The Student Room Group

Exam Anxiety has ruined my A levels

As I am writing this tomorrow I have an English Literature and History paper tomorrow. I hate sitting exams so much and I have very bad experiences with them in my mocks. The dread and anxiety from a levels has destroyed my mental health and taken over things I used to love doing.
I received offers from great universities and it is very painful accepting that I will never get to go to them. I most likely won’t get the grades because of how much I panic in exams, it feels like I have ruined my chances of a future.
Original post by LocalGoth
As I am writing this tomorrow I have an English Literature and History paper tomorrow. I hate sitting exams so much and I have very bad experiences with them in my mocks. The dread and anxiety from a levels has destroyed my mental health and taken over things I used to love doing.
I received offers from great universities and it is very painful accepting that I will never get to go to them. I most likely won’t get the grades because of how much I panic in exams, it feels like I have ruined my chances of a future.

Hey there,

I used to suffer with anxiety when sitting exams. You’ll find many others do too.

It’s the unknown and then wondering if you’ve revised enough to answer the questions. Try and not think too far into the future and take one day at a time :hugs:

You may find the exam guide from anxiety UK helpful. You can download it here

Wishing you lots and lots of luck for your exams.

PU
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2

Hey honestly I feel like I am in the same position and I wrote all my exams for my mocks sleep deprived. I understand its hard to take breaks while revising because you feel like you shouldnt. However, in the long term just try remember that going on walks and taking breaks will help reduce the exam anxiety. Try not to do too much revision the day before and try to take care of yourself.

Good luck for you exam tommorow.
I hope it goes well!!
Reply 3
Things have gotten a lot worse it’s too much panicking I don’t know if I can do it now. I’ve ruined everything and I can only blame myself. I just want it to stop
Reply 4
Things have gotten a lot worse it’s too much panicking I don’t know if I can do it now. I’ve ruined everything and I can only blame myself. I just want it to stop

lil bro the exam hasnt even happened yet and you're stressing, you cannot be negative about it so that it makes you feel better like accepting that ur messed up for the future so rn theres no point to do anything

get off this website and get off any sort of forum discussion website since all they do is make u feel even more stressed out

go revise, watch a video on some topics, do some flashcards, and end the day with some questions or whatever you needa do

your exam is tmw and today youre on thestudentroom talking about how youve messed up ur future. sure, if you said this after you took your exams i could be like aight fairs but you aint even sat them yet bro u gotta lock in and be positive rn

everyone gets the shakes during exam szn and some more than others but nobody can afford to be this negative before even sitting the exam. think about the relaxation after the exam is what i do and just WORK like bro jus block out the noise and get sh done its possible
Reply 5
Didn't politics go well yesterday?

Hi there :smile:

I'm so sorry to hear that your exams are getting you down. Feeling anxious towards them is a totally normal response, and I'm sure many of those around you will be feeling the same way. Try to take each exam as it comes and prepare as much as you feel you can, and remember that your A-Levels and their results do not define you or your future.

We have some advice on how to tackle exam stress over on Student Space (and plenty of other resources) if you would like to take a look: https://studentspace.org.uk/wellbeing/exam-stress

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck!
- Dan
Reply 7
You can study the degree you want with the open university
Reply 8
Quick update because I did make it through the first three exams I sat even if they were awful I have three more to go now. Thank you to the people who replied, I was taking things a bit too far in my head again.
Still anxious but f it we ball

Quick Reply

Latest