The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G544 revision thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmaleeA
If the question is on correlation and asks 'outline one other way your research question could be investigated?' would it mean using another method like experiment etc.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah if the question said design a correlation and it asks about an alternative method you just say you may measure one of the variables via a self report, or case study or experiment or observation etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 761
Original post by brucelee01
yeah i'm sure i've read that in a mark scheme, i.e using experiments

(is this amal from college lmaoooo)

Loooooooool yeas, I am so not ready!
AMPRC =

Aim
Method
Procedure
Results
Conclusion
Original post by >Username<
What's AMPRC? :s-smilie:

i think its aim, method, procedure, results and conclusions?
Original post by AmaleeA
Loooooooool yeas, I am so not ready!

haha omg no don't stress!

think of it this way, it's not got the demand of g543 ygm? like it's just applying g541 stuff on a bigger scale

is there anything in particular you're finding hard tho?
Reply 765
What's AMPRC? :s-smilie:

Aim Method Procedure Results Conclusion
My teacher said she doesn't think there's enough evidence from studies to have a whole section on Psychodynamic. What are peoples thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I'm un-subscibing from this thread because for the past 5 pages you're all asking the same questions again and again and it's getting quite irritating to answer the same one 6+ times. Remember; under tools there is a search function; type in the key word and you'll find the answer.

So; good luck everyone!
Reply 768
haha omg no don't stress!

think of it this way, it's not got the demand of g543 ygm? like it's just applying g541 stuff on a bigger scale

is there anything in particular you're finding hard tho?

Getting my head around inferential statistics tbh, that's my worst nightmare everything else I'm okay with ahaah
Can police officers remember registration plates better than non police officers?

Assess the validity of your investigation in measuring the dependant variable. (6)

What can you write? How can you link in ecological validity?

So confused. :frown: :s-smilie:

Ecological validity and validity aren't the same. The question asks about validity which is basically saying are you getting correct results, so are you actually measuring what you set out to measure, is it valid.

So you could talk about whether its open to demand characteristics or socially desirable answers etc. as these wouldn't give you true results.

As always, make sure its contextualised to your specific project.

Hope this helps! I'm not very good at describing things though :s-smilie:
Original post by AmaleeA
Getting my head around inferential statistics tbh, that's my worst nightmare everything else I'm okay with ahaah

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=294394&d=1402424005

^ someone put this up earlier, it's literally all you need to know. you don't need to explain them or anything, if they ask you in the exam you just state the statistic and why (i.e because it's independant measures or whatever)
Can anybody give me a strength for using a correlation? Thanks in advance
Reply 772
Original post by ExamTimi17
My teacher said she doesn't think there's enough evidence from studies to have a whole section on Psychodynamic. What are peoples thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only time it has come up previously is in the jan 2011 paper but it came up in the part d comparison question. Looking at it now, neither the behaviourist nor the psychodynamic perspective have been the main focus of a section b :/

I honestly wouldn't mind a question focused on the psychodynamic perspective!

Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Can police officers remember registration plates better than non police officers?

Assess the validity of your investigation in measuring the dependant variable. (6)

What can you write? How can you link in ecological validity?

So confused. :frown: :s-smilie:

Its not just ecological validity you can talk about. You can talk about participant variables and how these affect validity. For instance if some police officers have only been qualified for a day they may not do as well as the non police officers which will mean that the validity of the findings is affected. You could talk about the task itself, if they look at pictures this makes the task low in ecological validity as in real life there's a 3d image of the registration number and its usually moving away. You can talk about so many things, is the task really measuring what its set out to measure, does it have good face validity? Do the results match up to results of past studies? (I think that's concurrent validity) hope I helped!
Reply 774
[QUITE]Can anybody give me a strength for using a correlation? Thanks in advance

It Is simple and easy to create and it can provide the basis for further detailed research.

Thats all I can come up with.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 775
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=294394&d=1402424005

^ someone put this up earlier, it's literally all you need to know. you don't need to explain them or anything, if they ask you in the exam you just state the statistic and why (i.e because it's independant measures or whatever)

Thank you!!!
Original post by A.A96
[QUTE]Can anybody give me a strength for using a correlation? Thanks in advance

It Is simple and easy to create and it can provide the basis for further detailed research.

Thanks! The main disadvantage is just that it doesn't show cause and effect, right?
Original post by Arch107
Can anybody give me a strength for using a correlation? Thanks in advance

It can tell you how strong the relationship is between two variables and so you know if its worth conducting an experiment into those variables.
Quick question, whats an alternative hypothesis again? Is it one tailed or two tailed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 779
Original post by Arch107

Thanks! The main disadvantage is just that it doesn't show cause and effect, right?

Also the direction of causality cannot be established, and it only considers two variables which is unrealistic

Good luck for tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending