The Student Room Group

**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F582 21st MAY 2014 THREAD************

Scroll to see replies

Can someone please tell me the difference between net exports and current account?
I've literally had all my exams last week so I've only had today to learn everything for the exam tomorrow and I think I've covered the basics, but does anyone have any revision resources they could send me because I'm worried I haven't gone over everything!!!
Original post by tomixox
Yeah it is verrrrrrrrrry wrong haha!

I am pretty sure he is right. a budget deficit arises when government spending exceeds tax revenue!.
Original post by BOYBETERKNOW
Can someone please tell me the difference between net exports and current account?

Net Exports: Exports - Imports (Trade in Goods & Services)

Current Account: Trade in Goods (Net Exports); Trade in Services; Current Transfers and Current Income
Reply 144
Original post by studentwiz
How would you work out this one

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400616563.769762.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400616572.879142.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says that Dubai wants to double its workforce to 1.7m by 2015. This means that the current workforce is 1.7/2 = 0.85m. Now it tells you that the population size is 1.6m so its 0.85/1.6 x 100 = 53% :smile:
Original post by Brave reader
I am pretty sure he is right. a budget deficit arises when government spending exceeds tax revenue!.

Budget deficit - Government Spending is more than taxation revenue

Trade Deficit - More imports than exports

Current Account deficit - More money is leaving the economy than entering it.
how do you calculate gdp please?
Original post by wolalala
what points would you include for that question ?

and ohh how comes those countries?

you can talk about few things like:

Increase education and training>increase productivity> reduces cost of production> reduces firms prices> Price competitive> demand for exports will increase. Evaluation could be time lag, no guarantee it will increase productivity, opportunity cost,

Privatisation and deregulation> Enables firms to be more efficient and cut costs in order to make more profits> reduces cost of P> Price competitive> increase exports.

Reduce exchange rates through low interest rates > makes exports cheaper and imports expensive> increases demand for exports> better trade balance. Evaluation:Depends on PED of X and M, may increase consumer expenditure some of which may be on imports

Japan has been on news a lot recently and they have lots of problems regarding BoP and unemployment, ageing population so on, so i guess the examiners have a wider range of questions to choose from if they go with Japan.

As for India it's a growing economy with high export lead growth, income is not distributed evenly, high poverty. So again another guess.

We'll see tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Hitoeveryone
I'm predicting BoP or Unemployment to come up this year. They might say something like 'discuss how supply side policies can improve an economy's trade balance' just guessing like i did for unit 1 which turned out to be exactly like i predicted :tongue:

For the case study i think they might use Japan or India :/

this is exactly what my teacher predicted and she's the chief examiner for F582 haha
Original post by maisiemorris
I've literally had all my exams last week so I've only had today to learn everything for the exam tomorrow and I think I've covered the basics, but does anyone have any revision resources they could send me because I'm worried I haven't gone over everything!!!

Go tutor2u or econplusdal on utube :smile:
What could the 18 marker be on?
Like for Micro, we were pretty sure it would be on market failure.. So what could it be for macro?
Good luck everyone! :smile:
what are some of the key definitions to learn for this unit?
Original post by brenkongroup
Budget deficit - Government Spending is more than taxation revenue

Trade Deficit - More imports than exports

Current Account deficit - More money is leaving the economy than entering it.

true. so i was right about budget deficit.
Original post by RazorBlade3000
Go tutor2u or econplusdal on utube :smile:

Thank you econplusdal is really helping for last minute revision!
What do you need to know on cpi and rpi?
What questions are likely to on up on this?
Original post by Brave reader
true. so i was right about budget deficit.

Yes sir you were - A's all round i say :biggrin:
Original post by mohknows
What do you need to know on cpi and rpi?
What questions are likely to on up on this?

It it won't ask you directly about CPI and rpi, never seen it in a past paper.
Retaking. Got a B last time, hoping for an A at least.
Original post by Hitoeveryone
you can talk about few things like:

Increase education and training>increase productivity> reduces cost of production> reduces firms prices> Price competitive> demand for exports will increase. Evaluation could be time lag, no guarantee it will increase productivity, opportunity cost,

Privatisation and deregulation> Enables firms to be more efficient and cut costs in order to make more profits> reduces cost of P> Price competitive> increase exports.

Reduce exchange rates through low interest rates > makes exports cheaper and imports expensive> increases demand for exports> better trade balance. Evaluation:Depends on PED of X and M, may increase consumer expenditure some of which may be on imports

Japan has been on news a lot recently and they have lots of problems regarding BoP and unemployment, ageing population so on, so i guess the examiners have a wider range of questions to choose from if they go with Japan.

As for India it's a growing economy with high export lead growth, income is not distributed evenly, high poverty. So again another guess.

We'll see tomorrow :smile:

ohh I see, okay, thank you!! :smile:
Original post by studentwiz
what are some of the key definitions to learn for this unit?

Inflation
ad
as
real gdp
eco growth
gdp
cyclical unemployment, frictional and structural,
exchange rate
interest rate
basically what the book tells u

Quick Reply

Latest