The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Economics/Economic Research 2024

Hi everyone! I wanted to create this year's admission thread. Do you have any news on your application? Mine went on "awaiting approval by PAO" on the 23rd of January
Reply 1
Original post by Luchino13
Hi everyone! I wanted to create this year's admission thread. Do you have any news on your application? Mine went on "awaiting approval by PAO" on the 23rd of January

Hi there and congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, can I inquire about your application background? I'm an international applicant myself and my application status changed to 'under review' on the 21st January. I'm eagerly awaiting the outcome. It would be great to hear about your experience and maybe we could offer each other some support during this waiting period!
Reply 2
Original post by AustiBob
Hi there and congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, can I inquire about your application background? I'm an international applicant myself and my application status changed to 'under review' on the 21st January. I'm eagerly awaiting the outcome. It would be great to hear about your experience and maybe we could offer each other some support during this waiting period!

Sure thing! I'm also international. BSc in Business and Economics with high gpa (29.67/30) and 2 RAships (one short tho). At the time of application I still hadn't taken metrics nor additional math exams apart from my 1st year one (I'm taking linear algebra and multivariate analysis at the moment), so I had my doubts about the application, but I'm surprised it went to PAO so fast! What about you? Also, are you applying to econ or econ research?
The wait is draining, as this would also be my first acceptance (hopefully).
Best of luck!!
Hi, has anyone heard anything from MPhil Economics?
Reply 4
Sure thing! I'm also international. BSc in Business and Economics with high gpa (29.67/30) and 2 RAships (one short tho). At the time of application I still hadn't taken metrics nor additional math exams apart from my 1st year one (I'm taking linear algebra and multivariate analysis at the moment), so I had my doubts about the application, but I'm surprised it went to PAO so fast! What about you? Also, are you applying to econ or econ research?
The wait is draining, as this would also be my first acceptance (hopefully).
Best of luck!!

Thank you for sharing your background! It's quite impressive. I have a Bachelor's in Economics, majoring in finance, with a GPA of 3.8 out of 4, which isn't high enough I think. I'm applying for econ research and I believe my biggest challenge may be that English isn't my first language and I lack overseas experience. However, I'm staying optimistic. Congratulations again on making it to PAO! Wishing you a swift offer. All the best!
Reply 5
Original post by AustiBob
Thank you for sharing your background! It's quite impressive. I have a Bachelor's in Economics, majoring in finance, with a GPA of 3.8 out of 4, which isn't high enough I think. I'm applying for econ research and I believe my biggest challenge may be that English isn't my first language and I lack overseas experience. However, I'm staying optimistic. Congratulations again on making it to PAO! Wishing you a swift offer. All the best!

I actually just got my offer (econ research)! Super happy about it! Now I'll have to wait for news on scholarships tho, as borrowing that much money is though.
I don't see how a 3.8 gpa could ever be too low honestly, and they seem to focus more on school curriculum than experiences abroad etc. Let me know how your application goes!
Reply 6
I actually just got my offer (econ research)! Super happy about it! Now I'll have to wait for news on scholarships tho, as borrowing that much money is though.
I don't see how a 3.8 gpa could ever be too low honestly, and they seem to focus more on school curriculum than experiences abroad etc. Let me know how your application goes!

That's fantastic news, congratulations on your offer for econ research! Wishing you all the best with the scholarship news, and thanks again for the encouragement!
Hi! For people who have moved to the PAO stage and yet received an offer, does your application portal status now say "Decision Pending" as well?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi! For people who have moved to the PAO stage and yet received an offer, does your application portal status now say "Decision Pending" as well?

Happened to a lot of us in MPhil MLMI! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7417538&page=10
Original post by Anonymous #3

Thank you for this!
Reply 11

It was created yesterday tho, this one earlier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending