The Student Room Group

A2 psychology OCR G543 revision thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by random1234567
I am doing education, finally someone on tsr doing it!

Haha thank god someone else is doing it!
How are you feeling about it? any ideas what might come up? :smile:
Reply 761
Original post by socially inept
Last year it was group cohesion, motivation and aggression. :smile:

I'm feeling okay-ish, I've revised a lot (some sections more than others) but if arousal comes up I'll be screaming inside because it's easy. Just hoping the part b's aren't too difficult!

Brilliant thank you! Gutted aggression was recent, probably means it won't come up again and I don't mind that section!
I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, but must admit the amount we have to revise in general is ridiculous :/
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing for part b... the way they word it is just confusing...
considering that dysfunctional behaviour and disorders both looks at explanations and treatments following the behavioural, biological and cognitive approaches, do you think it's acceptable to use the same studies for all both?
Reply 763
Original post by jodie.irwin27
considering that dysfunctional behaviour and disorders both looks at explanations and treatments following the behavioural, biological and cognitive approaches, do you think it's acceptable to use the same studies for all both?

I think many people just use same studies like i think im just gonna use all disorder (depression) studies as I like most of them but I love gottesman and shields as there is so much too talk about so thts the only one i will use for dysfunctional behaviour biological explanation.
Anyone have any evaluation points for evaluating explanations of disorders and characteristics of disorders
Original post by rohan11
I think many people just use same studies like i think im just gonna use all disorder (depression) studies as I like most of them but I love gottesman and shields as there is so much too talk about so thts the only one i will use for dysfunctional behaviour biological explanation.

yeah i'm also doing depression and I prefer the gottesman and shields explanation, so I will use that for the biologial explanation in dysfunctional and then the rest of the disorder studies I will use for dysfunctional. Thank you! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Do any of the 'interviewing a suspect' studies support the situational explanation?
Original post by wolalala
Do any of the 'interviewing a suspect' studies support the situational explanation?

Gudjohnsson's supports both individual and situational? Because they found that FC was highly suggestible surely that's individual or it could be argued that way.

Mann is situational and then interrogation is Inbau's 9 step thing which I think is situational too but Gudjohnsson's is quite ambiguous tbh.
Reply 768

false confession gudjohnsson on 'FC' is situational explanation as he gave in to the pressure of interrgation which was his situation and they found that his intelligence or health was just fine and average.
Reply 769
Last year it was group cohesion, motivation and aggression. :smile:

I'm feeling okay-ish, I've revised a lot (some sections more than others) but if arousal comes up I'll be screaming inside because it's easy. Just hoping the part b's aren't too difficult!

I'm doing sport too! What were the questions that came up for cohesion and motivation?
Gudjohnsson's supports both individual and situational? Because they found that FC was highly suggestible surely that's individual or it could be argued that way.

Mann is situational and then interrogation is Inbau's 9 step thing which I think is situational too but Gudjohnsson's is quite ambiguous tbh.

Original post by rohan11
false confession gudjohnsson on 'FC' is situational explanation as he gave in to the pressure of interrgation which was his situation and they found that his intelligence or health was just fine and average.

Ohhh okay, I see, Thank you guys for replying :smile:
Original post by rohan11

so if I said a study was situational (which is good as it shwos the effects of others) to counter argue it I could mention ethics??
Do you think it's a safe bet not to bother learning the studies that came up last year? I'm starting to feel like I can't learn all 72 so if I don't need to learn the 8 from last year it would make me feel so much better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 773
Any predictions for Health and Clinical?
Original post by Lauren___e
Do you think it's a safe bet not to bother learning the studies that came up last year? I'm starting to feel like I can't learn all 72 so if I don't need to learn the 8 from last year it would make me feel so much better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say pay less attention to them but get the general gist of methods and results, although they came up as section A's you may still have to talk about them in a section B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else struggling with remembering which study goes with the biological explanations and which is for the biological treatments? This exam is so hard haha! I really hope turning to crime comes up for forensic and they don't take that away, even better if it came up twice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 776
Does anyone know the questions that came up last year please?
Original post by annag4
I'm doing sport too! What were the questions that came up for cohesion and motivation?

How does social psychology explain aggression in sport? [10]
Evaluate difficulties when researching aggression in sport. [15]

Outline sports-specific achievement motivation. [10]
To what extent does research into motivation in sport support the view that psychology is a
science? [15]

Describe a theory of group cohesion in sport. [10]
Assess the usefulness of research into group cohesion in sport. [15]

(Aggression, motivation, group cohesion).
so if I said a study was situational (which is good as it shwos the effects of others) to counter argue it I could mention ethics??

You could just counter with individual + how that links to like application or usefulness. E.g. If you say situational is good because blah blah, then your counter could be it ignores individual factors (then go on to explain it). :smile:
Original post by Celina2
Does anyone know the questions that came up last year please?

forensic
5 (a) Describe locus of control with reference to health behaviours. (10)

5 (b) To what extent are theories of health belief reductionist? (15)

6 (a) How could adherence to medical regimes be improved? (10)

6 (b) Discuss the usefulness of research into adherence to medical regimes. (15)

there were two on after a guilty vedict - Haney and Zimbardo, Sherman and Strang

health
5 (a) Describe locus of control with reference to health behaviours. (10)

5 (b) To what extent are theories of health belief reductionist? (15)

6 (a) How could adherence to medical regimes be improved? (10)

6 (b) Discuss the usefulness of research into adherence to medical regimes. (15)

7 (a) Outline behavioural treatment for dysfunctional behaviour. (10)

7 (b) Compare approaches to treating dysfunctional behaviour. (15)

8 (a) Describe the characteristics of one anxiety disorder. (10)

8 (b) To what extent is it valid to identify a disorder from a list of characteristics?(15)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending