 marker.

I need to go over everything in history, and learn all of the PE syllabus for tomorrow :colondollar:
Reply 5
Anyone doing edexcel history a international relations section 1,2,3?
Original post by mickel_w
what exam board?

I do AQA, don't think we have a 16 marker.

I need to go over everything in history, and learn all of the PE syllabus for tomorrow :colondollar:

What topics are you doing? I'm doing AQA too

Posted from TSR Mobile
OCR History?
Original post by Atsushi

I am, but 2,3,4 instead :smile:
whos doing aqa history b
I'm doing Edexcel B - Medicine through Time, I'm really nervous, I know everything generally I just need to try and get a few more little details to help me expand on stuff.
Reply 11
Original post by midgemeister7
I am, but 2,3,4 instead :smile:

Do you think I could get an A by memorising the CGP guide?
I personally haven't seen it - I have this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexcel-History-Making-Revision/dp/1446905128/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400167047&sr=8-1&keywords=edexcel+history+gcse (pretty bad, C/B Grade) and this:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Modern-World-History-Revision/dp/0340992212/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400167057&sr=8-3&keywords=edexcel+history+gcse ( Very good, A/A*). Ideally you would want to have prior subject knowledge too - it's a tad late to just memorise a revison guide! You also need to know what to do for each question.
Reply 13
I personally haven't seen it - I have this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexcel-History-Making-Revision/dp/1446905128/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400167047&sr=8-1&keywords=edexcel+history+gcse (pretty bad, C/B Grade) and this:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Modern-World-History-Revision/dp/0340992212/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400167057&sr=8-3&keywords=edexcel+history+gcse ( Very good, A/A*). Ideally you would want to have prior subject knowledge too - it's a tad late to just memorise a revison guide! You also need to know what to do for each question.

I have the prior knowledge and know how to answer questions but my only problem is remembering it so wouldn't memorising the revision guide do.
Original post by Atsushi
I have the prior knowledge and know how to answer questions but my only problem is remembering it so wouldn't memorising the revision guide do.

Yes it would help, as long as you already have decent knowledge which as you said you do. I'm still a little sketchy on dates, going over those now - eg didn't now what month in 1938 Anschluss was, year of comecon etc. That's quite easy stuff to correct
Reply 15
Original post by Atsushi

Na doing sections 3,4,5
Original post by Atsushi

Oh god, exactly the same for me.
I'm doing Edexcel History A. I am choosing sections 1, 2, 4. For me those are the easiest. Don't know many people doing section 5 or 6?
Original post by palmerme1
I'm doing Edexcel History A. I am choosing sections 1, 2, 4. For me those are the easiest. Don't know many people doing section 5 or 6?

You had a choice?? We are just taught the three sections 2,3,4. I guess nothing would stop me changing them in the exam but that would be pretty pointless tbh
You had a choice?? We are just taught the three sections 2,3,4. I guess nothing would stop me changing them in the exam but that would be pretty pointless tbh

Ye, I was taught all of them. 1 is by far the easiest.

Quick Reply

Latest