The Student Room Group

Heres my plan, need help

Ok, I've just left school and the plan was to work in film, as a director. I've come to realise that, this is a career which requires an incredible amount of hope and dedication. Sorry! But I'm just not ready for 30 years of scrapping by before my first picture bombs! :tongue:

The new plan is possibly Accounting, I do have interest in finance and as I live in East London, I see it. I went to One Canada Square last week and I was taken aback by it all, it really appeals!
But like everything, theres doubt. Maths is my weakness, here me out. I can do divisions, multiplications, percentages! Fractions but I'm not good at expanding, or other things like that. Whilst most of my grades will be like A*-B, I think Maths is a C. Whilst that isn't bad, it will be the 'one' which doesn't fit in. I'm worrying whether I'll even be able to do the maths required :frown: If not, the ONLY thing left me for is either Motivational Speaking (Can't make a living from that!) or a teacher, thats my only real skill, teaching and explaining. Those who do, do, those who can't, teach :frown:

I've applied for several colleges but the TWO main options are my school and City And Islington.
At CIN, I applied for: History, English L&L, Photography and Film Studies. I will 100% be changing the final two, but I know doing A-Level Maths is both impossible for me and they wouldn't even let me. My friend is also doing this kinda route, but she applied to a college in Essex, its pretty far out (About 40 mins) but if I knew, I would have probably applied to the same place but alas, I cannot.
I've just applied to this other college but god knows :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by DebkoX
Ok, I've just left school and the plan was to work in film, as a director. I've come to realise that, this is a career which requires an incredible amount of hope and dedication. Sorry! But I'm just not ready for 30 years of scrapping by before my first picture bombs! :tongue:

The new plan is possibly Accounting, I do have interest in finance and as I live in East London, I see it. I went to One Canada Square last week and I was taken aback by it all, it really appeals!
But like everything, theres doubt. Maths is my weakness, here me out. I can do divisions, multiplications, percentages! Fractions but I'm not good at expanding, or other things like that. Whilst most of my grades will be like A*-B, I think Maths is a C. Whilst that isn't bad, it will be the 'one' which doesn't fit in. I'm worrying whether I'll even be able to do the maths required :frown: If not, the ONLY thing left me for is either Motivational Speaking (Can't make a living from that!) or a teacher, thats my only real skill, teaching and explaining. Those who do, do, those who can't, teach :frown:

I've applied for several colleges but the TWO main options are my school and City And Islington.
At CIN, I applied for: History, English L&L, Photography and Film Studies. I will 100% be changing the final two, but I know doing A-Level Maths is both impossible for me and they wouldn't even let me. My friend is also doing this kinda route, but she applied to a college in Essex, its pretty far out (About 40 mins) but if I knew, I would have probably applied to the same place but alas, I cannot.
I've just applied to this other college but god knows :s-smilie:

Sounds like a pretty last minute decision! :erm:

Does the concept of teaching appeal to you? If so, teaching what?

And, you're changing your choices? To what?

I can help you find some other job concepts with the A-Levels you've chosen, if you'd like? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Caitlin_3008
Sounds like a pretty last minute decision! :erm:

Does the concept of teaching appeal to you? If so, teaching what?

And, you're changing your choices? To what?

I can help you find some other job concepts with the A-Levels you've chosen, if you'd like? :smile:

Teaching seems ok, not particularly great but I honestly have no major talents, all I'm good at is learning and writing things. Film just isn't realistic. And my choices:s-smilie:? I don't know
Reply 3
Original post by DebkoX
Teaching seems ok, not particularly great but I honestly have no major talents, all I'm good at is learning and writing things. Film just isn't realistic. And my choices:s-smilie:? I don't know

Well, what interests do you have?
Is there something you love doing, like drawing or are you sporty or interested in science or...?

A-Level choices, sorry, that wasn't very clear.
Reply 4
Well, what interests do you have?
Is there something you love doing, like drawing or are you sporty or interested in science or...?

A-Level choices, sorry, that wasn't very clear.

I don't haw much going for me in that aspect. I love history and english. I cannot draw, I'm good at science but don't have a strong interest in it. I'm not talented
Reply 5
Original post by DebkoX
I don't haw much going for me in that aspect. I love history and english. I cannot draw, I'm good at science but don't have a strong interest in it. I'm not talented

Well you could look into teaching either of those subjects, then?
If you like the concept of teaching :smile:
Reply 6
Well you could look into teaching either of those subjects, then?
If you like the concept of teaching :smile:

I'm not sure. I'd like to do ac lightning but I don't even know if I'll be able to do it ;[

Quick Reply

Latest