The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1/C2 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fajita.and.friends
Does anyone know the rules for marks awarded if you have completely the correct method, but accidentally just get a wrong number? I keep making stupid mistakes on past papers like copying down the wrong number from the question and I feel like I should get at least some marks :tongue:

I spoke to my teacher about this, and apparently, all method marks can be obtained, regardless of whether the right answer is reached. So, if you were finding the equation of a tangent to a curve, you would get a method mark for attempting to find the gradient etc, even if your numbers were wrong.

In short, I think you get method marks for 'attempting' to use a method, and then more marks if you follow through correctly.
Reply 21
Posted from TSR Mobile

Just go through practice papers and if theres certain topics you're having trouble with use your textbook and focus on the harder type questions in the mixed exercise
Reply 22
Which C1/C2 past papers do you think are the hardest?
Reply 23
Original post by DrDre.97
Which C1/C2 past papers do you think are the hardest?

Probably Solomon papers, not so much C1 but certain ones in C2
[QUOTE="games211;47617444"]
Original post by alittlefallofrai

how did you get 90 in c1 :frown:

c1 is easier than c2 I think XD
I'm finding c2 so hard:frown: I'm alright with c1 though. I hope this years papers will be easy as we didn't have January exams? What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by lovekitty123
I'm finding c2 so hard:frown: I'm alright with c1 though. I hope this years papers will be easy as we didn't have January exams? What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We were told that they are getting harder because too many people get a's :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Just gonna clarify that the international spec is exactly the same, only difference is that they offer exams in january and that they club C12 and C34 together.

Questions have been getting a lot trickier in recent years so I'm honestly not expecting a very easy paper... Just avoid silly mistakes in C1 and you'll be fine
Original post by Navo D.
Just gonna clarify that the international spec is exactly the same, only difference is that they offer exams in january and that they club C12 and C34 together.

Questions have been getting a lot trickier in recent years so I'm honestly not expecting a very easy paper... Just avoid silly mistakes in C1 and you'll be fine

what grade you aiming for?
Ughhhhhh I'm aiming for a C/D. I'm hopeless at maths -.-.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellobitch
Ughhhhhh I'm aiming for a C/D. I'm hopeless at maths -.-.

Posted from TSR Mobile

same wat u doing at the moment for revsiion
Original post by games211
same wat u doing at the moment for revsiion

Just doing a loads of past papers and got some revision books from the library. I think YouTube videos help too. I'd cry if I got a C from happiness though I doubt I'll get it D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by EXTREMEninja
WOOO C1 AND C2. Unless they sneak in any evil questions, I have a feeling this is going to be rather easy.

I agree with this
Original post by Dylann
I agree with this

your good at everything lol...english maths etc lool

what are you revising for c1 or c2 atm?
Reply 34
your good at everything lol...english maths etc lool

what are you revising for c1 or c2 atm?

No way, I suck at English lol! I'm dropping it.

I am finishing off Economics today, I will be doing c1/c2 later. C1 series and sequences and surds. C2 increasing and decreasing functions, area under a curve using histograms trapeziums, trigonometry practise.

You?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Dylann

I am finishing off Economics today, I will be doing c1/c2 later. C1 series and sequences and surds. C2 increasing and decreasing functions, area under a curve using histograms, trigonometry practise.

You?

Woah woah what's area under curve using histograms :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann

I am finishing off Economics today, I will be doing c1/c2 later. C1 series and sequences and surds. C2 increasing and decreasing functions, area under a curve using histograms, trigonometry practise.

You?

I failed english :frown: sooo baddddd

What you hoping for in maths?
Reply 37
Original post by rubitude
Woah woah what's area under curve using histograms :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha whoops I meant trapeziums! sorry about that lol
Reply 38
I failed english :frown: sooo baddddd

What you hoping for in maths?