The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL POLITICS EXAM: 3C representative processes in the USA

Thought i would make a thread ahead of tomorrow,

Personally think midterms and props are gonna come up but really don't want campaign finance reform....

If you want to contribute what you think may occur in the exam or any advice that would be swell :smile:
Original post by danni182
Thought i would make a thread ahead of tomorrow,

Personally think midterms and props are gonna come up but really don't want campaign finance reform....

If you want to contribute what you think may occur in the exam or any advice that would be swell :smile:

How did you find it? :wink:
Hey! How'd you find it?
I thought the paper was really quite nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by sophf_rth
how did you find it? :wink:

i knew too much
i knew too much

You knew too much? Not enough time?!
Reply 5
Yup! but i wrote a decent plan, which according to edexcel should be marked if not crossed out :P
Yup! but i wrote a decent plan, which according to edexcel should be marked if not crossed out :P

I did 5 points for 5 points against on the pressure groups Q?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Cameron.M
I did 5 points for 5 points against on the pressure groups Q?

Posted from TSR Mobile

looking at that question it seems fair, i did racial and ethnic, so it was only 3 v 3 political economic and social :smile:

Oooh, that's good. I'm hopeful for you. People I heard said they both hated it and it was their worst exam. The wording was confusing or something :confused:
Reply 9
Original post by SophF_rth
Oooh, that's good. I'm hopeful for you. People I heard said they both hated it and it was their worst exam. The wording was confusing or something :confused:

nah the questions were inter-units and pretty decent, but i had been studying ISAP reports and racial sct this year so i had ended up memo rising it all i just didn't finish a point with a round off sentence :L
Reply 10
Thought it was fairly awful to be honest. Went into the exam fairly confident and needing an A for uni. Seemed to me that every 15 marker (except the Republican one) was on a fringe bit of the topic.

Eg.
Out of all of elections they picked props and initiatives
Out of all they could have done on affirmative action, minorities, immigration etc. they chose the more abstract: is race an important issue question.
Out of all of PGs they chose a question about professional lobbyists, which really threw me off.

The only ok question was the PGs vs Parties essay, but even that was fairly abstract in asking about "how important" (in doing what!?) they were in US politics. Also, they don't tend to mix topics, so that made a lot of my planning redundant and I ended up rambling. Shame, as I put a lot of work into that one and didn't end up getting down all the stats dates and facts that I had painstakingly learnt.

Clearing for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
The parties question was interesting - 'to what extent has the obama administration diverted from traditional democrat values and policies' (or to that extent), but in retrospect I think I messed up and answered it all wrong not focusing enough on the historical party ideology. But I've been taught not to look at history - opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by tomffc
Thought it was fairly awful to be honest. Went into the exam fairly confident and needing an A for uni. Seemed to me that every 15 marker (except the Republican one) was on a fringe bit of the topic.

Eg.
Out of all they could have done on affirmative action, minorities, immigration etc. they chose the more abstract: is race an important issue question.
Out of all of PGs they chose a question about professional lobbyists, which really threw me off.

The only ok question was the PGs vs Parties essay, but even that was fairly abstract in asking about "how important" (in doing what!?) they were in US politics. Also, they don't tend to mix topics, so that made a lot of my planning redundant and I ended up rambling. Shame, as I put a lot of work into that one and didn't end up getting down all the stats dates and facts that I had painstakingly learnt.

Clearing for me.

Tbh it seems like alot of people feel like they are in a similar position to you, i think the curve for this will be fairly low, plus unit 4 isn't to hard.

What uni are you looking at? You got to remember they will probably be more lenient and such plus you probably did super well in year 12 :smile:

Basically don't worry :P x
Original post by tomffc

Eg.

Clearing for me.

Considering mid terms are this year you could expect congressional elections to come up
Lobbyists I agree wasn't nice though
And propositions is fairly simple

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did the pg 45 marker and did 3 for and 4 against with a total of 7 pages for it! my time management isnt that good so i didnt have much time for the 15 markers but the lobbyist one i basically coppied the points from the 45 marker! i could use the same points in both essays so is that allowed? will the same examiner mark both questions and realise- and potentially deduct marks?
Reply 15
How did everyone find todays one?
How did everyone find todays one?

15 markers not great
45 brilliant wrote so much needed an extra 2 sheets if paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
15 markers not great
45 brilliant wrote so much needed an extra 2 sheets if paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't find the 15s to bad 5 was easy-ish and so was supreme court! What 45 did you do :O good luck x
Power of the Supreme Court
You too (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Power of the Supreme Court
You too (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lame duck pres, think i am the only one to do that!

Quick Reply

Latest