The Student Room Group

How much time do you get off uni?

I've read that some unis give you 4-5 months off, is that true?

Scroll to see replies

After this Friday, I have 4 months off. I also got a month off at Easter, and 3 at Christmas. No reading weeks though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
For most about a month at Christmas, a month at Easter and about 4 for the summer. Also you may get a couple of reading weeks.

In short loads.
Reply 3
I'm with the Open Uni and my time off is from the end of May to the start of October.

I also get a fortnight off at Christmas and Easter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I get 7 weeks a year total now.... but in pre-clinical I had 3 months of summer and about a month each at Christmas and Easter.
wow what do you do in all that time off?
Original post by ManWithNoName.

Wait for late September to start again.
My last exam is on 12th June and I start uni again on 29th September, so I get a good 3 and a half months off!

Will be working in a pharmacy for a good 3 months of it though.

Some people, however, finished their exams in the end of May, so I guess they get about 4 months off.

Edit: For my cohort of pharmacy students, we got 3 weeks off in December and the same for Easter, but we did not get any reading weeks throughout the year. So I guess you could say we get about 5 months off in total throughout the year. On the other hand, we had exams like 2 or 3 days in to the terms for both Christmas and Easter holidays, so I guess they weren't really holidays per se - a lot of it was spent revising. For other courses, however, they would have enjoyed the vast majority of their holidays.
(edited 9 years ago)
I get 2 official weeks off at Christmas but another 3weeks in January for exams.
I have no lectures after Easter but exams during May and go back at the end of September.
No reading weeks.
Haven't been in since Easter, nothing til late Sep. also had a month off for Christmas. Modules are 11 weeks long so have been in for 22 teaching weeks this year.
Original post by ManWithNoName.

Well in Christmas and particularly Easter study lots. Summer is mostly spent saying how you should really finish your filing and prep for next year while bumming around having barbecues and drinking Pimms.
6 months
I finish on the 6th June and come back in late September, so just short of four months holiday. Got two weeks at Easter and at Christmas. I do feel a bit sorry for people who are paying £9,000 a year and get like 4-5 months off at Summer, as well as reading weeks and 3-4 weeks at Christmas/Easter.
I get off twice a day :wink: :perv:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
5/6 weeks at Christmas, 5/6 at Easter, 13 weeks for summer but 2/3 weeks of term after exams to do whatever I want. So 25-28 weeks, probably 26. That's about 6 months.

For Christmas I didn't do much. For Easter I met up with friends and played a few sports. For summer I'm going to Prague with my flat, Maldives with my family, maybe somewhere like Ayia Napa with some mates from home and maybe Rome and Berlin with another mate. Gotta love student overdrafts :wink:
Original post by pzoDe
5/6 weeks at Christmas, 5/6 at Easter, 13 weeks for summer but 2/3 weeks of term after exams to do whatever I want. So 25-28 weeks, probably 26. That's about 6 months.

For Christmas I didn't do much. For Easter I met up with friends and played a few sports. For summer I'm going to Prague with my flat, Maldives with my family, maybe somewhere like Ayia Napa with some mates from home and maybe Rome and Berlin with another mate. Gotta love student overdrafts :wink:

5-6 weeks off and christmas and easter? Wtf!!!
Original post by fajitamunch
I get off twice a day :wink: :perv:

Lmao.

My last exam was 12th May, and I start again on 22nd September I think, perhaps 29th. So I get a good 4/5 months off :smile:
I got a month for Christmas, five weeks for Easter and I think my summer'll be about three months. A lot of time off basically :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year I got about 5/6 months off in total, this year about 4months. (Some of my modules run into Easter and summer)
What kind of courses do you people do to get 5/6 weeks off at easter and christmas and able to finish your exams in early may?

I start at the end of september and am in uni 5 days a week untill mid december, I get 2 weeks off to study then I do exams. Then it's straight through barring a 2 week holiday during easter (again which is used for exams studying) until june.

I need to have a word with my department here.

Quick Reply

Latest