The Student Room Group

**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F582 21st MAY 2014 THREAD************

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheVIllageGeek
Can someone please confirm if the analyse question was 4 marks??

Analyse was a 6 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tom689
Thoughts on grade boundaries for an A, given than the majority of people found it hard?

I reckon it will be around about the 45/46 mark.
Original post by tom689
Thoughts on grade boundaries for an A, given than the majority of people found it hard?

I predict a 46/47 for an A- a lot of room for error imo.
What affects consumption i said inflation will i get a mark
Original post by RazorBlade3000
What affects consumption i said inflation will i get a mark

Yes- you should
Original post by uannaka
The question was about the effects of trade deficit to surplus on the economy. Not describe how the trade deficit became a trade surplus. Did you talk about the effects on unemployment, inflation?

i mentioned cyclical unemployment due to a current account deficit.

also that a deficit may lead to deflation causing more unemployment
i basically focused on current account deficits and its costs/benefits and significance, and how to resolve it. is there any chance of getting 5+ marks?
For the calculation question, I worked out the first part to get $756bn but left it at that.
I missed out the next step...

How many mark(s) would I get out of 3?
Original post by VinayPatel
For the calculation question, I worked out the first part to get $756bn but left it at that.
I missed out the next step...

How many mark(s) would I get out of 3?

Im dissapointed...
Original post by VinayPatel
For the essay, I missed out the diagram (A02) but developed many points and evaluated well...how many marks would I lose for not having a diagram?

You can still achieve full marks without a diagram. Its just easier to get full marks with one.
Reply 410
Original post by kingdoo
Technically that is the same policy said twice but used for different purposes. You needed to mention either exchange rates or the money supply.

I had used quantitative easing and interest rate for this 4 marker, I didn't want to risk using interest rates twice, but if the mark scheme is kind enough you'll possibly get the 4 marks
Original post by hanley9
You can still achieve full marks without a diagram. Its just easier to get full marks with one.

Cheers mate. I just thought that my marks would be capped and I wouldn't get more than 8 marks. Thanks for clearing that up.
Hey guys, basically i mixed up the current balance thing and in the essay i defined it as government budget so things like revenue is less than expenditure something like that, but after the definitions i did mention about the rise of exports will bring up AD and gain GDP and benefits the economy something like that. I also wrote studd about monetary policy and supply side policy. For like the negative side, i wrote something like, if the government is in debt then the surplus would not benefit the economy too much something like that. I have drawn 3 graphs. AS shifting right, AD shifting left and AD shifting right. I know it is totally the wrong essay but i have mentioned about trade deficit and surplus, do i still get marks? i am really worried.

Also for the micro we have taken last week, do i get marks for the whole essay if i messed if i have the MSC and MPC mixed up ?

Please help... and thank you very much
Original post by Vivixn
I had used quantitative easing and interest rate for this 4 marker, I didn't want to risk using interest rates twice, but if the mark scheme is kind enough you'll possibly get the 4 marks

I said they could raise the rate of interest which would increase saving and decrease borrowing as it is more expensive. Decreasing AD and inflation.

I put if they were to raise the exchange rate then this would decrease exports and increase imports. Decreasing AD and therefore inflation
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kingdoo
I said they could raise the rate of interest which would increase saving and decrease borrowing as it is more expensive. Decreasing AD and inflation.

I put if they were to raise the exchange rate then this would decrease exports and increase imports. Decreasing AD and therefore inflation

Why did you specifically talk about inflation given that it was equilibrium?
Original post by TheVIllageGeek
Why did you specifically talk about inflation given that it was equilibrium?

Sorry no I didn't I forgot which question no I just said it reduces AD
Guys, would I lose a mark for 2b if i merely said a fall in exchange rate rather than devaluing the exchange rate?
Reply 417
For the Essay, long story short:

Benefits
- A trade surplus is when exports exceed imports, (X-M)^
- It's a componant of AD, net exports ^ therefore AD^
- Creates growth and Reduces Cyclical Unemployment

- It is also a massive injection into the circular of flow
- Explained - one's expenditure is another's income etc.
- Positive multiplier effect may occur

Costs
- Inequality of wealth increases
- Inflation occurs, which ^ price of exports again therefore has no long term affect

Judgement
- Depends where the economy is operating at.
- What type of policy the economy will use - Interest or Supply

Opinion
Trade surplus is good but will be good to use supply policy to address the increase in inflation

If you reckon some are my points are wrong, please tell me :smile: and if you had written different things, please do share!
Original post by Vivixn

Benefits

Costs
- Inflation occurs, which ^ price of exports again therefore has no long term affect

Judgement

Opinion
Trade surplus is good but will be good to use supply policy to address the increase in inflation

If you reckon some are my points are wrong, please tell me :smile: and if you had written different things, please do share!

i basically wrote the same benefits for my essay but the definitions part was all wrong .. do i still get marks
Original post by Vivixn

Benefits

Costs

Judgement

Opinion

Yr essay plan is so good that u made me feel like I threw rubbishes on my essay....... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest